• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so NINJA GAIDEN for the PS3 announced (Famitsu)

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
if camera gets fixed iam so going to jump in...

this was a game that nearly made me buy a 360... now if only epic would do a gears for ps3
i would be happy

Right, this is fantastic news.

Hopefully with the extra time to make a PS3 port, they will fix the major balancing and polish issues with Ninja Gaiden 2, and then those fixes can be patched into the 360 version.

Sell Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma expansion on the 360 marketplace for 800 points and I will buy it Tecmo. Re-releasing the updated game on 360 at retail is also an option, but I would like it to be at a budget price.

When Ninja Gaiden 2 works, it is better than Ninja Gaiden 1. When it doesn't work, it makes the Ninja Gaiden fan inside me cry. The fact that Itagaki left and the team moved on to other projects made me think that there was no possibility of it ever being fixed. This Sigma version is a beacon of light for Ninja Gaiden fans everywhere, hopefully it isn't just PS3 fans who feel the benefit.

(I might own a PS3 by the time this comes out, heck, I nearly bought one for the first Sigma)

vag 2.0

I liked NG2 a ton, quite a bit more than the original! May just pick this up if there's a substantial improvement or I can get it as cheap as I found the original Sigma.

Re: MGS4, people still care about porting a year-old game?

vag 2.0

stuburns said:
Do you see the stupidity of that comment in the context of the thread you posted it in?

Does anyone really care about this, though? I already played it last June, though it'd be kinda nice if there's nothing else out when it hits if there are some improvements. People are going on and on about 360 MGS4... still. Instead of just, you know, buying it now, or 9 months ago.

StuBurns

Banned
vag 2.0 said:
Does anyone really care about this, though? I already played it last June, though it'd be kinda nice if there's nothing else out when it hits if there are some improvements. People are going on and on about 360 MGS4... still. Instead of just, you know, buying it now, or 9 months ago.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret... Please don't tell anyone... Seriously...

Not everyone owns a PlayStation 3.

stuburns said:
I'm going to let you in on a little secret... Please don't tell anyone... Seriously...

Not everyone owns a PlayStation 3.

Don't you get it? He's already played it... that means no one is interested in it anymore. Also, the world revolves around him.

vag 2.0

maybe if you're frothing for an exclusive title

it might be time

to buy one?

probably takes less effort than posting on GAF about it!

StuBurns

Banned
vag 2.0 said:
maybe if you're frothing for an exclusive title

it might be time

to buy one?

Okay this is getting boring.

Not everyone has enough spare cash to just buy a games console whenever they please. I did at the time, I'm thankful of that, but not everyone can. Some people would like the game to come to a console they already own. I don't see why that's not valid to you.

vag 2.0

Well, why whine about it? People spend 20x that on suits. Nobody cares about your economic conditions. There are plenty of people here spending 20x that a month in the "post your recent purchases" thread.

vag 2.0 said:
Well, why whine about it? People spend 20x that on suits. Nobody cares about your economic conditions. There are plenty of people here spending 20x that a month in the "post your recent purchases" thread.

Yeah ok. It's not worth it if you think the average person spends $10,000 on a suit.

I take it you don't make the money you spend.

StuBurns

Banned
vag 2.0 said:
You're an idiot.

RpgN

That's great news OMG! I didn't expect it to happen, I thought a ToV port would be announced first. But still, I'm glad. I loved NG Black on the xbox and Sigma on the ps3:D

theBishop

Banned
stuburns said:
Vampire Rain

Hmm... that one had an even weirder arrangement.

It would be cool if like 5 of the Sales-Age Gaffers focused their efforts on the minutia of publishing deals instead. I find that stuff interesting.

Despite the bugs and the flaws, NGII is on my top 5 of this gen, If they can fix all the problem that the game have, the game easily could be the best game of the genre for me.

I hope they put all the customes and DLC on the disc, plus a good use of the AA.

thaOwner

Just saw the HQ scan. Looks good. Am I right in assuming that GOWIII is definitely a 2010 game now ?
And if they can co-exist, is it a smart decision to release both of them this year ?

StuBurns

Banned
Neo-Sheperd said:
Just saw the HQ scan. Looks good. Am I right in assuming that GOWIII is definitely a 2010 game now ?
And if they can co-exist, is it a smart decision to release both of them this year ?
Fiscal 09 I think.

Bayonetta too.

It's going to be a bloody fall if they all come out.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
GoW will be 2010.

It'd be up to Tecmo to plan their release around it, if at all, rather than vice versa though, IMO.

Does the Famitsu article say when it's due?

Joe211

Defuser said:
Tecmo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Ninja Gaiden &#931;2, nor will they purchase any of Tecmo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Tecmo has alienated an entire market with this move.

Tecmo, publicly apologize and cancel Ninja Gaiden &#931;2 for PS3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Total meltdown cry moar :lol

I thought saying MGS4 is coming on X system without proof was sanctioned by a ban?

StuBurns

Banned
M°°nblade said:
Slap 'sigma' on it, say it's not a port but a new game with new content etc ...
I don't think so. MSs contracts would tie up based on engine code and things I'd imagine. They'd be stupid if all their exclusives could do multiplatform by a change of title.

Elios83

I've just remembered about this interview last year:

Does that mean we'll never see NGII on PS3?

Itagaki: No because it's a 360 exclusive.

But Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden: Black were Xbox exclusives at the time...

Itagaki: We've announced it as an Xbox 360 exclusive, but I don't own Tecmo the company. But if that were to ever happen it would be a loss of face for everyone involved.

It seems a bit like Mikami's curse part II :lol
BTW I hope they fix the camera, it's the only thing that could really make the game better, extras are nice (especially playable Ayane) but I'd prefer to see them fixing the actual problems in the game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So this is Ninja Gaiden 2 or a spin off?

StuBurns

Banned
We knew it wasn't exclusive last year because Itagaki said when he left that bringing the game to PS3 would be a bad idea. So he knew it could happen.

Synless

this is great news!! I have this on the 360, but I have a friend who fucking loves NG and has only the ps3, he is going to be crazy happy when I tell him.

Joe211 said:
Total meltdown cry moar :lol

I thought saying MGS4 is coming on X system without proof was sanctioned by a ban?

I'm pretty sure that's a parody for some ps3's lost exclusivity in the past. I think it's FF XIII. change Ninja Gaiden to FF and Tecmo to Squenix and you'd get the original post.

StuBurns

Banned
Synless said:
this is great news!! I have this on the 360, but I have a friend who fucking loves NG and has only the ps3, he is going to be crazy happy when I tell him.
See vag 2.0, that's the correct response.

Boerseun

Banned
stuburns said:
Okay this is getting boring.

Not everyone has enough spare cash to just buy a games console whenever they please. I did at the time, I'm thankful of that, but not everyone can. Some people would like the game to come to a console they already own. I don't see why that's not valid to you.

I would find the money to buy one if they would put PS2 backwards-compatibility back in.

Synless said:

I know how you feel. I have a friend who was like that about Bioshock.

RpgN

Elios83 said:
I've just remembered about this interview last year:

It seems a bit like Mikami's curse part II :lol
BTW I hope they fix the camera, it's the only thing that could really make the game better, extras are nice (especially playable Ayane) but I'd prefer to see them fixing the actual problems in the game.

It does sound a lot like Mikami curse. But it's not a bad thing. I wish a DOA4 port was planned as well but that's highly unlikely. One of my favourite series, more than NG :(

StuBurns

Banned
Boerseun said:
I would find the money to buy one if they would put PS2 backwards-compatibility back in.
I brought my PS3 about a week after they announced they were dropping BC in Europe. They gave us a nice price cut to clear the old stock so I brought one then.

We knew BC was going before it went. You could have brought one then.

Top Bottom