• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So my friend refuses to put minorities male appendices into her. Is she a racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelrain

ATTN: people asking if their preferences make you racist in this thread
Your words and actions make you "racist". Your prejudices and biases against specific races make you racist.
Your preferences themselves don't make you racist. But analyze why you have those preferences - like, what reasons do you have for them? That will let you know what's good.

I'm just gonna quote this on a new page.

Though I know people will not read it still.

Clockwork

I'm curious. What about them turns you off? Black girls, not being a monolithic group at all in any way *except* their being black, shouldn't universally not do it for you, right?

Why shouldn't it?

Depending on how picky you are it shouldn't be any different that someone saying they don't like a certain hair color or eye color.

If someone was to say they really just aren't turned on by redheads and pale skin, well that is totally their prerogative.

Why can't that apply to features inherent in certain races/ethnicities?

BUT

It does sound like the OP's friend has some racial bias.

q_q

Who cares? Why does that even matter?

I don't understand posts like this. This is a message board designed for casual discussion, not everything on here needs to have a purpose or be important. It's not like this was on the front page of the news or something.

ReiGun

I have a friend who won't fuck black dudes. She says she blew a black guy and his penis looked "Unevolved". She just does not like the way black penis looks. Not sure what that means but I found it funny in an uncomfortable way.

Unevolved, though? Yo, I can't even...

akira28

I really don't want to get into details because it will derail the shit out of this thread. Personally A LOT of it had to do with my experience with this specific girl. It was the worst hook up I've ever had in my entire life, not because the sex was bad either.

this sort of doesn't make good sense, because it's the one experience that ruined you for every other experience. It's not racism, it's just...one paints all the others. Still not good. But we don't really have to get into it.

Uh yeah it's racist because when you discount entire races, you ignore their individuality and instead judge them as a group.

Objective declarations on the (un)attractiveness of marginalized groups stems from an oblivious position of privilege and only serves to reinforce racial hierarchies and socially constructed (western) standards of beauty (which inherently favors the privileged. re: white).

And if you truely care about your own standards and attraction, you will evaluate everyone on a per-person basis.

Because what it basically boils down is that you're finding a reason to discount them based on a predefined (racial) notion of attractiveness.

Tim Wise on Neogaf? Always shedding some light bro where no one thinks about it otherwise. Thanks for that.

Riggs

Banned
Unevolved, though? Yo, I can't even...

Was the most uncomfortable thing I've heard in a while, but she said it so openly I literally was face palming.

this sort of doesn't make good sense, because it's the one experience that ruined you for every other experience. It's not racism, it's just...one paints all the others. Still not good. But we don't really have to get into it.

Ya I know I'd have to get into details, this shit went on for weeks man. She made my life hell. I'll get over it lol.

She can have a preference and not be racist but her reaction seems racist. It's disgusting? Really?
It is racist although I've heard the same reaction from black women who find the idea of a pink dick disgusting.

Also I'm surprised so many people didn't know Italians weren't always considered "white".

Blondie

Neo Member
Yeah, she's racist.

I once had a ex-gf ask me if her stance towards having sex with black men made her a racist because the thought of it so grossed her out. I asked why and her exact words were: "They're so gross! I don't want purple dicks in me!" My response was o_0 Yeah, that's kinda racist...

Riggs

Banned
I think Riggs said he was black too?

She pretty much called black people lesser humans.

I would have flipped shit.

Nah I am white, otherwise I would of probably slapped her in the back of the head. Maybe I should of anyway hah! Not advocating slapping females btw guys, you know like in a "did you really just say that" way. Never mind no slapping of any kind.

Why the fuck does everyone hate black people so much? Did we do something in the past to all races that I am not aware of? It boggles my mind that I constantly hear it's okay to date any race but if you bring a black person in this house I will take you to hell with me!

"I don't want to sleep with black people because I'm not attracted to them"

"I don't want to sleep with black people because it's disgusting"

There is a difference.

Steelrain

Nah I am white, otherwise I would of probably slapped her in the back of the head. Maybe I should of anyway hah! Not advocating slapping females btw guys, you know like in a "did you really just say that" way. Never mind no slapping of any kind.

Oh i'm sorry about that. I got you confused with someone else.

Why shouldn't it?

Depending on how picky you are it shouldn't be any different that someone saying they don't like a certain hair color or eye color.

If someone was to say they really just aren't turned on by redheads and pale skin, well that is totally their prerogative.

BUT

Thing is, nobody ever discusses the phenotypical features of anything or anyone when disavowing entire groups of people. And if they do, they never say "but if all of the phenotypical features that turn me on occurred in this [person] of the race/skin tone I normally don't like, I'd totally be all over that".

...and that's usually because the one phenotypical feature that's a dealbreaker is that pesky "race" thing. The problem with colored people in situations like these is that they literally come in every shade and race...except for non-colored.

But again, to each their own.

Why shouldn't it?

BUT

Because red hair and pale skin are SINGLE physical features. People of a specific race can have dozens of different physical features that pretty widely vary and even look similar to those of other races. Saying you don't like ANY of these near infinite combinations of features sounds ridiculous

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Personally, I do think your friend is harboring some racist tendencies.

For me, I love women. I don't care what nationality they are, I think they are beautiful, and if I wasn't married, I'd like to put my penis into as many of them as I can. That's the truth.

Growing up, my mom used to tell me not to get involved with white women. She was half joking, but for longest time, I took it very seriously, and was, literally, scared to date a non-black girl.

It wasn't until I was 15, I dated a 17 year old Italian girl. My mom would tease me, but she was cool about it.

Eventually, I married a white woman. I never think about it when we're together. She's just my wife. We get funny looks from a lot of people, but I never consider race an important factor. If my mom had been 100% serious about me not dating white girls, it wouldn't have made a lick of difference, and I would do as I pleased.

I fell in love with someone from a difference race. Big effing deal.

I think your friend not being attracted to black men isn't a problem. Her over the top reaction to the suggestion of it, in my opinion, is. I guess I just can't wrap my head around that kind of thinking.

I've seen beautiful women from all nationalities. I lust for them on a regular basis. lol.

Riggs

Banned
Personally, I do think your friend is harboring some racist tendencies.

For me, I love women. I don't care what nationality they are, I think they are beautiful, and if I wasn't married, I'd like to put my penis into as many of them as I can. That's the truth.

Growing up, my mom used to tell me not to get involved with white women. She was half joking, but for longest time, I took it very seriously, and was, literally, scared to date a non-black girl.

It wasn't until I was 15, I dated a 17 year old Italian girl. My mom would tease me, but she was cool about it.

Eventually, I married a white woman. I never think about it when we're together. She's just my wife. We get funny looks from a lot of people, but I never consider race an important factor. If my mom had been 100% serious about me not dating white girls, it wouldn't have made a lick of difference, and I would do as I pleased.

I fell in love with someone from a difference race. Big effing deal.

I think your friend not being attracted to black men isn't a problem. Her over the top reaction to the suggestion of it, in my opinion, is. I guess I just can't wrap my head around that kind of thinking.

I've seen beautiful women from all nationalities. I lust for them on a regular basis. lol.

Nice man, black and white people make the beautifulist babies to. My trainer was black , his wife white. Their daughter is 10 months old she is so beautiful!

Derek Jeter is fucking ugly though, sorry I hate the yankees. Sports Bias.

Melchiah

Personal preference doesn't mean you are racist. If you don't want someone of a different color on the same side of the sidewalk that you are on, that's a different conversation.

This. It's not racist if you don't want to sleep with everyone. Imagine if, say, a white man would call a black woman racist, just because she doesn't spread her legs for him.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I do have one friend who told me she would never sleep with a black guy but then like a week later she was FREAKING out over this super trendy black dude we saw at a concert.. soo me thinks she protests too much, in reality.

I think its pretty racist. How can you honestly say you dont find a particular race attractive? Its one thing to say you've never met an attractive member of a certain race but to say that you never will is ignorant. You could also have your preferences when it comes to dating but to deny someone's beauty just because of their skin colour is racist, IMO.

Melchiah

I think its pretty racist. How can you honestly say you dont find a particular race attractive? Its one thing to say you've never met an attractive member of a certain race but to say that you never will is ignorant. You could also have your preferences when it comes to dating but to deny someone's beauty just because of their skin colour is racist, IMO.

Well, if you're attracted to certain facial characteristics (not color) for example, something different might be less appealing.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Nice man, black and white people make the beautifulist babies to. My trainer was black , his wife white. Their daughter is 10 months old she is so beautiful!

Derek Jeter is fucking ugly though, sorry I hate the yankees. Sports Bias.

LMAO.

It's true! We're working on bringing our own little mixed bundle o' joy into the world soon enough, we hope!

But man, the pressure from both sides of our family to get to makin' babies is killer! Parents really do go into "crazed grandbaby" mode, especially if you are the youngest child!

On a non-related note, we just celebrated our third year of marriage yesterday! It's been a wonderful, wonderful 3 years!

Back on topic, I guess, for me, I never focus on race when it comes to attraction. I never realized that people were so picky about things like hair color or eye color. To me, that's a little extreme.

I personally am not a huge fan of blonds, but quite a few of my friends were natural blonds, and man, I'd have hooked up with them (not just in a sexual sense, but actually dating/relationship sense) in a heartbeat.

When you meet that person that just "clicks" with you, as me and my wife do, it doesn't matter what race she is.

I'd rather be with my awesome wife, who I feel shares a mental, emotional, and physical connection with me I've never had with anybody else, than be with someone of the same race that I may not have that level of connection with.

I just can't shut out an entire nationality because of...?

Why, exactly, does the OP's friend not like black dudes? Every conclusion I come to keeps coming back to racial stereotypes that have become accepted around the world.

Also, what's with the not so subtle dissing of the fat chicks in this thread? I've known some, er, "fuller" women that looked fucking amazing, and were comfortable and confident in their image and body. We get too hung up on what other people think of us, in my opinion.

x-Lundz-x

I'm not attracted to black chicks, it doesn't make me racist. Are you saying in order to not be racist you are required to be attracted to all races no matter what????

Now, the way she said it (if true) could be construed as a little racist but that doesn't mean she is ready to go lynch some people....

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
But the thing is, have you met all of the black chicks in the world?

When someone says, "I'm not attracted to XXX men/women," I can't help but wonder why?

There are, literally, 7 billion people on this planet. You'd be lucky to meet a fraction of a fraction of a fraction within your life time. To think that, out of those 7 billion people, and the myriad nationalities that make up those people, that there isn't even a remote possibility of you being attracted to one of those people that don't share the same race as you seems a bit, well, unrealistic.

As I stated before, I'm attracted to women. I don't care who they are, where they come from, I love them.

And God knows, living in Los Angeles, I've seen, met, and dated my fair share of beautiful women, from all nationalities. And when I say beautiful, I don't mean magazine cover girl, beautiful, I just mean, beautiful. Women that I find attractive, for a variety of reasons both physical and mental/personality wise.

I can't even say that I have a particular preference for a particular race. When I was single, I didn't close off a whole range of possibilities for happiness because of race.

The real question for me is, "Why are you not attracted to a certain race?"

Explore that question, deeply, and thoroughly. Because, from my side of the fence, I just can't come up with a reason why I wouldn't find an attractive woman from a different nationality attractive.

Kettch

That's the kicker. If you find someone beautiful, but won't date/sleep with that person because of their skin color, then yes that's racist. Skin color is as much a part of what contributes to someone's beauty as anything else though.

In short, if you get turned on by looking at someone but reject them for a physical trait, you have a problem and if it's their skin color you're being racist. If looking at someone doesn't turn you on and you reject them, that's normal, even if their skin color is the main reason causing it. You don't get to control that.

Why the fuck does everyone hate black people so much? Did we do something in the past to all races that I am not aware of? It boggles my mind that I constantly hear it's okay to date any race but if you bring a black person in this house I will take you to hell with me!
It's okay. Our time will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom