• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Never thought the colourway looked good. The upper and boost clashed with no way to gradually ease into the lightness of the upper with the darkness of the boost. Looked like it might've been a bitch to outfit too.

I think I'll wait until September 15th when these colourways drop:

Assuming I can get them of course. The burgundy one looks so much better than the laughable ground beef colourway.

What product code are the greys? I can't find any info on them and I'm a sucker for neutrals.

Oxn

These look so nice:

The EQT 93/17 gets all the ugly colorways so far (few exceptions like the Milled Leather). Why cant they put this upper on it.

They will soon remedy this with the BaitMe collab and the Cream colorway.

Both will be mine, and my first EQT boost sneaker.

concepts-adidas-ultra-boost-3-0-friends-2.jpg

Ultra limited collab with CONCEPTS and Adidas. Apparently only 17 made for select people. It just looks so clean and amazing. Love the rope laces with the black and white cage.

What product code are the greys? I can't find any info on them and I'm a sucker for neutrals.

Are you talking about the triple greys (Oxn posted the code) or the grey in my post? I don't have the product code, I just got the colourways off of this website:

http://justfreshkicks.com/adidas-ultra-boost-release-dates/

Ultra limited collab with CONCEPTS and Adidas. Apparently only 17 made for select people. It just looks so clean and amazing. Love the rope laces with the black and white cage.

Ugh. That cage ain't clean looking bruh, but the rope laces are cool. Shoe itself is actually kinda boring really. The burgundy CW you posted was much cleaner imo.

I used 3M rope laces on my UBs but they were a PITA to keep tied so I switched them for 3M flats and stuck with those instead

uhnomoli

Neo Member
Copped the BAIT pack. Most I've ever dropped on shoes. Might try to resell a pair to recoup. Any one have any opinions on GOAT vs StockX for sellers?

uhnomoli

Neo Member
How'd you buy it?

If i need to purchase it as a pack i rather not do it.

I got an email from the raffle with a reservation to buy the white pair and a link for a pack with the white and black that was first-come, first-served among the raffle winners. The white pair was $180, the pack was $400.

Oxn

My Desert Moss Vapormax is coming today. Hope i like it.

I got an email from the raffle with a reservation to buy the white pair and a link for a pack with the white and black that was first-come, first-served among the raffle winners.

Whelp, guess i didnt get picked then.

acohrs

found a european site selling the air jordan 1 new love for 89€. Decided for that price to pull the trigger and get my first jordans, excited now!

BumRush

Update: the old put them in a pillowcase with detergent on an "Intimates" setting (cold, low spin) works like a charm for white PK. They're brand new.

Oxn

Update: the old put them in a pillowcase with detergent on an "Intimates" setting (cold, low spin) works like a charm for white PK. They're brand new.

Do you need to throw some liquid detergent into the pillow case before throwing it in, or the normal way you put in detergent is fine?

BumRush

Do you need to throw some liquid detergent into the pillow case before throwing it in, or the normal way you put in detergent is fine?

I just put detergent in the normal way. It'll find its way into the case. I used 2 separate cases by the way.

Oh and obviously air dry them...no machine

acohrs

also wore a new pair of nudies with my 3.0 TW and got some denim stains now. :'(

read online, soaking the PK in stain remover should get rid, going to try now

Oxn

Putting in my bids on stockx. This color really grabs me and i dont see an upcoming color that will do so

Nike-Air-VaporMax-Midnight-Fog-03.png

Woot i won for well under retail price. I went tts, so i hope i dont regret it. I got narrow feet so i think i should be ok. Does it stretch out like pk? My uncaged were tts and it stretched out to perfection.

Im so scared about the sizing on the Vapormax i ordered.

I went to the store today, saw a size 10 on the showroom floor, compared it to my size 8.5 Uncaged from heel cup to heel cup, and the length was the same......

I ordered an 8.5........ thats a 1.5 size difference. I order all my sneakers in 8.5 and there's still room left, and even sometimes an 8 if its a bulky sneaker. Why is the sizing on a 10 Vapormax, the same length as my 8.5 uncaged?

Ackkkk, this gonna be a stressful week until it gets here.

Just came in. Super duper happy with the color, and the size i went with.

Never walk with this shoe on glossy surfaces though.

Hmm...my BAIT is giving preference to people buying both shoes in the R&D pack.

I only want the Future EQTs, I think the 93/16s are wack, but might be worth it just to get both and sell the 93/16s just to get ahead in the line so I can get the EQTs.

uhnomoli

Neo Member
Hmm...my BAIT is giving preference to people buying both shoes in the R&D pack.

I only want the Future EQTs, I think the 93/17s are wack, but might be worth it just to get both and sell the 93/17s just to get ahead in the line so I can get the EQTs.

Yeah, I didn't really want the pack, but that was the only way to get the Futures and on top of it only the 93/16s were reserved. The pack was first-come, first-served.

Oxn

Uhh...the black ones are the EQT Support Futures...which are the ones we want.

The 93/16s are the glow in the darks.

Well you edited your post. You said you didnt want the 93/17

Anyways atleast they will be selling at consortium stores on 9/2 so i still got a chance. Living in NYC i got a few options.

Well you edited your post. You said you didnt want the 93/17

Jesus man.

I edited it because I wrote 93/17 ERRONEOUSLY, they're 93/16s, which you still did not catch onto.

And I DON'T want the 93/16s, they're the glow in the darks.

The EQT Support Futures are again the black ones, again, the ones that the other poster and I both want, which again, you identified incorrectly.

bait-adidas-eqt-support-future

These. These are the ones we both said we want. The EQT Support Futures.

We both said we did not want the 93/16s.

Oxn

Jesus man.

I edited it because I wrote 93/17 ERRONEOUSLY, they're 93/16s, which you still did not catch onto.

And I DON'T want the 93/16s, they're the glow in the darks.

The EQT Support Futures are again the black ones, again, the ones that the other poster and I both want, which again, you identified incorrectly.

bait-adidas-eqt-support-future

These. These are the ones we both said we want. The EQT Support Futures.

We both said we did not want the 93/16s.

I did catch onto it, which is where the confusion started from. Dont get mad at others cause you wrote the wrong shit "ERRONEOUSLY"

chill out

I did catch onto it, which is where the confusion started from. Dont get mad at others cause you wrote the wrong shit "ERRONEOUSLY"

chill out

Do you still not understand? The only thing I erroneously wrote was 93/17 instead of 93/16s.

The 93/16s are stilll the glow in the dark ones, which again, we both said we did not want.

You then claimed we both said we didn't want the black ones, the Futures, which is literally the opposite of what we said.

I've seen the EQTs and I'm wondering what's the appeal. They look like great sneakers but do they have a reason for being what they are? (ex. Ultra Boost being the running/casual lifestyle shoe, Nike Flyknit Racers being performance based etc.)

bedlamite

I've seen the EQTs and I'm wondering what's the appeal. They look like great sneakers but do they have a reason for being what they are? (ex. Ultra Boost being the running/casual lifestyle shoe, Nike Flyknit Racers being performance based etc.)
They're just a comfy lifestyle shoe with an appealing (IMHO) silhouette

Just copped the pale grey Flyknit trainers, trying very hard to not pick up the gum sole Komyuters as well
argh my wallet

yay or nay on this primeflyknit version of aj1
beg.gif

I say yay. Tried on the high multicoloured AF1 flyknits and they were hella comfortable (just didn't like the look of the high cut on AF1s in general). Also noticed that it's much lighter than the original AF1s, so if you didn't like the heaviness of the shoes, flyknits are your best friend.

Should at least be comfier. If there's one thing that AJ1 and Dunks aren't is feet friendly. Source: I wore a pair of SB Dunks today for two hours.

I think comfort is YMMV, bc I have an original AF1 with grey upper and black heel and swoosh and it was one of the more comfortable ball/workout shoes I've used (of course after the lifestyle hype faded away).

Top Bottom