• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I finally got an Xbox 1 and I need some recommendations for games and stuff

KageMaru

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hunter: the reckoning
Rallisport 2
Project Gotham 2
Halo 2
Deathrow
Amped 2
Top Spin
Genma Onimusha
Fusion Frenzy

Mzo

Let's mention Breakdown again. There's an adjustment period but I've yet to play anything else that's similar since.

The Sands of Time trilogy sucks on the PC and the HD collection on the PS3 is garbage. The Xbox versions of the three games is still the best way to play them.

Everything by Sega on the Xbox is gold. GOLD, JERRY.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Gun Valkyrie
Metalwolf Chaos
Shin Megami Tensei Nine (lol, just kidding, this game is awful, don't play it)

ElRenoRaven

God so many to list. There are a lot of fun games that were one offs. Assuming you're not a gaming snob and refuse to play anything below a 9.0 rated game I'd recommend all these.

I'd say these are fun games to try

Halo 2
Stubbs The zombie: Rebel without a pulse (Must play this game above all else but Halo 2)
Kung Fu Chaos
Mad Dash
Bloodwake
Brute Force
Panzer Dragoon
Crazy Taxi 3
Crimson Skies
Jade Empire
Fable: The Lost Chapters (superior to Fable because it includes content that was cut from the initial release)
Whacked (Was launch live game that was amazing with Friends. I to this day long for a sequel)
Conker's Live and Reloaded
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Rallisport Challenge 1 or 2
Amped 1
Cel Damage
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow
Splinter Cel series
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Hunter the Reckoning
Destroy all Humans 1&2
Doom 3
Doom 3 :Ressurection of Evil
MechAssault 1 & 2
Midtown Madness 3 (Fun to screw around in but was godly with the online play)
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Quantum Redshift
Roadkill
Star Wars: battlefront 1 & 2
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
Totaled! (Was fun if you were in to destruction derby like games.
Moto GP

That's just off the top of my head. There were so many damn amazing Xbox games. A lot of people refused to give so many of them a chance though. I can honestly say that each game I listed gave me hours of fun. Hell in the case Whacked I convinced 8 plus of my friends to buy that game. I'd say it actually made up most of my Xbox live time on the original Xbox next to Halo and Rainbow Six.

Cel Damage.

Too bad it never got a sequel and didn't have online since it was before XBL.

Cel%20Damage%20COVER.jpg

It's so damn fun!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is better played through your Xbox 360. Could pass for a current gen launch game.

Halo 2 is also better on 360, aside from the ghost image glitch.

But yeah, Steel Battalion if you can get it.

ElRenoRaven

Cel Damage.

Too bad it never got a sequel and didn't have online since it was before XBL.

It's so damn fun!

OMG. Someone else who loved it. Oh god yes it was amazing. You know they were actually working on a sequel? Killed after the first did so poorly. That game was so fun though.

bitoriginal

I really liked Gun Valkyrie. Unique third person shooter. Watch a video to see if it's your thing, though.

I bought and tried to play this game recently. I can see that it's an awesome game but I just can't get over the control system, makes it nigh on unplayable for me. Beware if you do get this, it's got a learning curve that I couldnt be bothered to surmount.

ElRenoRaven

I bought and tried to play this game recently. I can see that it's an awesome game but I just can't get over the control system, makes it nigh on unplayable for me. Beware if you do get this, it's got a learning curve that I couldnt be bothered to surmount.

Hell most couldn't. It's a shame too because it was so fun looking but those controls were some of the worst controls known to man.

bitoriginal

Hell most couldn't. It's a shame too because it was so fun looking but those controls were some of the worst controls known to man.

Seriously. The fact that you can't change them at all is the real killer. As far as I can remember there was little to no options for any customisation.

Personally my favourite games on the original Xbox are Star Wars games. You can play them on PC and PS2 but I still got/get alot out of the Xbox versions.
Battlefront 1 and 2, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, and the Jedi Knight games are all fantastic. Such a shame we haven't had a decent Star Wars game this gen.

marrec

Banned
The Gun Valkyrie love warms the cockles of my heart, one of my favorite Xbox games and well worth the steep learning curve.

Also Otogi 1 and 2 and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

marrec

Banned
Oh also if you have some people to play with, the Hunter: the Reckoning game was fantastic.

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer games are pretty great too.

Also - Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse

Stubbsbox.jpg

this came out at the very end of the xbox's very short life span and it's a shame because of how enjoyable it was. would have loved a more fleshed out sequel on the 360. such a shame to see it die before it had a chance to live up to its potential.

ElRenoRaven

this came out at the very end of the xbox's very short life span and it's a shame because of how enjoyable it was. would have loved a more fleshed out sequel on the 360. such a shame to see it die before it had a chance to live up to its potential.

Yea considering Wideload was bought by Disney and most have moved on from there I doubt Stubbs will ever see the light of Day again sadly. Not unless Alex pulled some voodoo and kept the rights separate from the company. I doubt this very much mind you.

*Edit* Seems to weird to be showing Stubbs love without my normal Avatar. Ah that's better.

Haxxor

Mashed (Drive to Survive/Fully Loaded) - If you have 3 others to play this with, there is NO other (party)game needed, we still bring out the xbox to get some mashed sessions in between burnout paradise (party mode), virtua tennis and geometry wars.

For best resaults, choose the cars with the least amout of grip and a lot of speed and race on Polar Wharf. Oh and make sure to enable air strike.

This game, particulary with this combo in mind, is an ABSOLUTE beast!

Oh and a tip for Kung Fu Chaos is to just play the events (and not the fighting stages) and at max speed (maybe you have to unlock this, but it's well worth it).

But again, I must remind you to get mashed, I have yet to meet a person who does not instantly (or after 3-5 min) fall in love with Mashed and Polar Wharf!

Top Bottom