• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So indie RPG, Sui Generis looks pretty neat. Physics based melee combat.

Card Boy

Banned
If TotalBiscuit got involved this probably would of got another 50000 pounds at least. I understand the man can't get involved in every Kickstater, for all i know this game might not interest him.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
holy heck - this actually got kickstarted! woot!

It will be very interesting once they get a proper animator on board.

Orayn

This thing slid under a slowly descending action movie door.

holy heck - this actually got kickstarted! woot!

It will be very interesting once they get a proper animator on board.

I think one of the points of having everything physics based and procedural is to minimize the need for an animator. Sure, they could use some more natural looking canned animations, but they'd be used in conjunction with the awesome flail-y physics that the game figures out on the fly.

Zaptruder

Banned
This thing slid under a slowly descending action movie door.

I think one of the points of having everything physics based and procedural is to minimize the need for an animator. Sure, they could use some more natural looking canned animations, but they'd be used in conjunction with the awesome flail-y physics that the game figures out on the fly.

It's going to make for some great comedy for sure.

The dichotomy between the flail hitting successfully and the knight blocking successfully is huge and hilarious.

Block: nothing happens
Gets hit: Gets thrown 20 feet in a random direction.

If they don't sort that kinda thing out, it's forgiveable, and charming in its own janky way. If they do sort it out, then they'll be pulling off procedural animation that's better than what we've come to expect from games.

Jac_Solar

Man, that looks amazing. It's in an early alpha or beta stage, and while I recognize that the animations and physics are a bit wonky, it looks bizarrely realistic in a way -- especially compared to other similar games.

The physics of the combat in this game seems to have an incredible amount of potential.

The Kickstarter made it, which is great, and I hope they decide to focus a lot on the physics and combat -- but world building seems to be their main priority here, which is also cool.

this is so weird someone posted this before but a couple of people shat on it now a new pair of eyes see it and its getting love..which is good because i thought it look amazing too.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Holy shit it made it! I didn't fund it but I'm glad it made it through, it looked like it was going to fail for sure for a while.

Now we can have a preview thread on gaf where people can be all "Sui Generis? More like Sui Generic"

TheExodu5

Banned
I wish I would have funded this. Just watched the video. This is bar none the most impressive one man engine I have ever seen. This guy is seriously talented.

Zaptruder

Banned
I wish I would have funded this. Just watched the video. This is bar none the most impressive one man engine I have ever seen. This guy is seriously talented.

Nah. Overgrowth is winning that one. Thing looks bloody amazing. Better than what I've seen from hundred+ people AAA budget teams. But this is a nice runner up to it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nah. Overgrowth is winning that one. Thing looks bloody amazing. Better than what I've seen from hundred+ people AAA budget teams. But this is a nice runner up to it.

Overgrowth is amazing too yes. I love watching his little update videos, so many tiny additions that make up a fantastic whole.

Top Bottom