• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so resistance has now sold 2 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjohn

sony just issued to an apology for the whole church fiasco and revealed that they have sold 2 million copies of resistance worldwide. quite impressive.

''In its letter, Sony said it did not accept "that there is any connection between contemporary issues in 21st century Manchester and the work of science fiction in which a fictitious 1950s Britain is under attack by aliens."

"We believe a comprehensive viewing of the work will make its content and context clear," Sony said, adding that "Resistance: Fall of Man" has sold more than 2 million units around the world.
''

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PPE8KG0&show_article=1

Jammy

Banned
It's nowhere near that number. :lol

It's a stretch to put it at one million, but I don't know how the game has fared according to NPD for the past handful of months.

Big-E

Jammy said:

It's a stretch to put it at one million, but I don't know how the game has fared according to NPD for the past handful of months.

NPD does not govern the entire world.

It's nice the church is backing down. Sony shouldn't have apologized though.

Anyways, Resistance definitely deserves the sales. It has an awesome AI and some of the best FPS controls on a console ever.

Fantastic game, it deserves it. It suffers by comparison from having been released alongside Gears of War, which was revolutionary. But I think once Halo 3 comes out, people will look at Resistance and appreciate the visuals, creativity of the weapons and large number of players supported.

LiveFromKyoto said:
Fantastic game, it deserves it. It suffers by comparison from having been released alongside Gears of War, which was revolutionary. But I think once Halo 3 comes out, people will look at Resistance and appreciate the visuals, creativity of the weapons and large number of players supported.

No.

pswii60

Jammy said:

WW muppet.

Europe was lapping Resistance up like crazy at launch.

LiveFromKyoto said:

BETA

Tieno

LiveFromKyoto said:
You're ****ing this thread up man.

Big-E

Jammy said:
You think the game has sold 1.3 million in Europe? :lol It's been off many countries' charts for quite some time.

Wasn't there a press release saying it sold a million in North America. That leaves 1 million for the rest of the world a feat which seems reachable given the European launch numbers.

Jammy

Banned
justjohn said:
its already sold over 600000 in europe

Yes, and in Japan it's sold ~100,000 and in America it's sold nowhere near 1.3 million alone.

Jesus, people. Use your heads and look at old data we have.

bud

imastalker co. said:
2 million is hardly getting sent to die. this worldwide i take it? if so, im sure Sony expected more.

well, sure, sony also expected to sell more ps3's ww but they only managed to sell ±3.5mln.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
clearacell said:
So it has a higher attach ratio than even Zelda Wii? Impressive...I think.
gafwiispinav.gif

Your avatar is impressive, sir.

Jammy

Banned
Big-E said:
Wasn't there a press release saying it sold a million in North America. That leaves 1 million for the rest of the world a feet which seems reachable given the launch numbers.

No, there wasn't. :lol Hasn't the PS3 only sold like 1.4 million in the U.S. total? That would be an unprecedented attach rate, which this game doesn't have.

pswii60

I thought Gears was revolutionary to an extent. It was the first game that actually made decent use of 'cover'. It was also my most memorable gaming experience in years. I have to say, while I quite liked Resistance, it was very forgettable.

Jammy said:
No, there wasn't. :lol Hasn't the PS3 only sold like 1.4 million in the U.S. total? That would be an unprecedented attach rate, which this game doesn't have.

It does have an unprecedented attach rate.

Ceb

Shipped numbers obviously, but that didn't stop anyone from creaming themselves over the shipment numbers of Lost Planet and Dead Rising, just to name some examples.

Jammy

Banned
pswii60 said:
I thought Gears was revolutionary to an extent. It was the first game that actually made decent use of 'cover'. It was also my most memorable gaming experience in years. I have to say, while I quite liked Resistance, it was very forgettable.

It does have an unprecedented attach rate.

Not really.

EDIT: For example, remember when Nintendo put out that PR about Zelda: TP having well over an 80% attach rate for Wii, which was higher than even SM64 back in 1996? THAT'S unprecedented. Resistance has sold well considering the userbase, but there's no way it would have sold a million in the U.S. where the system has only sold ~1.4 milllion now.

pswii60

Ceb said:
Shipped numbers obviously, but that didn't stop anyone from creaming themselves over the shipment numbers of Lost Planet and Dead Rising, just to name some examples.

Ceb turns this in to 360 vs PS3 in 3...2..1..

Seriously though, people were excited about DR and LP because they were third party games from Capcom, so to see them doing well means future support from them, so you can understand why 360 fans would be happy about this.

Also, LP got pretty poor reviews, and launched a month after Gears, so did very well considering.

Jammy said:
Not really.

OK it doesn't then. My bad. Either Sony are outright lying or the game has a 100% attach rate in Europe, as it's sold less than 100k in Japan.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ummmm

shipped is the same thing as sold to Sony. they got money for those 2 million. they don't send product to retailers for free

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER THISSSS

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Jammy said:
Yes, and in Japan it's sold ~100,000 and in America it's sold nowhere near 1.3 million alone.

Jesus, people. Use your heads and look at old data we have.

Hmm... who to trust, you, some random guy on the internets, or Sony. Sony hasn't always been honest so I guess it's a tough call.

If you want to make a solid argument, don't use comments like 'use your heads'. Quote the sales charts that you are referring to and cover the worldwide market with dates attached.

Ceb

pswii60 said:
Ceb turns this in to 360 vs PS3 in 3...2..1..

Seriously though, people were excited about DR and LP because they were third party games from Capcom, so to see them doing well means future support from them, so you can understand why 360 fans would be happy about this.

Also, LP got pretty poor reviews, and launched a month after Gears, so did very well considering.

I'm not looking for a fight - just asking for some consistency in the reaction to PR about shipped numbers. Not trying to downplay the performance of those two Capcom titles either.

A very high attach rate doesn't sound that surprising. Every single store I've been to, the Resistance area in the PS3 section is a big empty space with just a few copies left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom