• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, is Lost worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bros know it's all about dat faraday
faraday.gif

bros know it's all about dat faraday

And Lapidus. But fuck Charlotte. Fuck her right in the ear. Was so glad to be rid of her.

And Miles was good only when he bounced off of other characters. I didnt give a shit about his "story" but I loved his snark off things with Sawyer.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Be prepared to be witness to some of the best character deaths in any television show.

All these character posts just go to show that Season 4 was the best season since the first. Anyone saying to stop after 3 are just nuts. 1 and 4 are the best. Unfortunately, it is all downhill after that.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
All these character posts just go to show that Season 4 was the best season since the first. Anyone saying to stop after 3 are just nuts. 1 and 4 are the best. Unfortunately, it is all downhill after that.

Most definitely. I'd rate 4 better than 1 in terms of quality. As for impact, 1 is better, but 4 is where the heart of the show lies. Plus, it's heavy on characters I came to appreciate most.

Most definitely. I'd rate 4 better than 1 in terms of quality. As for impact, 1 is better, but 4 is where the heart of the show lies. Plus, it's heavy on characters I came to appreciate most.

What helped 4 was that it had so few episodes. It was just lean and focused. Less time for bullshit. It also came after the major shake up at the end of season 3.

But season 1 is still top, just for Walkabout. Yes, yes, I know that season 4 has The Constant, but it is still second to Walkabout.

Erigu

What helped 4 was that it had so few episodes. It was just lean and focused. Less time for bullshit.
And they couldn't quite afford to completely make it up on the go. They actually had to think a bit about where they were going! *gasp*
(you can tell the unusual effort exhausted them)

And they couldn't quite afford to completely make it up on the go. They actually had to think a bit about where they were going! *gasp*
(you can tell the unusual effort exhausted them)

Considering that season 5 was just a mess overall, I agree. But 4 was incredibly focused from beginning to end, and as a result was what got me back into the show. Sadly, it is tough to go back to season 5, and I never bothered buying season 6.

njean777

I wish I could erase my memory of the show and watch it all over again, and this comes from a person who does not watch TV much at all. I loved the show, absolutely must watch.

I may be in the minority but I thought season 5 was amazing, although I love time travel so that is probably why I liked it so much, also Daniel was one of my favorite characters on the show.

Also Ben is the best character on the show imo.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Fuck the idiots. It's worth it. I still get into arguments with people who hated the finale only to find out they didn't understand it.
they weren't dead the whole time

I watched the whole thing. At some point, near the end, I knew I was watching not because I was enjoying it but because I had invested so much time in it that I wanted to see it end.

I'd say this: once you start you'll want to finish, but somewhere in the middle you may stop liking it.

Erigu

Fuck the idiots. It's worth it. I still get into arguments with people who hated the finale only to find out they didn't understand it.
they weren't dead the whole time
You can understand that and still see how stupid the show was.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just know you will not get answers and the ending may not please you. I wasn't a fan of the ending all too much myself. But the ride up to it was very enjoyable.

Madrin

Stop before season 6 and pretend it never existed. Tell yourself the show was canceled after season 5 and the writers never got a chance to wrap up all the mysteries. It will be unsatisfying but far less unsatisfying than if you watched til the end.

KorrZ

I love Richard Alpert.

Yes this show is definitely worth watching, I was a LOST hater for a long time, I gave it a second chance in 2010 after it had finished and ended up watching the whole series in less than a week. One of the best television shows ever.

Just don't expect anything to be resolved and you'll be fine. The last two seasons pretty much suck. S1, S2, half of S3, and S4 all are great

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I watched all of season 1, got bored with season 2, and then just read episode summaries on wikipedia to find out about all the stupid plot twists. Saved myself countless hours. Best way to go.

RangersFan

watched it since day 1, and wish i could watch it all again for the first time. the series is truly worth watching. though i agree it ended differently than i would have imagined, i continued to watch and love the show in it's later seasons because i became attached to the characters. no matter what your view is on the twists and whether or not the writers knew the end game, i would say you have to agree that some of the characters character arcs are beautifully written, Jack's specifically. i still miss Lost a lot, even though season 6 was a huge drop off compared to the other seasons. i still rate it as my #1 show of all-time because of how much I felt I "invested" into the show. during its 6 year run it seemed at times that i was always counting down my week until the next episode of Lost would air, and the summers were always filled on message boards discussing theories and speculation and listening to podcasts. though there have been many quality shows since, nothing has come close to fueling my desire find out "what happens next" like lost did.

Motivations and actions that make some kind of sense, for example? Some sense of closure would be nice, too.

It sure was. That doesn't mean his character arc was any good though.
I respectfully disagree regarding his motivations, actions, closure and the overall quality of his character arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom