• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So .. I’m playing Silent Hill 2

Keihart

Not to be rude but, what answers are you expecting OP? the game has a fucking godlike status online, it's like RE4 almost, the game can't even be subject to criticism now, even if it does deserve some.
Personally, i like it, but i prefer the first one if we are going to compare Silent Hill entries. It's a good survival horror game OP if you are in the mood.
i've only played it in PS2 several times but i hear the ports are bad, but haven't played those to confirm.

Edit: Also, have you played Siren OP? The first game it's emulated on PS3 and PS4, i don't know if you can get the second one in other form than phisical but those games are amazing. For me, those are way better than SH2 as an evolution of SH1, but this games came out way later.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Not to be rude but, what answers are you expecting OP? the game has a fucking godlike status online, it's like RE4 almost, the game can't even be subject to criticism now, even if it does deserve some.
Personally, i like it, but i prefer the first one if we are going to compare Silent Hill entries. It's a good survival horror game OP if you are in the mood.
i've only played it in PS2 several times but i hear the ports are bad, but haven't played those to confirm.

Edit: Also, have you played Siren OP? The first game it's emulated on PS3 and PS4, i don't know if you can get the second one in other form than phisical but those games are amazing. For me, those are way better than SH2 as an evolution of SH1, but this games came out way later.

Hope your happy. This thread just cost me £6.99. 😡😡😉

Try out Remothered: Tormented Fathers as well. 😁

Naibel

I just finished the game ..
My head hurts, did he just killed his wife and because of the pain he imagined her being in Silent Hill ? . Some things yet to be cleared . Maria , Laura and Angela are they related to his wife ?

this is sad but I need to understand it fully

Congrats dude for completing such a masterpiece. Now every other game's plot will feel lame in comparison, be prepared :messenger_grinning_sweat:

This game is an iceberg. There's so much that is implied but not outright told to you that you barely scratch the surface when going through your first playthrough. Talking to other people online, sharing our interpretations, and replaying the game again and again made me understand the lore and the plot a lot more. So that's perfectly fine if you don't get the whole picture at first.

Which ending did you get BTW ? I got the In Water one at first, but the Leave ending is my favorite.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Congrats dude for completing such a masterpiece. Now every other game's plot will feel lame in comparison, be prepared :messenger_grinning_sweat:

This game is an iceberg. There's so much that is implied but not outright told to you that you barely scratch the surface when going through your first playthrough. Talking to other people online, sharing our interpretations, and replaying the game again and again made me understand the lore and the plot a lot more. So that's perfectly fine if you don't get the whole picture at first.

Which ending did you get BTW ? I got the In Water one at first, but the Leave ending is my favorite.

Yeah you right .. I'm already revisiting the game for more clarity . but overall I can see the point from everything happened in Silent Hill and I love digging deep in lore for more understanding . The ending i got was the leave .

I think from an artistic standpoint Silent Hill 2 is literally the greatest game of all time, almost 20 years later no game has topped it.

It's a total injustice to art that so much of the talent behind the game has faded into obscurity.

I mean, it's almost too much for me to take how badly I want another Silent Hill from the people that gave us 1-3 on the same level of quality again and how unlikely that is to happen, I'll spend the rest of my life wishing for that.

My favorite ending is Rebirth because I think it has the best Twilight Zone esque feel to it, but Leave is of course heart warming.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I think from an artistic standpoint Silent Hill 2 is literally the greatest game of all time, almost 20 years later no game has topped it.

It's a total injustice to art that so much of the talent behind the game has faded into obscurity.

I mean, it's almost too much for me to take how badly I want another Silent Hill from the people that gave us 1-3 on the same level of quality again and how unlikely that is to happen, I'll spend the rest of my life wishing for that.

My favorite ending is Rebirth because I think it has the best Twilight Zone esque feel to it, but Leave is of course heart warming.

Yeah the Leave ending has me like almost teared up , also when i watched that video tape I was really shocked and sad at the same time with that OST .. man its a gorgeous game .

The first game that actually made me shed tears without realizing it; the ending was the water theme and that last line "You made me happy" sent chills over all my body after all that he's done.

The only game whose storytelling has yet to be topped by another.

Mato

That reminds me of how much money Konami is losing for being so incompetent. I believe there would be considerable interest for a tastefully done HD remaster of SH2. I wish that was available on Stream, I'd go for it in an instant.

ExpandKong

Banned
I can't help but think sometimes about how SH2 sort of did the whole "psychological evaluation" schtick that Shattered Memories did years later, but without telling you. The way it keeps track of things like whether or not you keep your health maxed out, whether or not you check on Maria while she's resting in the hospital, whether or not you check items like Angela's Knife in your inventory, etc., and determines your ending based on that stuff is kind of nuts.

Naibel

That reminds me of how much money Konami is losing for being so incompetent. I believe there would be considerable interest for a tastefully done HD remaster of SH2. I wish that was available on Stream, I'd go for it in an instant.

This is just ridiculous. The fans already did a damn good job remastering the game to modern displays with the Enhanced Edition, a lot better job than that poor excuse of a remaster called the "HD Collection". Konami just needs to port that version of the game as is to other consoles (with the blessing of the community I guess).

But noooo, Konami is too clever for that ! Better go all-in on pachinko machines and ditch their back catalogue forever ! Who cares about that old fanbase of theirs ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom