• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so NINJA GAIDEN for the PS3 announced (Famitsu)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
obaidr said:
How many Metal Gear fans did not already play Metal gear On PS3? Everyone who was interested in Metal gear, has already played it. There is no reason of investing time, resources and money in a port because there is no market out there anymore.
There are more than enough MG fans who didn't play MGS4 yet, they don't have to be as hardcore as other gamers but that doesn't mean they aren't fans of the series.

Elios83

RpgN said:
It does sound a lot like Mikami curse. But it's not a bad thing. I wish a DOA4 port was planned as well but that's highly unlikely. One of my favourite series, more than NG :(

DOA4 at this point doesn't make sense. The game is too outdated, even when it came out it felt like a rushed HD version of DOA3.
But it would be nice if they made DOA5 for PS360.

for some reason, I always got the impression that if mgs 4 ever go to 360, it will be done in Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Twin Snake manner. built from the ground up by different team for 360.

Boerseun

Banned
stuburns said:
I brought my PS3 about a week after they announced they were dropping BC in Europe. They gave us a nice price cut to clear the old stock so I brought one then.

We knew BC was going before it went. You could have brought one then.

You're telling me! Where I live they had specials with the 60GB console, an extra Sixaxis controller, and two games (Motorstorm and Resistance), all going for less than what the 40GB console costs on its own now.

Although, I reckon most people were thinking BC would remain in some other form, especially with the US getting the partly software-based backwards-compatibility of the 80GB version. Of course the PAL 80GB had no BC whatsoever.

RpgN

Elios83 said:
DOA4 at this point doesn't make sense. The game is too outdated, even when it came out it felt like a rushed HD version of DOA3.
But it would be nice if they made DOA5 for PS360.

Yes, I'm aware. That's why it hurts. Now that Itagaki is gone I don't see DOA5 coming anytime soon :(

Loudninja

Very nice.

- It will be an upgraded version of Ninja Gaiden 2 (not a direct port)
- Set to release in autumn 2009
- The magazine will be reporting new elements in coming issues
- Producer and director: Yosuke Hayashi (From Sigma)
- Development: Team Ninja

New features in the PS3 version:
- New weapon - spiked hammer "Genma"
- New giant boss battles not in the 360 version
- New playable character - female ninja Ayane

Someone posted this on N4G

so.. I just read the little tidbit that Tecmo is calling this game a remake, not a port, just like the first sigma. it'd be hilarious if sometime in the future, we got ninja gaiden sigma 3 exclusive for ps3 going against Ninja Blade 2 exclusive for 360.:D

RpgN

^
Another frustrated fan downplaying a good game.
Boerseun said:
You're telling me! Where I live they had specials with the 60GB console, an extra Sixaxis controller, and two games (Motorstorm and Resistance), all going for less than what the 40GB console costs on its own now.

Although, I reckon most people were thinking BC would remain in some other form, especially with the US getting the partly software-based backwards-compatibility of the 80GB version. Of course the PAL 80GB had no BC whatsoever.

You mean in Holland? I got that pack with also 15% pricedrop than the usual price because my friend worked in the store I bought it :D In 10 October 2007, after I heard BC were to be removed. You really had the chance, but perhaps didn't expect them to cease the production of the 60gb model so soon?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Joe211 said:
Total meltdown cry moar :lol

I thought saying MGS4 is coming on X system without proof was sanctioned by a ban?
The joke is on you.

StuBurns

Banned
RpgN said:
^
Another frustrated fan downplaying a good game.

You mean in Holland? I got that pack with also 15% pricedrop than the usual price because my friend worked in the store I bought it :D In 10 October 2007, after I heard BC were to be removed. You really had the chance, but perhaps didn't expect them to cease the production of the 60gb model so soon?

I got a nice discount on mine too because a mate worked at HMV. The BC console, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm and Tiger Woods for £325. Even today you can't get the non-BC console and three games in the UK for that, I don't think so anyway.

Joe211

Callibretto said:
I'm pretty sure that's a parody for some ps3's lost exclusivity in the past. I think it's FF XIII. change Ninja Gaiden to FF and Tecmo to Squenix and you'd get the original post.
Now I understand.
Thanks for the explanation.

BeeDog

Definitely interested in this. Had Sigma and really liked it, and if they improve on all the faults from the original on the 360 (from what I've heard, haven't played a lot of it), then it could turn out to be great.

Boerseun

Banned
RpgN said:

No, I've never been to the Netherlands. I'll give you a hint though: Where I live we speak a language derived from a mixture of Dutch, German, French, Italian, English, Malay, San, Khoi, and various negroid languages like Xhosa and Zulu.

Regarding not getting a 60GB Ps3 - I seriously did not know at the time that they would be permanently getting rid of backwards-compatibility. Or maybe I knew but subconsciously persuaded myself otherwise. I still think removing BC from the Ps3 was one of the most fundamentally stupid things any games company in console history has ever done. If they had left hardware-based backwards-compatibility in, I reckon they would have outsold the 360 by now (and by quite a margin).

Defuser said:
Tecmo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Ninja Gaiden Σ2, nor will they purchase any of Tecmo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Tecmo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Tecmo, publicly apologize and cancel Ninja Gaiden Σ2 for PS3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

well played

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
RpgN said:
It's on the wii :p And it will stay there for a while.
Yeah, unfortunately it's a step back. The visuals really don't look a whole lot better than the last of the PS2 installments while the controls are significantly worse.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Defuser said:
Tecmo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Ninja Gaiden Σ2, nor will they purchase any of Tecmo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Tecmo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Tecmo, publicly apologize and cancel Ninja Gaiden Σ2 for PS3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Could someone link me to the original 'Squarenix just shot themselves' post ?
I dont think i was a member on that time. :3

Paracelsus

Gantz said:
woo another shitty PS3 port of a 360 game! :lol

2m5m9hy.png

EDIT: Tch, not even good for avatar quoting.

Aquanox

Without Itagaki in the team, this was a given. When he left, the company is now without the creator of the only profitable franchises . Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is just the easiest way to milk Ninja Gaiden while they put their act together again.

Hayashi and team are great for making ports. They already demonstrated it with Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Now the question is if they're going to be equally good to make new games.

NolbertoS

Can't wait for it. I loved Ninja Gaiden Sigma, even though I already own Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox. I'm sure they'll polish it up alot.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
and i was half expecting it to be a new fatal frame game :(

NG 2 was just too easy ..

vag 2.0

My point was that this is an enthusiast forum. There are enormous anticipation threads for £150 arcade sticks, people posting photos of their dozen bluray purchases this month. Sure, the average person doesn't necessarily want to spend that sort of money on three systems, but the average person doesn't post about how much he wants all the console exclusive games on an enthusiast forum. If you don't care enough to have picked it up already, you probably don't care enough about it to really warrant posting about it a ton nearly a year on - you certainly don't care enough to buy the hardware. You'll be able to play it some day, for sure; read a book or something in the meantime? You'll probably enjoy it more!

I agree about sharing the love; I liked when the PS2 was pretty much ubiquitous. It aint the case this gen, though. Tough shit I guess?

StuBurns

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
Is it a PSN only release just in Japan or is that worldwide as well?
It's not a PSN release anywhere is it?
They just said it supports PSN, so there's probably some online ranking or something.

Top Bottom