• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES CLASSIC IS UP AT BEST BUY [gone]

Almost missed it as I also was indisposed due to the wife. Good thing we were at the finish line. Got an order in 6 mins after the alert. Just waiting for confirmation email.
Edit: got the email. Looking good.

Im on gaf almost all day every day except when this went up and during the amazon echo error.

Oreoleo

of course I was browsing the gaming forum like 5 minutes before this happened, then watched tv for an hour
KuGsj.gif
wtzgU.gif

Sorry bud, keep trying, some people are getting late orders in refreshing a bunch as CC's start getting declined. Would also probably be wise to check around in ~45min as it rolls over to midnight for Amazon and other retailers to see if they put them up today as well.

NolbertoS

Seems alot of scalpers tried to circumnavigate BB and order pickup in different and got cancellations. BB is taking taking thr ordering serious it seems

As I said above, you need to use their Google alerts for this. Their standard alerts are overwhelmed by hugely popular items like this, but the Google alerts will arrive on time. They have instructions how to do it on the page, and you can get them routed to your texts as well.
Cool, thanks. I have those set up now.

The funny thing is I got my order in just after somebody here posted it was already gone. How does that work? My only guess was that I had it in my cart and I was creating an account. Perhaps the system gives you time for this and holds one. My account creation was done as I clicked to order and that email was at 1:29am. More neogaf posts confirmed it was sold out at around 1:30am. I have a confirmation email so I guess I'm good.

Sianos

What's the latest that a preorder would be cancelled by the retailer? I just received my confirmation emai after about 50 minutes, and this means I could cancel my Amazon.de order made from months backs - though I don't want to cancel it and have this order through Best Buy fall through.

I feel like an idiot sitting here refreshing the page. For some reason I didn't get a twitter notification when Wario first tweeted.

ZeoVGM

Banned
What's the latest that a preorder would be cancelled by the retailer? I just received my confirmation emai after about 50 minutes, and this means I could cancel my Amazon.de order made from months backs - though I don't want to cancel it and have this order through Best Buy fall through.

I would say don't cancel it until like... a few days before it comes out.

NolbertoS

Almost missed it as I also was indisposed due to the wife. Good thing we were at the finish line. Got an order in 6 mins after the alert. Just waiting for confirmation email.
Edit: got the email. Looking good.

I think thats the first time I heard somebody ordering a gane after a makeout session with the wife. Good timing ;) no pun intended. This thread is delivering

I.R.I.S.

Neo Member
Why do they make such few units of these things? Arent they losing out on loads of cash by not meeting demand?

Probably something like the fact that it takes up limited factory space or RAM from Switch production so they'd be making money either way and they can't just make both at the same time.

Cant ship to my address what the heck? Just because I'm in Alaska?

That happens to me for Hawaii all the time with things. I can't order anything from them because it either won't ship or on the rare occasion it pops through on their website, it gives a ridiculous price (which still won't go through if you select it).

I talked to them soon the phone several times about it, and they keep saying because Hawaii is international and isn't US.

It's why I can't use GCU either...there is no Best Buy store near me. The closest one is a plane ride away or a really really really long canoe ride.

Oreoleo

I'm in the same boat as you Quote ol' boy but with amazon.co.uk, think I'm gonna wait a day or two at least just in case BB starts running damage control like Wal-Mart did last month.

Top Bottom