• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer mistreats his wife and his son while streaming live.

nkarafo

Ok so, in this situation, what should she do then?

What would you do if you were in her shoes?

Would you antagonize and provoke him? Would you take the kids and leave? Divorce? What would be the best thing she could do seeing her man playing video games and not complying to her request?

Racer!

I'm not married, but if if my wife ever threw cardboard at me, and screamed at me to stop playing a video game, and knocked over my webcam, I don't think she'd carry equal responsibility if I physically assaulted her for doing so, which I would never do in the first place.

If someone slaps you and in return you grab a knife and stab them, you don't both carry equal responsibility for the stabbing. It might be their fault for getting slapped back, but any escalated level force is on the person who used more force. I think that seems obvious. What you're suggesting instead doesn't seem to be a sound argument.

So that would be the woman also then, who escalated this from verbal to physical in the first place? Nice to know that you think thats pretty obvious. Then were on the same page.

Last edited:

SonGoku

I’ve had an ex gf hit and scratch me with no provocation. She deserved some retaliation, but as the great Bill Burr says...

...you just don’t do it.

No hitting of course, but if some crazy hysteric woman starts throwing punches or tries to scratch me i will damn sure push her off me with enough force to put space between us
That's self defense from physical assault

Hitting back its a douche move which only serves as selfish satisfaction but pushing someone away is acceptable, its dumb to suggest one should just take physical abuse

Zog

Banned

Would you antagonize and provoke him? Would you take the kids and leave? Divorce? What would be the best thing she could do seeing her man playing video games and not complying to her request?
She got it on video.

I'm not married, but if if my wife ever threw cardboard at me, and screamed at me to stop playing a video game, and knocked over my webcam, I don't think she'd carry equal responsibility if I physically assaulted her for doing so, which I would never do in the first place.

If someone slaps you and in return you grab a knife and stab them, you don't both carry equal responsibility for the stabbing. It might be their fault for getting slapped back, but any escalated level force is on the person who used more force. I think that seems obvious. What you're suggesting instead doesn't seem to be a sound argument.
So that would be the woman also then, who escalated this from verbal to physical in the first place? Nice to know that you think thats pretty obvious. Then were on the same page.
Throwing light things at someone is not comparable to slapping/hitting them. If he threw a piece of cardboard back at her I really wouldn't care.

Said it for me earlier in the thread.

Bagofdicks

Neo Member
He needs to be in jail And get an ass beating and she should have her kid taken away for being stupid enough to keep her around shit like this

TLZ

Banned
Last edited:

Racer!

Said it for me earlier in the thread.

If you listen closely in the first video it seems shes throwing something else, or hitting him before he slaps her. We dont know whats going on behind the camera. Cardboard is the only thing we see.

Well, Im signing out.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Whatever it is, all I care about is the poor kids. I honestly thought the dude was 16. Apparently he's 26. At that age he should know better.

I hope both mature up, learn their lesson and go back to their senses and think of the kids. Don't have a broken family over a damn video game dammit. It's supposed to be entertainment, nothing else.

Last edited:
Love the open sexism. Keep it coming.
I don't worry about the PC culture stuff. That's internet nonsense.

I'm a stay at home dad now and my wife is a corporate executive.

Their are many that would feel her working and me not is wrong. She would also tell them my job is harder than hers, and I would say hers is harder. But we are a team not a #. No one oppressed in this house by anyone in this house.

Last edited:

Tapioca

Banned
I don't worry about the PC culture stuff. That's internet nonsense.

I'm a stay at home dad now and my wife is a corporate executive.

Their our many that would feel her working and me not is wrong. She would also tell them my job is harder than hers, and I would say hers is harder. But we are a team not a #. No one oppressed in this house by anyone in this house.

If you ever hit your wife that'd just be flat out stupid in those circumstances. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Tapioca

Banned
You didn't answer my question.

If we assume that his actions will result in more of the same (but worse) in future then we can also assume the same of her actions. Maybe next time she will throw a glass, a lamp, a chair and eventually a knife.

You see, you can't just assume the worst from the male and the best from the female.

This is dumb dumb logic. I'm sorry, but not even going to entertain it.

It has nothing to do with male vs female. As I said, if he threw a piece of cardboard at her I would not care.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
So there's no justification here for either side. The guy is clearly a monster and the woman clearly has no problem inciting a man she knows is already a monster.

Having been married nearly a decade I can admit to moments somewhat similar to this where person A says go away/leave me alone and person B decides to poke said angry person like their full intent is to push that person to the brink of insanity. A lot of the kind of bickering going on here exists in virtually any marriage at some point minus the physical violence.

I'm not defending this at all, I've just heard this conversation so many times and it's a matter of being a big enough person not to let the rage get to that place.

It's very clear this isn't an isolated incident by how the woman reacted and even if the best advice is to tell her to GET THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW, that more often than not never happens.

Bill Burr clip said it perfectly. Do I think about hitting my wife? EVERY FUCKING DAY, but you DONT do it!

thief183

He is clearly an idiot, but my girlfriend would'nt in any circustances act like that,

He needs to be punished, and the girl needs to learn to not piss off ppl that already are monsters.

thief183

She should have choosen a better person before, nowshe needs to divorce. Asap.

The only problem are the kids, they really don't deserve this.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
No hitting of course, but if some crazy hysteric woman starts throwing punches or tries to scratch me i will damn sure push her off me with enough force to put space between us
That's self defense from physical assault

Hitting back its a douche move which only serves as selfish satisfaction but pushing someone away is acceptable, its dumb to suggest one should just take physical abuse
I said “hit”. A hit is different to protecting yourself by keeping them away from you. I never said a man should never protect himself.

@ this thread. I’m really disappointed at how many in here are going straight for the “incel” insult towards anyone they don’t agree with. One poster in particular keeps hammering it (I won’t name you).

I’m not above calling people names sometimes, but basically calling someone a loser virgin because you don’t agree with their stance is low effort and lacking in intellect at best.

Try to argue your point of view coherently instead of going straight for the insult to try to undermine someone’s opinion. It says more about you than them.

TLZ

Banned
She should have choosen a better person before, nowshe needs to divorce. Asap.

The only problem are the kids, they really don't deserve this.
Divorce isn't always the answer, mate. I hate seeing broken families. I always prefer they have a sit down first to seriously think and talk about everything. People make the mistake of taking things for granted. They should instead feel and be thankful and grateful for many things.

Think first. Don't shoot first ask questions last. You don't want to regret a lot of stupid actions later when all's gone.

Last edited:

Arkage

Banned
The fact there are some very vocal users in here defending a wife-beating piece of shit streamer is mind numbing. It makes this thread stink like a goddamn MRA conference.

Who knew you can't beat your pregnant wife if they throw a piece of cardboard at you. Jesus fucking christ.

Last edited:

thief183

Divorce isn't always the answer, mate. I hate seeing broken families. I always prefer they have a sit down first to seriously think and talk about everything. People make the mistake of taking things for granted. They should instead feel and be thankful and grateful for many things. Think first. Don't shoot first ask questions last.

You are right and I really can't understand what is to go on living married.
I decided to stay "not married" and I don't want kids, so I'm not the right person to give an opinion on the matter, but I can say that The choice I made that led me to my situation comes from the fear for this type of situation.

What I mean is that she should have kicked him in the nuts before having a kid with him.

I'd also like to have some background of the story cause (expecially in the second video) it kinda looks like she was trying to instigate him, that could actually be a great idea to have him exposed... (and cause I'm a bit malicius, get some money from it.)

SonGoku

I said “hit”. A hit is different to protecting yourself by keeping them away from you. I never said a man should never protect himself.

@ this thread. I’m really disappointed at how many in here are going straight for the “incel” insult towards anyone they don’t agree with. One poster in particular keeps hammering it (I won’t name you).

I’m not above calling people names sometimes, but basically calling someone a loser virgin because you don’t agree with their stance is low effort and lacking in intellect at best.

Try to argue your point of view coherently instead of going straight for the insult to try to undermine someone’s opinion. It says more about you than them.
Yeah, i just wanted to add to it since a lot of people are up in arms about the its never ok to hit women thing, and your post was ambiguous about whether you reacted at all or acted as a human punching bag

Last edited:
I can only imagine the possible fathers, husbands, sons, uncles, and brothers showing these videos and explaining their stances in this thread to the women and girls in their lives and the disappointment that would ensue on their faces. Maybe in that moment you'll realize your failure to them.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
In both videos she clearly started it.

OK, so she was being a prat BUT he did slap her, so unfortunately he lost any credible defence. I would have been on his side if he hadn't. We can't assume she ever hits him so that line of logic has no place here. He's guilty as charged.

Last edited:

Blue Apple

My prediction...

There's going to be a gofundme set up for the woman and kids. They're going to get thousands in donations. Then, we're going to find out this was all a hoax and the off-screen fighting was all an act.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
My prediction...

There's going to be a gofundme set up for the woman and kids. They're going to get thousands in donations. Then, we're going to find out this was all a hoax and the off-screen fighting was all an act.

He was arrested evidently. He deserved it regardless of how she behaved.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Caught up in all this who to blame, what about the kids. If he is hitting his wife, and she is going into hysterics throwing boxes and knocking over his webcam, what do BOTH of them do when the kids act up. Young children break shit, throw tantrums, don't listen to you etc....

God I hope neither of them treat their kids like they were treating each other. If the kids is crying does she throw a box at him and scream hysterically? Does he ignore them and then start smacking them around when they don't stop crying?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
In a statement, NSW Police said the streamer, a 26-year-old Sydney man, has been charged with assault.
“While the woman was not seriously injured she was distressed and shaken by the incident.
An apprehended violence order has been served,” police said.
Officers from Camden Police, in western Sydney, were contacted by someone who witnessed the livestream about 8.30pm yesterday.
Police attended the Franklin Grove, Oran Park, home about 11.30pm last night and arrested the man.
He was taken to Narellan Police Station where he has been charged with common assault. He was granted conditional bail and will appear in Camden Local Court this Thursday.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...e/news-story/5748f2624e19f75da26c418c7c76a697

Last edited:

LanceX

Neo Member
Some of the comments here make me remember why I lurk rarely.

Their is ZERO reason for his actions.

She threw cardboard. I dont care if she threw a book at him or knocker his monitor off.

You do NOT attack your wife.

You do NOT attack your wife in front of your kids.

You do NOT verbally abuse her in front of your kids.

You do NOT call your kids CUNTS because you are abusing their mother and they are scared.

You are a piece of shit to even suggest its her fault.

Heaven forbid this piece of shit eats dinner and spends time with hiw family.

Fuck any of you if you think its her fault. Period.

Only thing she should have done was take th3 kids and divorce his ass before it could have got this far.

Ptownrich

here is part 2

honestly that woman is a cunt. sorry for saying this i dont care if i get banned she is a fucking cunt. u should never hit a woman i agree but being a cunt is never ok either. he asked her nicely 200 times to fuck off and leave him alone and she would not comply.

and that gives her a license to be a complete cunt? we live in the era of strong independent women. why can't she solve her own problems???

Id love to see anyone I know to try "nicely" asking their pregnant partner / mother of your child to "fuck off cunt" 200 times when she wants you for something and see what happens! Not to mention the fact the thing he was busy with was playing a computer game.

So she is a cunt for not complying with his request to leave him alone.?! Again, if you're married with kids you basically lose the right to do what you want (game) when you want (24/7). It's called an adult relationship where you compromise and support each other. If you don't think that's fair you'll struggle to hold down a positive relationship yourself.

Marriage is compromise. Kid's are self sacrifice. If I choose to ignore my wife's request 200 time's so I could finish my game she'd probably leave me and it'd be fair enough. This is without any physical violence involved. Just basic adult domestic relationship's and making sure they work for both partners.

You talk about strong independent women solving their own problems and you are right other than the fact this couple aren't just sharing a house. They got married and had kid's together. The guy has adult responsibilities which still seem incomprehensible to many people in this thread.

I can only assume said people have not had to experience the heaven/hell of a mature adult relationship. Heaven = life partner who has your back and kids who love you unconditionally. Hell = endless compromise, no free time, scarificng hobies etc. Unfortunately you can't have both otherwise girl's (or boy's) will kick you to the curb.

Petrae

Boy, this sure comes off like a commerical for gaming addiction.

Dude seemingly loses his ability to understand that pregnant women can be emotional and needy. It’s a hormonal thing. Maybe he’s too clueless to understand this, or maybe he’s so into Fortnite and the new content that he honestly doesn’t give a shit about anyone or anything else. He acts like a spoiled teenager who lets the relationship with his video game override reality.

In a domestic relationship that involves children, there are extra responsibilities to be carried out— and this gets harder when pregnancy is involved. Streamer Dude needs to understand that his pregnant partner needs more from him and demonstrate some flexibility. Instead, he acts like a child from those cringeworthy “Gamer Rage” YouTube videos.

I’m sorry, but it’s a stretch to defend Streamer Dude here. While neither party behaves well, she has an explanation for behaving as she does. Streamer Dude is caught up in his video gaming and can’t grasp reality— or refuses to. He loses his temper far too easily and makes the cardinal sin of assaulting his pregnant significant other. Now he’s lost his streaming job (as Twitch killed his account) and getting another job with an assault record hanging in the background is going to be extremely challenging. Worse yet, not that Streamer Dude seems to care, but he’s quite possibly going to lose his family.

It’s a bad look for him. A bad look for streamers. And a bad look for video games, which will now undoubtedly be linked to this episode of violence. Everyone is a loser here.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
These videos were revolting.. This guy needed a psychiatrist before it got to this. I feel sorry for the child, most of all..

bigedole

Caught up in all this who to blame, what about the kids. If he is hitting his wife, and she is going into hysterics throwing boxes and knocking over his webcam, what do BOTH of them do when the kids act up. Young children break shit, throw tantrums, don't listen to you etc....

God I hope neither of them treat their kids like they were treating each other. If the kids is crying does she throw a box at him and scream hysterically? Does he ignore them and then start smacking them around when they don't stop crying?

This is really the main take away here. They both look to be terribly ill-suited to parenthood. The guy is a total scumbag, though, and comparing "being annoying" and throwing cardboard to multiple hits to her face is really, really disgusting to me. Ignore that she's pregnant, ignore that his 3 year old is crying and begging him to stop, pretend they and their 20 month old don't exist. You don't react that way to someone you love and cherish. He deserves to be arrested for the physical violence and they really should divorce now before things get any worse, it's clear they don't have the maturity, respect or love to be in this relationship.

Obviously they are both pretty immature, her whipping cardboard and whatever else at him and him getting up and slapping her around as a kid screams in the background, you can't hit a woman, not cool. I've been hit by an ex but I never hit her back, I sat down and told her it was over. Either way I'm gonna go out on a limb and say their marriage won't make it and I'm thinking Fortnite should use this in their next commercial, so much fun you'll beat your wife and forget about your screaming child! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
This is really the main take away here. They both look to be terribly ill-suited to parenthood. The guy is a total scumbag, though, and comparing "being annoying" and throwing cardboard to multiple hits to her face is really, really disgusting to me. Ignore that she's pregnant, ignore that his 3 year old is crying and begging him to stop, pretend they and their 20 month old don't exist. You don't react that way to someone you love and cherish. He deserves to be arrested for the physical violence and they really should divorce now before things get any worse, it's clear they don't have the maturity, respect or love to be in this relationship.

I agree. And TBH I have been in a worse more toxic relationship then him and I never hit my ex. She slapped me, threw her phone at me, tore my GPS off my dash etc... So no matter how annoying or bad a girl gets I don't ever think hitting them is the solution. Be the bigger person.

And to me it goes doubly when you have kids. Not only are you a total scumbag, hurting your SO, but you are basically setting the example to your kids that beating women is proper. It just begets a cycle that no one should go through.

If they were so casual about it, not even caring that its being broadcast around the world, we can only imagine and assume what has happened when the camera wasn't on. And TBH I don't want to think about it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yeah, i just wanted to add to it since a lot of people are up in arms about the its never ok to hit women thing, and your post was ambiguous about whether you reacted at all or acted as a human punching bag
No, I’m not a wuss. As she was punching and clawing at me and wouldn’t stop despite me asking her to, I grabbed her wrists and held them to stop her swinging at me and I asked her to “stop hitting me” over an over again. She got even angrier because she didn’t have the strength to keep swinging (although she kept trying).

I told her, “you deserve to be hit back, because you have no right to hit and scratch me, but I WON’T and NEVER WILL, because I’m not stupid.” Then I let go and walked away.

INC

His an aussie, wife beating and calling anything a cunt, is their culture, you can't belittle his culture, that's a hate crime

Top Bottom