• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So finally the #MeToo hypocrisy is in full swing

Papa

Banned
I say we just let women have the entire workplace and become men of leisure while they bring home the bacon and raise the kids.

LordPezix

What a crock of steamy poo poo.

Calling men childish for protecting their livelihoods and careers.

Sounds like a lot of these guys still work with women but are just avoiding any chance of being in a position where their intentions could be called to judgement.

I mean this is how we get rid of sexual harassment and misconduct. Probably not what they had hoped for but I mean it most likely is working.

Men are extra careful these days trying to respect women, especially in the work place, wasn't that the goal?

Gander

Banned
Well we as men want to point out the hypocrisy so that we as men and women can come to some kind of agreement on touching cause really that is what is mostly about.

For the most part women enjoy touching and embracing it's part of their nature but they don't enjoy it from ugly guys. This is a kind of unfair narrative but a truthful one.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Well we as men want to point the hypocrisy so that we as men and women can come to some kind of agreement on touching cause really that is what is mostly about.

For the most part women enjoy touching and embracing it's part of their nature but they don't enjoy it from ugly guys. This is a kind of unfair narrative but a truthful one.

Be real dude, it's not just about touching.

Papa

Banned
I think everything else is pretty clear though. Rape is wrong, Pay for play is wrong, and threatening is wrong.

Playful touching that is a gray area.

How about “unwanted staring”, which the Australian Human Righta Commission now includes in the definition of sexual harassment?

SKM1

I like how the top comments in the site disagree with the article. Some people like to make it seem like it's not really an issue but here we are.

Gander

Banned
How about “unwanted staring”, which the Australian Human Righta Commission now includes in the definition of sexual harassment?

Funny you should ask me that question because I've actually had women stare at me at work. I'd say if it doesn't progress beyond that it's harmless but if the person who is staring wants find out where you live, tries to touch you or ask about your girlfriends then they have crossed a line.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Playful touching that is a gray area.

Depends on their age.

tumblr_my8tn58P091rvn2ylo1_400.gif

Xisiqomelir

hqdefault.jpg

This bro smirks like he knows he's going to end up on a "male feminist" list alongside Bobby Robby, Aziz Ansari and Co.

Kagey K

Banned
Why do women think they are entitled to male mentorship?

Shouldn’t they want female mentor ship since all the men are groping racist pigs with nothing to teach?

There really is just no winning for anyone anymore.

The things I want are the things I got taken away, I got things taken away because I wanted them.

The circle continues.

It’s getting to the point we are going backwards now. The cavemen would have killed us all while we argued about who was best to fight them off.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I say we just let women have the entire workplace and become men of leisure while they bring home the bacon and raise the kids.
You know what? I'd do that in a heartbeat. Having the opportunity to teach my child everything and form it sounds exhilarating to me. But do you really think most women would even want or allow what? They going to work 40+ hours and you staying at home all the time? LOL

Papa

Banned
You know what? I'd do that in a heartbeat. Having the opportunity to teach my child everything and form it sounds exhilarating to me. But do you really think most women would even want or allow what? They going to work 40+ hours and you staying at home all the time? LOL

If they want to fill the traditional male role, let them. They will find out pretty quickly that it's not all sunshine, roses, hookers, and blow.

Also important to note that the "workplace" transitions into a battlefield in wartime. Wonder how many feminists will be crying for their perverted form of equality then.

Last edited:

Tapioca

Banned

In the USA most women work. It is not 1950 anymore, the cost of living is too high. Housewives barely exist.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
If they want to fill the traditional male role, let them. They will find out pretty quickly that it's not all sunshine, roses, hookers, and blow.

Also important to note that the "workplace" transitions into a battlefield in wartime. Wonder how many feminists will be crying for their perverted form of equality then.
The more important thing is that the child would (naturally) have a much bigger attachment to you as a father if you'd stayed at home all the time while your wife is working. And I really, really doubt that most women would be ok with that. It's hypocrisy deluxe.

Tapioca

Banned
Australian Institute of Family Studies report finds men who look after children at home also barely do more housework than mothers doing 35 hours’ paid work.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...hers-childcare-working-mothers-research-finds

I 100% believe this because I've seen it in real life a million times (even if both parents work the dad doesn't do shit at home). The woman will work a full time job or near it and then is expected to do all the cleaning, childcare, doctors appointments, cooking, etc. Men are often useless in this aspect or do extreme half-ass jobs.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
In the USA most women work. It is not 1950 anymore, the cost of living is too high. Housewives barely exist.

Reality: percent of stay-at-home mothers has been increasing since 1999 in the US. 29% stay-at-home moms as of 2012. Percentage was approximately 49% in 1969.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/09/us/number-of-stay-at-home-mothers-in-us-rises.html

NYT said:
BOSTON — Likely driven in part by economic factors and changing demographics, the number of stay-at-home mothers in the United States has risen since 2000 after decades of decline, a report released Tuesday by the Pew Research Center shows.

The researchers found that 29 percent of mothers with children younger than 18 — about 10.4 million women — stayed at home in 2012, compared with the historic low of 23 percent in 1999.

“It has implications for the day-to-day lives of children, and represents a big divergence of the pattern that we’ve seen in the past,” said D’vera Cohn, a senior writer at Pew who wrote the report with Gretchen Livingston and Wendy Wang.

About 49 percent of mothers stayed at home in 1967, but that number decreased until 1999.

“It’s the flip side of what’s been going on in the work force,” Ms. Cohn said. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, women’s participation in the labor force peaked at 60 percent in 1999. By 2012, it had fallen to just under 58 percent.

RedVIper

Banned
Australian Institute of Family Studies report finds men who look after children at home also barely do more housework than mothers doing 35 hours’ paid work.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...hers-childcare-working-mothers-research-finds

I 100% believe this because I've seen it in real life a million times (even if both parents work the dad doesn't do shit at home). The woman will work a full time job or near it and then is expected to do all the cleaning, childcare, doctors appointments, cooking, etc. Men are often useless in this aspect or do extreme half-ass jobs.

Women are near useless painting walls and fixing shit around the house. See I can make sexist comments too.

Papa

Banned

llien

What I was looking for but couldn't find was direct comparison of time spent by stay at home men vs time spent by stay at home women.

The covered comparison is apples to oranges.
Couldn't find direct comparison, but here is this:

What do stay-at-home moms do all day? The answers might surprise you
As Vanderkam wrote in the resulting article, the responses were as varied as the women themselves. “Our respondents' lives were incredibly diverse,” she wrote. “One mom spent the day substitute-teaching. Another milked goats and spent five hours building a tool shed. A third played tennis for three hours.
“I knew that people had a lot of misconceptions about how stay-at-home moms spend their time,” Vanderkam told TODAY Parents. “People believe moms are sitting around doing nothing, or that 100 percent of their time is consumed by childcare. Neither is the case — which the Redbook study showed.”
redbook-graphic-002-inline-today-160607_5869c046a4c8d2104106e68771a92f0f.fit-560w.jpg

redbook-graphic-004-inline-today-160607_5869c046a4c8d2104106e68771a92f0f.fit-560w.jpg

today.com

Kenpachii

If you cant be reasonable then only option is to avoid. Simple as that.

They played themselves.

Last edited:

royox

Happening in my workplace too.

Love how this Mob Culture is backfiring. Didn't they want to be safer at the workplace? Well, here you have it!! Oh! It's not the way you wanted? Sorry, next time don't call 50% of the world population rapists just for being born males. What the f*ck did they expect? In a world where you can be socially marked as a rapist just because a crazy woman wrote it in twitter it's only normal that people wants to defend themselves.

Work is not a right, it’s a responsibility.

In my country (Spain) is a constitutional right.
In my country, also, they don't give a fuck about the constitution EXCEPT if you are Catalonia, then the Constitution is sacred /offtopic

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Happening in my workplace too.

Love how this Mob Culture is backfiring. Didn't they want to be safer at the workplace? Well, here you have it!! Oh! It's not the way you wanted? Sorry, next time don't call 50% of the world population rapists just for being born males. What the f*ck did they expect? In a world where you can be socially marked as a rapist just because a crazy woman wrote it in twitter it's only normal that people wants to defend themselves.

In my country (Spain) is a constitutional right.
In my country, also, they don't give a fuck about the constitution EXCEPT if you are Catalonia, then the Constitution is sacred /offtopic

That’s not what I meant. I meant that feminists portray work as something desirable and fun to do, when in reality it is a burden; a responsibility; something you have to do whether you want to or not. Perhaps privilege would have been a better word than right but right is the other side of the coin to responsibility.

Tapioca

Banned
Reality: percent of stay-at-home mothers has been increasing since 1999 in the US. 29% stay-at-home moms as of 2012. Percentage was approximately 49% in 1969.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/09/us/number-of-stay-at-home-mothers-in-us-rises.html

Reality: You just proved me right. Stay at home mothers are a minority of mothers. The fact is the MAJORITY of all American mothers are active in the labor force. The employment rate of mothers and women have skyrocketed from previous decades as you can read below.

Women, especially mothers with children under age 18, are much more likely to participate in the labor force than in the past. In 2015, women’s overall labor force participation rate (56.7 percent) was about ten percentage points higher than 40 years ago. For mothers, the increase was much steeper. In March 2015, 69.9 percent of mothers with children under age 18 were in the labor force, up from 47.4 percent in 1975. The increase in the labor force participation has been even more pronounced for mothers with young children. Between 1975 and 2015, the labor force participation rate of mothers with children under age 3 increased by 27.1 percentage points.

https://www.dol.gov/wb/resources/WB_WorkingMothers_508_FinalJune13.pdf

The whole point was the MAJORITY of women in the US work. The posters above are sitting here acting like it is the norm for women stay at home and watch TV all day while their man goes out and works for 12 hours.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Reality: You just proved me right. Stay at home mothers are a minority of mothers. The fact is the MAJORITY of all American mothers are active in the labor force. The employment rate of mothers and women have skyrocketed from previous decades as you can read below.

The whole point was the MAJORITY of women in the US work. The posters above are sitting here acting like it is the norm for women stay at home and watch TV all day while their man goes out and works for 12 hours.

That wasn't your point. I posted statistics, you changed your goalposts to suit yourself.

Most men can't even change a tire anymore. The whole handyman trope is only relevant to men 45+.

Is that supposed to be difficult? What exactly can you do, I wonder?

JimmyJones

Banned

Uhhhhhh... Did I just step into the Twilight Zone or something? I've literally never heard of a stay at home father. It's all stay at home mothers who spout the usual crap like "Ohhh staying at home and looking after the kids is a full time job!" Full time job my arse.

Also from that article you posted...

"The research found that stay-at-home father arrangements made up 4%"

A negligible amount, but of course they still find a way to shit on men.

Last edited:

Tapioca

Banned
What I was looking for but couldn't find was direct comparison of time spent by stay at home men vs time spent by stay at home women.

The covered comparison is apples to oranges.
Couldn't find direct comparison, but here is this:

As Vanderkam wrote in the resulting article, the responses were as varied as the women themselves. “Our respondents' lives were incredibly diverse,” she wrote. “One mom spent the day substitute-teaching. Another milked goats and spent five hours building a tool shed. A third played tennis for three hours.
“I knew that people had a lot of misconceptions about how stay-at-home moms spend their time,” Vanderkam told TODAY Parents. “People believe moms are sitting around doing nothing, or that 100 percent of their time is consumed by childcare. Neither is the case — which the Redbook study showed.”

That study isn't very viable for a broad base. It is based on Redbook subscribers which are a majority 35+ demographic. Their kids are more likely to be school aged by then. Once your child hits school age of course the majority of the time is not going to be doing childcare.

http://www.redbookmediakit.com/hotd...8329533/3194598/2-The Reader_KEY AUDIENCE.pdf

“As for My people, children are their oppressors, And women rule over them. O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err, And destroy the way of your paths.””
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

😞

Tapioca

Banned
That wasn't your point. I posted statistics, you changed your goalposts to suit yourself.

The statistics YOU linked literally confirmed my statements in my previous post. Which was:

"In the USA most women work. It is not 1950 anymore, the cost of living is too high. Housewives barely exist."

You then proceeded to link a study that said housewives only make up 29% of US mothers with a slight increase from 1999. This means that 71% of all mothers work.

IDK I have roadside assistance.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
“As for My people, children are their oppressors, And women rule over them. O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err, And destroy the way of your paths.””
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

😞

Can you translate to Ye New English for me please? Ye Olde English isn’t doing it for me.

Tapioca

Banned
Uhhhhhh... Did I just step into the Twilight Zone or something? I've literally never heard of a stay at home father. It's all stay at home mothers who spout the usual crap like "Ohhh staying at home and looking after the kids is a full time job!" Full time job my arse.

Also from that article you posted...

"The research found that stay-at-home father arrangements made up 4%"

A negligible amount, but of course they still find a way to shit on men.

IDK there is a self proclaimed stay at home dad that posts on gaf.

I don't worry about the PC culture stuff. That's internet nonsense.

I'm a stay at home dad now and my wife is a corporate executive.

Their our many that would feel her working and me not is wrong. She would also tell them my job is harder than hers, and I would say hers is harder. But we are a team not a #. No one oppressed in this house by anyone in this house.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/stre...streaming-live.1469299/page-10#post-253636929

Last edited:

Papa

Banned

Who said that and which posts are you referring to? My first two posts in the thread that were obvious jokes? Be specific.

Shouldn’t a self-described communist be advocating against work for everyone?

Papa

Banned
The statistics YOU linked literally confirmed my statements in my previous post. Which was:

"In the USA most women work. It is not 1950 anymore, the cost of living is too high. Housewives barely exist."

You then proceeded to link a study that said housewives only make up 29% of US mothers with a slight increase from 1999. This means that 71% of all mothers work.

IDK I have roadside assistance.

> Posting to NeoGAF on her iPhone X: “UGH men can’t even change a tyre anymore”.

> Car breaks down, calls roadside assistance.

> Man shows up to change her tyre.

My Wife desperately wants to stay at home with the kids and raise them. She is very traditional and would rather stay home and care for the kids and house. She had a couple years of it around 2010 and she loved it but like others have said, costs can get high. Unless we lived to the wire all the time it wasn’t doable long term. We were both raised in poor households with 4+ kids so we didn’t want the same for our kids.

llien

My wife works part time (although quite a bit, 80%-ish, but her office is nearly next to our home so she doesn't waste time commuting), I work full time.
I'd be happy to reverse it, but that's only a theoretical option.

At times, when she has a business trip and I take a day or two off to stay at home with kids (I have more Vacation days than she has so it works fine) those are quiet enjoyable days, with a bit of chores at home, several hours of me for myself and visiting parks (with hardly any male parent in sight).

Things where very different when kids were small, under 6 month baby, routinely waking up in the middle of the night and at times, displeased with "go guess what" is particularly tough.

The whole point was the MAJORITY of women in the US work.
And that has been the case since 1969 according to your own post.
And as EviLore pointed out the trend peaked at the end of 90th, and after that we see number of stay at home moms steadily increasing.

So, what was your point again?

DonyDevitt

Neo Member
Sometimes i dont understand what the heck poeple think in this forum. We're in 2018, almost 2019 and we steel have a lot of misogynous dudes posting this kind of topic.

Of course we are having a lot of shit cases about this, our culture its just a bucked of shit. We born learning wrong. How to talk wrong, how to behave wrong and how to DONT respect woman.

You guys have to understand, even when we take care to not be misogeny, we still being in a lot of situation. Even woman are misogeny putting man in different places than her own gender. We are just the same and we should treat ourselfs this way, with the RESPECT always in first place.

Of course a lot of guys avoid womans, they dont even know to talk with a girl without this "NEW PROBLEMS", imagine all the unsafety after this.

The idea of "man" have to change from its core. We are all the same shit and we have to respect everyone the same way.

Enough of kids climbing on a woman's self-esteem.

Top Bottom