• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so NINJA GAIDEN for the PS3 announced (Famitsu)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
makingmusic476 said:
In these cases, the most they can hope for is timed exclusivity. They'd be hard pressed to work out a deal for something permanent.

If Microsoft's paying (via moneyhats or publishing), they're probably paying for timed exclusivity. Eternal Sonata, Bioshock, etc.

They didn't actually publish or fund those other games though (at least Bioshock..), and they've had other timed exclusives without publishing. I doubt MS held any notion of the game ultimately going multi-plat when they agreed to publish.

It's pretty amazing if ponying up for publishing rights only gets you timed exclusivity these days. They must have forgot the "sigma" clause :p

Sporty

Neo Member
makingmusic476 said:
lol

That's one thing Sony does right with its third party stuff. If they're publishing, they make sure they own the IP. Ratchet, Resistance, LBP, White Knight, etc. will never go multiplat.

I think Heavy Rain is the only IP from one of their second parties that they don't' own.

Crash and Spryo taught them that much at least.

dogknight

EXGN said:
Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 2, not Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

I think Microsoft published this game to get a timed exclusivity, just like they did with the bioshock ( I know they didn't publish it ,but they paid for it ). Publish or moneyhat, anyway Micorsoft paid the money.

It seems like Microsoft aren't going to go after exclusives with Tecmo anymore after Dead or Alive 4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 both bombed in Japan. I consider bombing selling less than Dead or Alive 3 and Ninja Gaiden on the OG Xbox, which had a lot less support.

rykomatsu

AranhaHunter said:
I guess but we are missing scores and more news...

Well, it's a day earlier than usual :p

Looks like the battle scenes in Rorona are...cellshaded? Small screenshots currently, but it looks pretty nicely done for a GUST game.

6/25 release
7140yen
2D Artist: Kishida Mel, homepage for said artist: http://maigo.jp/picture.html
2D/3D hybrid...event scenes are probably either all 2D or 3D if it occurs during/immediately before a battle on the field with 2D char art popping in for facial expressions and what not during the actual event (like Tears to Tiara)
Full Voice <---fuck yeah!~

Pachael

SimpleDesign said:
It seems like Microsoft aren't going to go after exclusives with Tecmo anymore after Dead or Alive 4 and Ninja Gaiden 2 both bombed in Japan. I consider bombing selling less than Dead or Alive 3 and Ninja Gaiden on the OG Xbox, which had a lot less support.

I've thought it was mostly Microsoft and Team Ninja/Itagaki, and for all intensive (ha) purposes that relationship's done.

I dont get it, MS published NG2... so that means no NG2 on any other console, how would they get around that just by adding in "sigma" to it?

PseudoKirby said:
I dont get it, MS published NG2... so that means no NG2 on any other console, how would they get around that just by adding in "sigma" to it?

Like I said Tecmo owns the IP, not MS, just because you publish a game does not mean you own the IP, MS probably published and helped fund development in exchange for exclusivity (which I assume always has an expiration date).

PseudoKirby said:
Vampire Rain was published by them in America as well, I think it just had more to do with helping Tecmo with distribution and advertising.

Pachael said:
I've thought it was mostly Microsoft and Team Ninja/Itagaki, and for all intensive (ha) purposes that relationship's done.
That was probably a big reason too since Itagaki may very well end up working with/for MGS.

PSGames

The AnswerV said:
Famitsu confirmed Ayane will be a playable character.

This kinda makes me pissed. I hate to double dip on games. Hopefully they'll release this as DLC for the 360 version.

AranhaHunter said:
I'm guessing here, but I think that no exclusive is exclusive forever, there's a time limit to exclusivity, so MS published NGII and it did get a 6 month to 1 year exclusivity on it.

ng2 is still exclusive since ms published it. just not sigma 2 which is another title which is ng2+extra content+improvements.

ChaoticBlue said:
ng2 is still exclusive since ms published it. just not sigma 2 which is another title.
I wasn't aware that by just adding something to a title gets you out of a contract that easy.

I really doubt it's because of that.

EXGN

SimpleDesign said:
That was probably a big reason too since Itagaki may very well end up working with/for MGS.

On first reading that, my heart skipped a beat thinking about Itagaki working on a Metal Gear Solid game :lol

AranhaHunter said:
Like I said Tecmo owns the IP, not MS, just because you publish a game does not mean you own the IP, MS probably published and helped fund development in exchange for exclusivity (which I assume always has an expiration date).
yea they may not own the Ip, but since they paid for the development of NG2 they own the rights to NG2

EXGN said:
On first reading that, my heart skipped a beat thinking about Itagaki working on a Metal Gear Solid game :lol
Well Kojima and Itagaki have always talked about working together so anything is possible.

FFChris

You guys are probably better off buying the first game...

Hope there are a hell of a lot of bugfixes in there, maybe NGSig2 will be the game NG2 should have been.

Seems GameWave got the Atelier Rorona date right so I guess their other leaked news are also true:

Ken To Mahou To Gakuen Mono 2 (Class of Heroes 2) (Acquire, PSP) - June 25th
Evangelion Prologue (Bandai Namco, PSP/PS2)
Onore no Shinzuru Michi wo Yuke (From Software, PSP) - June 11th
Narisokonai Eiyuutan: Taiyou to Tsuki no Monogatari (Irem, PSP) - June 4th
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3) - June
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (PS3) - June

Not surprising to see Sigma 2, they have the engine running and the first one didn't sell that bad. Can't really see how Atelier Rorona looks but just the thought of Gust 3D makes me nervous. The new Gundam game reminds me of the first Gundam PS3...which is not a good thing.

PD: oh, a few wat to My World My Way PSP, Phantasy Star ZERO Mini DSi (DSi-only? dsiware?)...

Sony lost another....oh wait....

I put almost 300 hours in NG2, so if this has quite a few new content in it, I will buy it just because I am a hardcore fan of the series. Even if it doesn't I will probably buy it just for some improvements. I bought Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden Black and NG:Sigma and didn't regret it one bit. Playable Sonia and Ayane would be nice. I am at least expecting improved graphics, 720P, glitch and bug fixes and 60fps most of the time. I just don't know if I can bring myself to go through Master Ninja again. I predicted Tecmo's announcement would be an action game and this is definitely one of the best action games of all time. Gameplay-wise, it could be the best action game of all time imo. Technical issues aside the gameplay is unprecedented.

Ploid 3.0

EXGN said:

It's not that far off on the tastes.

sniper-wolf.jpg

Sniper_Wolf_by_scabrouspencil.jpg

Sonia%20full.jpg

Chinner said:
Does this mean theres a chance that Halo 3 may come to PS3?

Heh, I doubt it for the obvious reasons, but I could of sworn I heard that Bungie was eyeing the PS3 for multiplatform development at one time. Maybe a spin-off of Halo under a different name such as Hola.

I really hate timed exclusive games it just lie's no point if they plan a ps3 or 360 they need to say

I have to say MS worst for the timed exclusive look at bioshock it just a slap in face for any other gamer and pointless

and why is it every time 360 lose one some one most about MGS4 :lol you know they have to cut out alot of jokes and story to make it for 360 they one part that they just cant do on 360

obaidr

Banned
stuburns said:
I laugh at the people who were doubting last week.

And MGS4 is not going multiplatform any time soon.

How many Metal Gear fans did not already play Metal gear On PS3? Everyone who was interested in Metal gear, has already played it. There is no reason of investing time, resources and money in a port because there is no market out there anymore.

StuBurns

Banned
obaidr said:
How many Metal Gear fans did not already play Metal gear On PS3? Everyone who was interested in Metal gear, has already played it. There is no reason of investing time, resources and money in a port because there is no market out there anymore.
I'm sure it'd sell enough to warrant the cost of porting, especially since most people seem to think that Koji-Pro's future full retail projects will be multiplatform (as I do) and Kojima has said they will be reusing tech, so porting the MGS4 engine makes sense for the future games.

The reason why I don't believe it's ever going to happen is Sony Pictures are funding Kojima's wet dream of making a MGS film, and since Hollywood moves at a snails pace and they don't even have a script the film's not going to be out for another few years, I'd be stunned if Sony didn't tie up MGS4 exclusivity with the film.

Also, it's been nearly a year, if they were going to release a port outside of a 12 month exclusivity deal we'd know about it by now.

Top Bottom