• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The Zoom Fly SP is a hybrid of the Vaporfly 4%'s wrap support upper (instead of flywire) with the Zoom Fly's 'regular' Lunarlon sole and carbon-like plate (instead of the ZoomX sole and all carbon-fiber plate)?

Kinda tempted to use this Off-White version for actual running than for casual use lol...I love running with my Zoom Fly's, already put almost 200 miles in them since I got them when they first came out earlier this summer.

I mean.

Wear them out in a year by running.

Or.

Sell them at 5x resale to all the hypebeasts out there.

Anyone got the inikis? I enjoy the silhouette more than the nmd but I was wondering how the boost is vs the nmd. If anything I imagine it's practically the same amount of boost.
Also the sns x adidas eqt look very nice, esp the blue. I swear the eqt ultra pk is even more comfy than ub's

Anyone got the inikis? I enjoy the silhouette more than the nmd but I was wondering how the boost is vs the nmd. If anything I imagine it's practically the same amount of boost.
Also the sns x adidas eqt look very nice, esp the blue. I swear the eqt ultra pk is even more comfy than ub's

Inikis are much more comfier than the NMDs, particularly over the R2s as the rear plug can dig into your arch/heel (which it does in my case).

Out of the Boost shoes I own, I'd personally rank them as: UB > Iniki > NMD R1 > NMD R2

you think i'm gonna have a hard time trying to cop the flyknit trainers tomorrow fam?
Nope. I think they'll be a relatively easy cop if you are on it come release time.

I dont understand why they have a 3 day presale when they will probably sellout as fast as their workers can check people out.
It's by appointment, bit like the Mars Yards were. They'll know how many pairs they have and will book appointments to suit the numbers.

Oxn

Nope. I think they'll be a relatively easy cop if you are on it come release time.

It's by appointment, bit like the Mars Yards were. They'll know how many pairs they have and will book appointments to suit the numbers.

Had no idea it was by appt, do you know how to book one?

Zeke

I don't know where else to ask this but I figured this would be the best place. I have a pair of kobe mamba instincts but the insoles kill me. To be clear the one on the left is the problem. It makes the shoe way too tight around my toes. I bought a cheap pair of insoles and it feels much better but I was wondering if there are some quality insoles anyone could recommend.

Oxn

You can register your interest here.

They're getting an online release in November though, and seems like a fair few stores will get them. END, FootPatrol and Overkill have already confirmed they are getting them.

Oh wow, i was looking at that site all day yesterday and i had no idea the notify me button was actually the get on the waiting list button.

I literally work 5minutes from the location. Will ask my boss to take a half day if im choosen.

Idk if I missed a restock or not. There was a notice on my phone for the Nike+ app saying I unlocked special access to select styles.

Any one else?

see5harp

The heels are kind of weird/floppy so check those out.

I agree with this. Unlike many mesh NMD's, I think you can actually size half size down with the Inikis. The floppy heel doesn't bother me much since I essentially wear them as shit kickers.

OG Kush

Anyone here have experience dyeing trainers? Specifically looking at the flyknit trainer. Would really like a dark grey flyknit trainer and while the leaked pics of the dark olive made it out look very grey, other pics show it to still have an olive shade.

My main concern is whether dyeing it will get rid of the Nike tick logo, but that is printed on so not sure how it will work?

Inikis are much more comfier than the NMDs, particularly over the R2s as the rear plug can dig into your arch/heel (which it does in my case).

Out of the Boost shoes I own, I'd personally rank them as: UB > Iniki > NMD R1 > NMD R2

The heels are kind of weird/floppy so check those out.
Thanks! Floppy as in fat with boost or your heel area just feels weird? Also how're the sizing? TTS like ub or down for nmd?

Thanks! Floppy as in fat with boost or your heel area just feels weird? Also how're the sizing? TTS like ub or down for nmd?

Due to the shoe basically being like a single mesh bootie with Boost attached to the bottom, if your heel isn't snug against the mesh, the heel area kinda flops a bit. It's a slightly weird feeling due to how minimal the shoe itself is but you get used to it.

I went TTS and due to the shoe materials, there's a lot of give particularly on the sides.

That said, it's very breathable for wearing sockless, but even with socks it's still quite comfortable.

Anyone here have experience dyeing trainers? Specifically looking at the flyknit trainer. Would really like a dark grey flyknit trainer and while the leaked pics of the dark olive made it out look very grey, other pics show it to still have an olive shade.

My main concern is whether dyeing it will get rid of the Nike tick logo, but that is printed on so not sure how it will work?
Just did a quick search and one person recommended using Angelus Leather Dye. Just make sure you tape up the sole properly, because the dye won't come out.

Also saw a video on YT of someone dyeing a pair of Mariahs and it seemed to work perfectly fine. The swoosh should remain the same if it's black to begin with.

OG Kush

Just did a quick search and one person recommended using Angelus Leather Dye. Just make sure you tape up the sole properly, because the dye won't come out.

Also saw a video on YT of someone dyeing a pair of Mariahs and it seemed to work perfectly fine. The swoosh should remain the same if it's black to begin with.

Great thanks!

Due to the shoe basically being like a single mesh bootie with Boost attached to the bottom, if your heel isn't snug against the mesh, the heel area kinda flops a bit. It's a slightly weird feeling due to how minimal the shoe itself is but you get used to it.

I went TTS and due to the shoe materials, there's a lot of give particularly on the sides.

That said, it's very breathable for wearing sockless, but even with socks it's still quite comfortable.
Thank you for the help!

see5harp

To me it's because there's no rigid heel cup in the iniki just that thin strip of leather that sorta is supposed to hold your heel in but it's really loose and the sides of iniki is super thin mesh. If you get the all red, the suede bleeds like crazy.

Acrylic7

Metallic Silver Nike Vandal.
I like these simplistic designs.

NIKE-VANDAL-HIGH-SUPREME-QS-METALLIC-SILVER-8.jpg

Looks like the white/black FlyKnit Trainers sold out with the quickness. Surprising.

Maybe Nike testing out the waters with them.
..then like all other recent retros flood the market soon after and eventually can cop on clearance with additional 20% off

shira

Are you buying them because of kanye or because they are actual good shoes?
blush_smile.gif

Way too expensive in Canada. Might as well get a premium shoe

Oxn

Are you buying them because of kanye or because they are actual good shoes?
blush_smile.gif

Way too expensive in Canada. Might as well get a premium shoe

I dont know if they are actually good shoes tbh

But i really dig the color and pattern, and the silhouette. The only thing i dont like is how the midsole looks, and the price seems too high for what the shoes is. But the things i do like about it, i really like.

And i dont care for Kanye at all. I wanted to wait for a sale, but with them selling out in minutes it may be another 2 years before that will happen.

Edit: also i wanted a grey pair of sneakers. I was going to buy the triple grey ultraboost releasing next week, but then i saw the real life photos today and thought the color looked hideous. Nothing like the stock photo. You be the judge. The 1st is RL, the 2nd is stock photo.

adidas-Ultra-Boost-3.0-681x454.jpg

adidas-ultra-boost-3-0-triple-grey-CG3041-01.jpg

BumRush

Oxn

I mean, $190 for sweats. That's more than like 95%+ of all shoe models they have. Who would pay that much for non-designer sweats?

”Tech" clothing is all the rage now. Just put the word in front of any item and you can instantly charge 2-3 times more. Add on to the fact that the word is in front of the other hot word ”knit" and you can just forget about it.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Edit: also i wanted a grey pair of sneakers. I was going to buy the triple grey ultraboost releasing next week, but then i saw the real life photos today and thought the color looked hideous. Nothing like the stock photo. You be the judge. The 1st is RL, the 2nd is stock photo.

There's such a heavy blue filter on the "rl" photo that it's certainly not going to be an accurate representation of the true color; you'd need to see 'em in person to really judge.

Oxn

There's such a heavy blue filter on the "rl" photo that it's certainly not going to be an accurate representation of the true color; you'd need to see 'em in person to really judge.

Yea i did notice that. But the fact that all 3 greys are such different shades and tones really bothered me as well.

I'll also see when people start doing reviews of them.

Never thought the colourway looked good. The upper and boost clashed with no way to gradually ease into the lightness of the upper with the darkness of the boost. Looked like it might've been a bitch to outfit too.

I think I'll wait until September 15th when these colourways drop:

Assuming I can get them of course. The burgundy one looks so much better than the laughable ground beef colourway.

Top Bottom