• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I can't believe that although the package was returned to Amazon JP, I can't update the order to send it to me. 😡

sleepnaught

So pissed with Amazon, I placed my order literally seconds after it came available, hoping to score one in time for my brother's birthday. No dice. Thankfully, I managed to get one from GameStop. Amazon has been letting me down a whole lot lately, really reconsidering if Prime is worth supporting this company

sonto340

Well I just got out of chat with amazon CS and was told that on their end it’s no longer showing October 11th. It’s just showing a delay and waiting on the manufacturer to get them more stock.

I kind of can’t even believe this.

Well I just got out of chat with amazon CS and was told that on their end it’s no longer showing October 11th. It’s just showing a delay and waiting on the manufacturer to get them more stock.

I kind of can’t even believe this.

So has anyone bothered asking Amazon what the point in preordering from them was if preordering doesn't mean getting the product shipped to you on launch day?

With all of the news in the games media about the SNES launch hype, I'm disappointed that not a single news site has discussed the preorder bullshit from Amazon or Wal-Mart - especially Amazon.

TheContact

Well I contacted Amazon again and they said she was "so sorry" an amazon rep told me it would be shipping on Monday because now there is "sadly there is no information available as to when this item will ship" and I should wait for the email. I asked why they were put on the treasure trucks and she said she could not speculate why. Also inquired about the point of pre orders. She could not give a satisfactory answer and just kept apologizing. I think I'm done with amazon

edit: she got disconnected from the chat, a new girl popped in, and this was her response:

Gellie: I can see here that the order was on hold to prevent them from shipping due to pricing errors.
Me: what pricing error? it says 79.99, that's the price of the unit
Gellie: Yes, however we are currently investigating on this order and check what can be done since there is a problem in the price of the item.

Pikma

Banned
Well I contacted Amazon again and they said she was "so sorry" an amazon rep told me it would be shipping on Monday because now there is "sadly there is no information available as to when this item will ship" and I should wait for the email. I asked why they were put on the treasure trucks and she said she could not speculate why. Also inquired about the point of pre orders. She could not give a satisfactory answer and just kept apologizing. I think I'm done with amazon

edit: she got disconnected from the chat, a new girl popped in, and this was her response:
Lmao that's one of the most ridiculous excuses I've read so far

Had a big amazon box at my doorstep with a "This package contains Lithium Battery" when I got home and got so excited thinking about a stealth SNES Classic care package.

NOPE

it was just the blankets and flashlight i ordered.

Tabasco

Just spoke to an Amazon US rep and they've told me:

I´ve checked the order details for you. and do not worry you´ll receive the package by Guaranteed delivery: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
I´ve also requested the shipping teams to deliver the package on time.

So do not worry the package will be shipped by today or by tomorrow for sure.
I really hope they are right because if they aren't then that's really shitty of them.

I really hope they are right because if they aren't then that's really shitty of them.

You guys getitng these promises make sure you save those conversations. If they fail again you should hassle them and get the damn thing for free at this point.

You guys getitng these promises make sure you save those conversations. If they fail again you should hassle them and get the damn thing for free at this point.

This is already possible, my SNES order at Amazon is only costing me $5 cause of all the discounts they applied. It's the only reason I don't just cancel at this point.

Interesting. I was just told that there were no updates at all and that it was hard to get stock for such a big title. The lady did sound like she was reading all that from some corporate thing though so I don't know if she really checked.

She did advise me to check out the third party sellers since they had some available with a tentative release date of the 11th to the 30th of October but after I politely mentioned how much the price they were selling the item at was she immediately started to backpedal on that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Debating if I should email or chat with CS again about that Oct. 11th date since I was told "we will ship it as soon as we are able to obtain it. This means that we will ship the item as soon as we receive it from our suppliers even if the estimated ship date has still not arrived." They never gave me the date others are getting.

Hell, I've been checking around town just so I can nab one of them for my best friend & then I cancel one of my orders from Amazon so then I only have to worry about the other order being for me.

TheContact

They’re wrong. The girl I spoke with initially said this, I asked her to absolutely confirm and she came back with the pricing error response and that I should wait for the email as to when it will ship

How tf did you get that many discounts? I had to work my ass off for a measly $5

I have a couple SNES orders and contacted CS once for each. You can also contact them for each fuck up, I guess this week would be one since they said they would ship/deliver by the 11th. They applied my discounts all on one order. Was going to cancel my Amazon orders, since Walmart pulled through for me but decided to see if this would work and it did. They also offered me not insignificant amounts of credit, $20, $30, etc. but ymmv on that of course.

Spacebar

If they don't start shipping tomorrow then I don't expect anyone to get them on Oct. 11th. I got the same email after speaking to a rep.

"We expect to ship your order in time to be delivered by October 11, 2017."

I live near a amazon fulfillment center so they could easily ship the day of for Oct. 11th, but we should hear others who don't have a center near them getting shipments. No way they overnight everyone on Tuesday night.

This is already possible, my SNES order at Amazon is only costing me $5 cause of all the discounts they applied. It's the only reason I don't just cancel at this point.

I'm tempted to do it too, but I don't want to push my luck because I have multiple orders on one account and they haven't cancelled any of them yet.

NeOak

mfw this thread has more activity than the official thread

damn

Edit: Amazon shipped the 2 Hori wireless controllers I had preordered when the listing went up. Jesus.

Manzanas

Neo Member
Rep told me we should get it by Thursday:
uqjKfkq.png

uqjKfkq.png

I love how they try acting like they are just the innocent market owners that have no control over their vendor's behavior - until you point out that they were the vendor.

So tired of too many companies not taking ownership or responsibility for their mistakes nowadays. Now I need to go find some other clouds to yell at.

Anyone have new information on the Walmart 9/22 orders?

I'm still waiting on this one...

Last time I checked with a Walmart rep, they told me they would likely have more stock early this week. I also don't think he knew that for sure, and he was probably guessing.

If anybody's interested in hearing.

Dell.com had that $480 bundle that included a SNES classic, New 3DS XL, and 4 3ds games with the option to tack on Majora's Mask.

That bundle lasted about 4 minutes.

It ain't shipping folks. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get till some time in November to be hones. Meanwhile expect this to go more times on sale on their treasure trucks.

I've yet to contact Amazon, but I will be doing that later today and telling them that the pre-orders were worthless. The whole reason for people pre-ordering is so that you are guaranteed to have the product day one without waiting.

They really handled this situation the worst of all major retailers. Even GameStop came through for me on this. Let that sink for a second. Fucking GameStop did better than Amazon.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If Amazon doesn't ship these things then there will be riots in the street and a mean Kotaku story.

If it does ship them but doesn't update my order status then I'm going to personally defecate on the whitehouse lawn.

Tabasco

uqjKfkq.png
I chatted with the exact same person and they told me 1-2 weeks without any specific dates. This was after I chatted with somebody that told me the guaranteed delivery date was October 11th and the 2nd person apologized for that wrong info.

I'm not holding my breath for anything they tell us at this point. I was at least able to get $10 off my pre-order.

cordy

Banned
I chatted with the exact same person and they told me 1-2 weeks without any specific dates. This was after I chatted with somebody that told me the guaranteed delivery date was October 11th and the 2nd person apologized for that wrong info.

I'm not holding my breath for anything they tell us at this point. I was at least able to get $10 off my pre-order.
Hmm...

How'd you get 10 off the preorder? I thought that any credit that's given would be used towards another purchase and not the current one.

atomsk

Party Pooper
just got another pending charge from that 8/22 Walmart.com order

getting a little tired of them tying up $170 in pending charges for a thing they may or may not ever ship.

getting a little tired of them tying up $170 in pending charges for a thing they may or may not ever ship.

I did as well.

Someone should tell them that if one is using a bank debit card and not a credit card, most banks will buffer those charges rather than reject them...though you may get hit with overdraft fees if it causes your account to go negative (which happened to me last week...bank noticed it was walmart double charging and removed the OD fee.)

muteki

Every time Walmart adds a pending charge to me, they copy my payment info and billing address on my order status page to a new line. So my order status page currently has 4 rows of

"visa
visa
visa
visa"

and

"address
address
address
address"

RRockman

Banned
I was going to post a picture of my just received SNES classic but I don't want to rub salt in your guys's wounds. Amazon US has dissapointed me big time in the handling of this item. I am very likely to take my high profile purchases elsewhere from here on out.

It should never be this hard for people in the US to get their order from their US supplier. Especially if their branch from across the pond can deliver it on time internationally!

I would just hold onto those emails(assuming you get email alerts) til you get the item, it's basically what I did for mine.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I would just hold onto those emails(assuming you get email alerts) til you get the item, it's basically what I did for mine.

not worried about the pending charges going away (they always do)

the problem is I'm gonna need that space for the Xbox One X pretty soon.

Tabasco

Hmm...

How'd you get 10 off the preorder? I thought that any credit that's given would be used towards another purchase and not the current one.
It wasn't easy and I had to bribe the person to give it to me.

Basically I just kept saying I wasn't happy and that Amazon was an unprofessional business. They eventually asked me what they could do to make it better and once I said I wanted at least $10 off, they offered it.

YMMV of course, but good luck.

Top Bottom