• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...is the PS3 at the end of its life finally?

TaiKH92

Banned
I never get rid of my consoles so for me it's not dead, it will be sitting right there with my Wii, PlayStation 2, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, PlayStation 1 , Game boy advance, 3DS XL, DS and my computer.

Caffeine

its never dead it just keeps going !

Ml7zT0I.gif

most likely coming to an end.

What is Namco makes Tales of Zestiria will be cross gen too??

I really hope that Sony helped convinced ATLUS to bring P5 to PS4 for the westerners, because that makes it more likely to be a wide push by Sony to try to get everyone on board. Which means Sony's already been in talks... Right? @_@

The lack of Zestiria PS4 immediately makes me think that they're going to do an enhanced version (like ToGf) for it. It just doesn't make sense for them to not have a PS4 version considering they've already got a western release lined up. If a small dev like Atlus can handle a simultaneous release of P5, then it shouldn't be a problem for the Tales team.

Please be right. I don't even care if they upgrade the textures/models/particle effects. Just 1080p/60 with improved draw distance and anisotropic filtering.

Namco Bandai! I'm a loyal "Tales of" fan! I plan on buying Tales of Hearts R day one, but I skipped on ToX2 until it's lower than $20. Why? Because the Vita is (relatively) new, and the PS3 is just holding your games back at this point! I'm not sure I won't do the same once Zestiria comes over to the US... I'm sure there are a ton of fans like me, just make a quick, solid port and we'd be happy. I hope Namco keeps this in mind...

Oh crap, this isn't port begging is it? If so, I guess I've made my point by now... :)

Protag

Banned
Wouldn't PS3 have at least one major price cut left in it? I'd expect 3rd party support through 2016.

Also didn't Sony end manufacturing of PSOne around the time PS3 came out, and more recently, didn't they end PS2 manufacturing when PS4 came out ?

So....

Exactly, it'll stick around for those who'd like to experience the wealthful library it has

Replaced mine about a year ago at this time and it'll be under my TV for a long time to come. I have a huge back log of both purchased and PS+ games, and I still want to play some PS2 series with HD remasters that I never experienced when THOSE games were new. I'm behind...

I'm willing to bet that all the PS4 cross-gen games shown at the conference will sell more on the PS3, so no the PS3 is not at the end of its life.

Bishop89

I'm willing to bet that all the PS4 cross-gen games shown at the conference will sell more on the PS3, so no the PS3 is not at the end of its life.
Havnt crossgen games been selling better on current gen systems? Could have sworn watch dogs at least did

Some Nobody

You'll be seeing cross gen JP games for another two years or more. It is no where near dead.

You're half-right. You saw the future at TGS: PS4/Vita. Console games will basically be up-ports of Vita games until the Vita stops making money.

End of interest? Maybe.
End of Life? unlikely, there were still PS2 games coming out in 2013.

Were these...non-sports titles?

Anyway, the PS3 is alive only until PS4 gets a Youtube and a media player app. Once that happens, I'm not getting any more games on the thing so I'll probably box it up.

kingdom hearts 2, tales of zesteria

also at this point ps3 has way more games than ps4 and is also a better media machine so yeah ps3 will still be hooked up on my main TV for a while. Ps2 is still hooked up even because it's all about the quality games and ps2 and ps3 are amazing in that aspect.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You're half-right. You saw the future at TGS: PS4/Vita. Console games will basically be up-ports of Vita games until the Vita stops making money.

Were these...non-sports titles?

Anyway, the PS3 is alive only until PS4 gets a Youtube and a media player app. Once that happens, I'm not getting any more games on the thing so I'll probably box it up.

Yes. FFXI expansion. Last PS2 disc release in Japan.

Top Bottom