• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So my friend refuses to put minorities male appendices into her. Is she a racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagusas

Elden Member
*shrugs* when it comes to what goes in your body you can be selective as you want, I personnally wouldnt be attracted to a black or Indian woman, thus would never ever sleep with one. It has nothing to do with racism, its just a personal visual preference, I am not attracted to that skin type. I'm also not attracted to blonds, tats, fat people or people who smoke. I like her would say "none of them will ever have sex with me".

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Italians used to not be considered white. Same goes for Greeks, and white Hispanics. You know, our racist history?reality? And they used to consider your nationality your race, so you had the Anglo/Saxon race, French/Gaul race, the Dutch/Germanic race, etc.

So lets not go into mindblow territory and make the whole thread about whatever the girl said about them being different races. Old attitude, but some people still have old attitudes. I knew an Italiana who didn't consider herself to be "white". She didn't have the same hangups as this girl, thankfully.

This was covered in True Romance:

2010-05-31-hopper.jpeg

Steelrain

*shrugs* when it comes to what goes in your body you can be selective as you want, I personnally wouldnt be attracted to a black or Indian woman, thus would never ever sleep with one. It has nothing to do with racism, its just a personal visual preference, I am not attracted to that skin type. I'm also not attracted to blonds, tats, fat people or people who smoke. I like her would say "none of them will ever have sex with me".

I think you're confusing "not attracted to" with "disgusted by the thought of"

They tend to double down or rationalize it in some way.

"Oh they must have some white in them"

Although I am African-American I get this a lot. I simply MUST be half Native American or White because there is no way I can be black in their eyes.

Reminds me of the black women thread and the tons of "but she's probably mixed!" posts. Like every other race can have widely different physical features but if it's black they must be mixed with something else

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So, you don't think her reaction is any sort of indicator of underlying feelings on people of other race? You think the what she said was acceptable? It'd be one thing if she said, "I'm really only attracted to white guys" or "I don't think I'll ever date a Indian guy", these are perfectly fine examples of preference. What she says indicates a certain level of disgust. Yes, this is unacceptable.

I dunno man, those people who tan themselves to the point where they're actually orange are disgusting to me; so its not like i can totally write off the possibility that she's just not attracted to a dark skin tone.

Steelrain

Reminds me of the black women thread and the tons of "but she's probably mixed!" posts. Like every other race can have widely different physical features but if it's black they must be mixed with something else

Exactly! I wish I could find that thread again.

AKA Dis-confirmation bias.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
yo, i said that

right, so then you agree that physical appearances that trigger revulsion isn't limited to only race and can include other factors such as body weight, but they are all part of the same whole and you can be disgusted by having sex with someone who is black or fat but still not hate them.

Seth C

How is being black equivalent to being fat?

When it comes to sexual attraction it certainly could be? Some people probably won't fuck people with big noses, or hairy asses, or any host of other things. Other people only want to have sex with fat people. It happens.

Steelrain

Holy fuck.

The reasons you are disgusted by fat people are not the same reasons that you are disgusted by a persons race.

I must be taking crazy pills.

davepoobond

Holy fuck.

The reasons you are disgusted by fat people are not the same reasons that you are disgusted by a persons race.

I must be taking crazy pills.

sexually or socially? i dont know about you but i think people who are disgusted sexually by both of those have the same reaction.

being disgusted socially is certainly a different beast.

Steelrain

sexually or socially? i dont know about you but i think people who are disgusted sexually by both of those have the same reaction.

being disgusted socially is certainly a different beast.

So because they have the same reaction, the same thought processes led them to that reaction?

Satch

Banned
right, so then you agree that physical appearances that trigger revulsion isn't limited to only race and can include other factors such as body weight, but they are all part of the same whole and you can be disgusted by having sex with someone who is black or fat but still not hate them.
first of all, stop with this "black or fat" stuff, because they are not the same thing

second, my point was that what you see in media can influence your preferences, either positively or negatively (mostly negatively lol), so your preferences are not always 100% decided by "your own personal tastes."

Seth C

first of all, stop with this "black or fat" stuff, because they are not the same thing

second, my point was that what you see in media can influence your preferences, either positively or negatively (mostly negatively lol), so your preferences are not always 100% decided by "your own personal tastes."

Of course nurture can have something to do with it. That's not as simple as saying the media influences it. It could be what you grew up seeing around you, or what you didn't grow up seeing around you. Everything you've witnessed in your entire life plays part in it, but that is what defines "your own personal taste".

davepoobond

So because they have the same reaction, the same thought processes led them to that reaction?

maybe, maybe not. who are we to say either way without actual research?

i'm inclined to think that both possibilities are true, and its not absolutely one thing like you are obviously motioning to.

are you saying there isn't a negative connotation against fat people, too? you havent exact convinced me otherwise that being fat could be just as big of a factor in someone's sexual preference as being black.

Satch

Banned
Of course nurture can have something to do with it. That's not as simple as saying the media influences it. It could be what you grew up seeing around you, or what you didn't grow up seeing around you. Everything you've witnessed in your entire life plays part in it, but that is what defines "your own personal taste".

i said "but your mileage may vary" in the first post about this that he quoted man

edit: @dave

man

lol nevermind

Imm0rt4l

If you've acquired a personal taste that makes you disgusted by a certain race, it's racist.

Patryn

Once again, there's a fine line between acceptable and racist.

So....

OP said:
She would she would never be able to sleep with 'a black guy, an indian guy, or any kind of non-white guy'

Totally fine. She's only attracted to white guys, and that's ok.

OP said:
and started acting like it was a pretty disgusting concept. Her exact words were "a non-white penis will NEVER enter this body".

And here we enter racist land.

Riggs

Banned
I have a friend who won't fuck black dudes. She says she blew a black guy and his penis looked "Unevolved". She just does not like the way black penis looks. Not sure what that means but I found it funny in an uncomfortable way.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I was really surprised by her reaction. Is my friend a closet racist? Should I cut all ties with her? Is it just a matter of personal taste for her too? I mean, like I said, I really like light skinned black women (Beyonce style); but for my friend, it was an absolute rejection of non-white dicks.
No... not a closet racist. This was her coming out to you. Not every racist goes out and stands in the front yard and yells "white power", nor are they always making "darkie" jokes. A lot of racism is subtle. Some is a little less subtle. She may never say anything like this again.

How you deal with it is up to you. I'd buy her a 18" black King Kong Dong and a Kevin Hart DVD.

If people could societally get away with fucking something, they'd happily do it.

Like, I get physical things like height or build or whatever; short people don't do it for you. Or too chubby/too skinny. Or maybe you like big muscles or no muscles or rugged faces or babyfaces or something. Maybe you like hairy people, or smooth people. I get that.

But there's no way a dime-ass black chick walks up to Joe Average and he's totally unattracted to her because she is black without there being some weird societal, quasi-racist reasoning for it in the back of his mind. I just refuse to believe that being some skin shade is literally the reason why someone wouldn't be attracted to someone else. It makes more sense that the connotation of that shade - or that race - in society is the issue.

Meh, to each their own though.
I will happily smash any and all races, religions, or whatever the globe over. Ladies, you're all beautiful.

Riggs

Banned
No... not a closet racist. This was her coming out to you. Not every racist goes out and stands in the front yard and yells "white power", nor are they always making "darkie" jokes. A lot of racism is subtle. Some is a little less subtle. She may never say anything like this again.

How you deal with it is up to you. I'd buy her a 18" black King Kong Dong and a Kevin Hart DVD.

I am more black then Kevin hart dude. Although I do find him funny.

I have a friend who won't fuck black dudes. She says she blew a black guy and his penis looked "Unevolved". She just does not like the way black penis looks. Not sure what that means but I found it funny in an uncomfortable way.

If that's not racist then I don't know what is. But I did laugh at how ridiculous it was

Riggs

Banned
If people could societally get away with fucking something, they'd happily do it.

Like, I get physical things like height or build or whatever; short people don't do it for you. Or too chubby/too skinny. Or maybe you like big muscles or no muscles or rugged faces or babyfaces or something. Maybe you like hairy people, or smooth people. I get that.

But there's no way a dime-ass black chick walks up to Joe Average and he's totally unattracted to her because she is black without there being some weird societal, quasi-racist reasoning for it in the back of his mind. I just refuse to believe that being some skin shade is literally the reason why someone wouldn't be attracted to someone else. It makes more sense that the connotation of that shade - or that race - in society is the issue.

Ya your pretty wrong. I just do not get turned on by black girls, I slept with one once. Sorry that's just me, I guess I am a racist some how deep down.

Satch

Banned

unevolved

i need to go take a nap

apana

You would know better than us whether your friend is racist. Preferences are fine but the way she reacted is a bit strange. Lets not act like there still aren't negative attitudes towards interracial couples, especially when it comes to women. People get mad when a woman of their race dates outside. I think the couples people still have the most negative reaction to are black men and white women.

Steelrain

maybe, maybe not. who are we to say either way without actual research?

i'm inclined to think that both possibilities are true, and its not absolutely one thing like you are obviously motioning to.

If you entertain the notion that the same thoughts that people have towards disgust towards fat people are the same as the thoughts of disgust that people have towards race then I honestly don't want to go any further with this.

So, me not wanting to bang a black chick, being white, makes me racist?

Read the thread.

Zoe

I think it's time to turn this into a circumcision thread.

Ya your pretty wrong. I just do not get turned on by black girls, I slept with one once. Sorry that's just me, I guess I am a racist some how deep down.

I'm curious. What about them turns you off? Black girls, not being a monolithic group at all in any way *except* their being black, shouldn't universally not do it for you, right?

ATTN: people asking if their preferences make you racist in this thread
Your words and actions make you "racist". Your prejudices and biases against specific races make you racist.
Your preferences themselves don't make you racist. But analyze why you have those preferences - like, what reasons do you have for them? That will let you know what's good.

freshair

Uh yeah it's racist because when you discount entire races, you ignore their individuality and instead judge them as a group.

Objective declarations on the (un)attractiveness of marginalized groups stems from an oblivious position of privilege and only serves to reinforce racial hierarchies and socially constructed (western) standards of beauty (which inherently favors the privileged. re: white).

And if you truely care about your own standards and attraction, you will evaluate everyone on a per-person basis.

Because what it basically boils down is that you're finding a reason to discount them based on a predefined (racial) notion of attractiveness.

akira28

Actually that reads more like 'conditioning' than anything else.

I don't know she said it not me. Something about the skin doesn't look the same, (well no shit). Wish I could of recorded that shit for GAF it was a strange convo.

I wasn't implying you said it. I was just saying, preferring different physical features, I can understand. Being turned off by a skin color? Ehh...it's stretching it to say there's no racial implications there at all but whatever. However, saying something looks "unevolved" very clearly crosses a line none of these other things approach

Riggs

Banned
I'm curious. What about them turns you off? Black girls, not being a monolithic group at all in any way *except* their being black, shouldn't universally not do it for you, right?

I really don't want to get into details because it will derail the shit out of this thread. Personally A LOT of it had to do with my experience with this specific girl. It was the worst hook up I've ever had in my entire life, not because the sex was bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom