• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Atelier Totori + just launched with no marketing or even a release date

Avallon

So you want your games to only sell 5 copies?

That wouldn't be true if every game did it. It won't happen, but I'm just saying that I hate the waiting game.

Btw, this game isn't going to do terribly. People who want to buy the game will know how to buy it. I don't think the Atelier series gets many impulse buys off the shelf anyway.

Eusis

Eh, I'd imagine the in a few years I doubt retailer ire will be much of an issue, and indeed TK Europe strikes me as small enough that GameStop couldn't care less what they did.
I was thinking less TK and more the Vita on a whole. I'd think unless you were releasing a high profile game they wouldn't really care too much.

Yawnier

Banned
The level of communication from Tecmo-Koei America to it's fans is just so astonishingly bad I can't even laugh about it anymore.

They got rid of the official Koei forum some time last year with zero explanation as to why (even the former mods don't know) and on top of that there is no absolutely no community manager, while Inspchin in Europe has to pick up the extra slack sometimes because of this.

matmanx1

So this, like, just literally dropped out of nowhere? And is available for sale on the US PSN right now? Crazy, crazy stuff. I won't complain though although I will ask what Tecmo Koei is up to because this is generally not how you release a game!

Roubjon

Wait what? Holy shit that's awesome. I was always going to pick this game up if it ever released on a handheld. Consider it bought.

Animekatt

I was really surprised this just released today, with no marketing, no nothing. I really wanted to have the case with it so it could sit on my shelf.

Kafel

Banned
I'm sure this thread and the surprise release will make more noise than a marketing "campaign" for that type of game.

Eusis

I'm sure this thread and the surprise release will make more noise than a marketing "campaign" for that type of game.
Well, NISA seemingly knew how to sell to people enough to keep getting sales, so i could see a huge plummet. But maybe everyone who'd care kept an ear out and knew anyway?

Eusis

Now that I think about it...

This is how Half-Life 3 will release
No, that'd be like lightning: you'd see the game just come out, then shortly afterwards MARKETING BLITZ TIME. This is just a light flashing in the dark a few times before going out.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I already platinum'd Totori on PS3 though...

EDIT: Derp. I platinum'd Rorona. Haven't finished Totori yet. Hmm.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Nothing wrong with doing it again. Totori is pure <3

My favorite out of the three Arland mains.

When you say no marketing, do you mean we didn't even know it was getting localized? If so, that's amazing.

By no marketing, we mean TK said nothing about even considering a release. The only previous suggestion to it getting a Western release was the Australian games board slapping an R18 on it.

By no marketing, we mean TK said nothing about even considering a release. The only previous suggestion to it getting a Western release was the Australian games board slapping an R18 on it.

Well there is also that Gamestop listing for the DD version that came out today.

Top Bottom