• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So say the Star Trek transporter was invented. Would you use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

After thinking about it, my answer would be no.

Regardless of the death of consciousness, I can already picture the one-in-a-million glitch where buddy comes out looking like a Picasso painting because the guy next door temporarily clogged the connection trying to beam 15 prostitutes over at the same time.

jakershaker said:
I prefer to try too look at things with as many facts as possible(even though it's science fiction in this case). Science is objective.

I totally agree but this is also a question of personal experience, which is subjective. Subjectively, you would die. As I said previously, objectively it wouldn't matter - a being as good as you would exist somewhere. But your argument of objectivity doesn't comment on the subjectivity of the experience and that's where it falls flat.

Edit: Sorry, I see where the confusion is coming from. By you I didn't mean you personally, I meant "you", the subjective actor stepping through the transporter.

7Th

EmCeeGramr said:
How is your consciousness "destroyed" by your brain entering a different state?

It's a theory that derives from the idea that consciousness is nothing but an illusion of perception, you see.

RedShift said:
I thought about this when I was younger, and how there's no way I'd be getting in that thing.

Now recently I've been thinking, what if every time you lose conciousness (sleep, pass out, whatever), your conciousness ceases to exist and a new one forms when you wake up? There's no way you'd know.
What's there to wonder about? This is exactly what happens. When you regain conciousness, do you think you remember things, know things, just because? It's because the things you think have been stored in your brain.

samus i am said:
Yes I would use a TNG transporter. No, it is not the same as killing yourself.
But it IS killing you.

It vaporises you on one end, and a clone pops out the other end.

You, as a person, are dead. You're consciousness ceases to be. Finito.

It'd be no different than if you copied your brain into an android body and then killed yourself. The original you would still be dead.

Wickerbasket said:
But it IS killing you.

It'd be no different than if you copied your brain into an android body and then killed yourself. The original you would still be dead.
Why do you use the word clone? It recreates you. You can't clone a person that doesn't exist.

Wickerbasket said:
But it IS killing you.

Not quite.

Mama Robotnik said:
Argument 2: When you beam, your matter is converted to energy and reconstructed at its intended destination. You are as original as ever.

The first post in the OP already breaks it down. In the original Star Trek you are a exact copy. In TNG you are "you" - the same.

Son of Godzilla said:
Why do you use the word clone? It recreates you. You can't clone a person that doesn't exist.
I use the word clone because it isn't you that pops out the other end, no matter how much you wish that to be true.

The minute your consciousness ceases to be, you are effectively dead. Even if the same matter is sent half way across the galaxy to be reconstructed in a particular pattern, the 'you' that was before has ceased to be.

The 'you' that appears on the other end is the very definition of clone. It's a copy of what existed on the other end of the teleporter.

If the machine were just to carry out the first step, would you consider yourself dead?

Edit: It may not copy the matter, if the original matter is sent, but it definately copies the pattern and structure the matter was placed in.

ckohler

SMH. Guys, here's what the TNG Technical Manual says about transporters and preserving living consciousness. It's from the section discussing replicator limitations and how replicators generate matter at the molecular level versus transporters which scan at the quantum level:

Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual said:
It is not feasible to record or store quantum electron state information, nor can Brownian motion data be accurately re-created [in transporter based replicators]. Doing so would represent another billion fold increase in the memory required to store a given pattern. This means that even if each atom of every molecule were reproduced, it is not feasible to accurately re-create the electron shell activity patterns or the atomic motions that determine the dynamics of the biochemical activity of consciousness and thought.
So, according to Star Trek cannon, reassembling lifeform electron shell activity and atomic motions is what allows living conciseness to survive the transport process.

Wickerbasket said:
I use the word clone because it isn't you that pops out the other end, no matter how much you wish that to be true.

The minute your consciousness ceases to be, you are effectively dead. Even if the same matter is sent half way across the galaxy to be reconstructed in a particular pattern, the 'you' that was before has ceased to be.

The thing on the other end *is* you, no matter how much you think it isn't. Sci-fi has muddled your brain with the idea of cloning. Just because one body existed before the other doesn't mean that the recreation is somehow different.

The self-conciousness thing is just a ruse your brain develops to protect itself. You aren't going to lose some undefinable bit of "self" just because your body is disintegrated and recreated billions of miles away.

Seep

If the new "you" is 100% identical in every single way and has the same memories, goals, desires, likes, dislikes then it is you.

Argument 1/2 and wormhole thingy FUCK YEAH! I'd be beaming all over the planet. Imagine if you felt like a Chinese/Indian/Italian you could beam there in an instant and get authentic meals instead of going to your local restaurant. Holidays with no 12hr flights that's an extra day on your holiday + no screaming brats on the plane. sounds awesome sign me up.

Wickerbasket said:

The 'you' that appears on the other end is the very definition of clone. It's a copy of what existed on the other end of the teleporter.

If the machine were just to carry out the first step, would you consider yourself dead?

Edit: It may not copy the matter, if the original matter is sent, but it definately copies the pattern and structure the matter was placed in.

We are hypothesizing on technology that is 300 or 400 years away from being created. I am sure if we told Christopher Columbus that a flight from Spain to America would only take 6 hours he would have thought we were crazy.

If you had advance insider knowledge that your hometown was being hit by a nuclear bomb would you jump in the transporter and beam away? Would you say "The person that survives the nuclear blast wont be me so no, I will not escape."?

On that same note what if your Mom or another family member used a transporter. If they tried to talk to you would you say "No person that walks, talks, thinks, acts, has the same memories, as my Mom. You are a copy and not the real thing."?

Wickerbasket said:
It was really after watching 'The Illusionist' that I realised how fucked up the idea of teleportation is. In 'The Illusionist'
the only difference in the machine used from a star trek teleporter is that, the orginal still exists therefore needs to be disposed of for their only to be one 'original' remaining

ckohler

Wickerbasket, you are totally talking out your ass. The two teleportation processes have nothing in common. It's just wild speculation on your part to even assume you understand how the teleporter in The Prestige works. It's never explained. On the other hand, I'm certain I didn't see a pattern buffer or computer attached to it so it's a safe bet it DOESN'T work like those in Star Trek.

Raydeen

Only if I can bring a can of this with me.

active-fly-wasp-spray.jpg

Seep said:
If the new "you" is 100% identical in every single way and has the same memories, goals, desires, likes, dislikes then it is you.

Argument 1/2 and wormhole thingy FUCK YEAH! I'd be beaming all over the planet. Imagine if you felt like a Chinese/Indian/Italian you could beam there in an instant and get authentic meals instead of going to your local restaurant. Holidays with no 12hr flights that's an extra day on your holiday + no screaming brats on the plane. sounds awesome sign me up.

Except the scenario given in #1 to points to a replicator, in which more than 1 of "you" could come out of the machine. You can't be both them, invaliding that it's you at all, just other entities that are copies of you.

Shanadeus

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
The thing on the other end *is* you, no matter how much you think it isn't. Sci-fi has muddled your brain with the idea of cloning. Just because one body existed before the other doesn't mean that the recreation is somehow different.

The self-conciousness thing is just a ruse your brain develops to protect itself. You aren't going to lose some undefinable bit of "self" just because your body is disintegrated and recreated billions of miles away.

The re-creation or copy isn't different in any way except by it not being the original person stepping into the teleporter. If we had an non-sentient object such as a rock, and used the teleporting technology to merely create a duplicate of it - would you stand there and claim that both rocks are the same rock? That if I destroyed one rock, the other would also be destroyed since they are after all the very same rock. If you realize that they are not the same rock, while they at the same time are as they have the exact same properties, then you have stumbled upon the inaccuracy and ambiguity of our language - with it's definition of "the same" being too wide of a definition.

samus i am said:
We are hypothesizing on technology that is 300 or 400 years away from being created. I am sure if we told Christopher Columbus that a flight from Spain to America would only take 6 hours he would have thought we were crazy.

I honestly doubt that, it'd be based on the same principles as his times travel - you are sitting in a vessel which takes him from point A to B. He would perhaps fear his life and doubt the flying vessel would stay in the air, and would of course need to be properly informed about the risks of airtravel.

samus i am said:
If you had advance insider knowledge that your hometown was being hit by a nuclear bomb would you jump in the transporter and beam away? Would you say "The person that survives the nuclear blast wont be me so no, I will not escape."?

Of course I would use one in the face of impending death, an copy of me living on is more beneficial than nothing of me living on - it's the same reason people have kids, except here that copy would be my legacy. I still wouldn't survive and whether I was destroyed in the teleporter or remained behind to get burnt by the atomic blast would be up to me I guess as I'd die any way.

samus i am said:
On that same note what if your Mom or another family member used a transporter. If they tried to talk to you would you say "No person that walks, talks, thinks, acts, has the same memories, as my Mom. You are a copy and not the real thing."?

And as for if anyone else would use the transporter, being fully informed of what it entails, I'd treat the copy the exactly same way as I treated the original - they would for all intents and purposes be the same person in my eyes, even if they're only qualitatively identical.

If you were to view yourself as an object in four dimensions as per Perdurantism then you would be a "worm" threading itself through the four-dimensional space-time all the way up to the entrance to the teleporter:

wknyw9.jpg

Ending, while a second four-dimensional being with the exactly same consciousness is created at point B. In my own subjective eyes, I have died, in the eyes of the being created at point B I am alive - but that isn't something I, worm A, care about right now.

Mudkips

Banned
Zophar said:
The matter that composes you is 99% empty space. Your consciousness is, in all likelihood, and illusion generated by your brain. Freaked out yet?

An illusion presented to whom?

I can look at any system and, with enough time, define it completely deterministically.
Everything a person does is nothing but a complicated response to what it perceives.
As an outside observer, it is impossible to show that anything is anything more than a deterministic machine.

As an individual, I have awareness, perception, consciousness, whatever.
I cannot prove that the same exists in any other organism, nor is there any evidence that it does.

For all I know, I am the only conscious entity in the universe, somehow tied to this loosely defined lump of matter that is a human. But you cannot suggest, to an individual, that their idea of self is nothing but the sum total of all interactions going on within their brain or body as a whole. Even if you define "self" as some non-physical, unified preceptor/actor tied to an individual body, the idea of self can always be 1 step removed from the sum total.

It's the whole idea behind cogito ergo sum.

And hell yes I'd use a matter transporter. I just wouldn't use it on myself.
Transport me a pizza. Transport me them new vidjagaems. Bring the world to me.

Seep

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Except the scenario given in #1 to points to a replicator, in which more than 1 of "you" could come out of the machine. You can't be both them, invaliding that it's you at all, just other entities that are copies of you.

But if the "old" you is vaporised and only 1 "new" you is created then it's exactly the same as it was before you entered the teleporter. So it's just plain old you.

Zenith

Banned
samus i am said:
Argument 2: When you beam, your matter is converted to energy and reconstructed at its intended destination. You are as original as ever.

The first post in the OP already breaks it down. In the original Star Trek you are a exact copy. In TNG you are "you" - the same.

when your matter is converted to energy (i.e. electrons inputted into a computer) this is when you die. The computer then reads those electrons and outputs the info via replicator like technology.

ckohler said:
SMH. Guys, here's what the TNG Technical Manual says about transporters and preserving living consciousness. It's from the section discussing replicator limitations and how replicators generate matter at the molecular level versus transporters which scan at the quantum level:

So, according to Star Trek cannon, reassembling lifeform electron shell activity and atomic motions is what allows living conciseness to survive the transport process.

actually that section only further reinforces the idea that you are a copy.

The above paragraph is explaining why Replicators aren't precisely accurate when creating food, etc. A quantum level pattern (like a transporter pattern) is too big to be stored in memory so it uses a pattern that only has molecular-level resolution. The transporter has the pattern buffer and a huge amount of energy to keep the pattern temporarily circling before it's outputted. The data will degrade if not outputted in time. All that stuff about electron shells is just saying how the transporter makes an accurate copy out of you. It does nothing to preserve the original "you". It is saying how replicator technology was based off transporter tech. The fact that replicators use the same sparkling effect and sound should tell you something.

smh. Why would the original you be experiencing what the "new you" is experiencing? It is a 100% perfect organic facsimile of you created by a computer. No one else could tell the difference but you'd still be dead, replaced by the copy.

the simplest thought experiment and rationalisation disproves that it is you. This is also why replacing your brain with a computer that would never break down is also a no-no unless you're just concerned about leaving your legacy behind when you die.

Son of Godzilla said:

Seep said:
But if the "old" you is vaporised and only 1 "new" you is created then it's exactly the same as it was before you entered the teleporter. So it's just plain old you.

The fact it's just a replicating machine that makes duplicates you doesn't mean it's really you. If 10 came out, it's not you, just replications. All you end up doing was killing the original person, doesn't stop the ability to replicate more than 1 of you at one time. Your existence is gone. Someone else, potentially multiple ones are experience existence when you already ceased.

If someone replicated you exactly right now, is that person you when you still exist? Just because I can destroy you to make sure there is only one doesn't negate the fact I destroyed your existence.

Shanadeus

Banned
gutter_trash said:
this thread has now ruined the way I watch Star Trek,
all I see is continuous suicide now
Don't worry, it's not exactly suicide I believe in Star Trek. They use a different technology.

Seep

Zenith said:
smh. Why would the original you be experiencing what the "new you" is experiencing? It is a 100% perfect organic facsimile of you created by a computer. No one else could tell the difference but you'd still be dead, replaced by the copy.

Why wouldn't the new me be experiencing the same as the old me if it's a perfect copy fibre for fibre.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
The fact it's just a replicating machine that makes duplicates you doesn't mean it's really you. If 10 came out, it's not you, just replications. All you end up doing was killing the original person, doesn't stop the ability to replicate more than 1 of you at one time. Your existence is gone. Someone else, potentially multiple ones are experience existence when you already ceased.

If someone replicated you exactly right now, is that person you when you still exist? Just because I can destroy you to make sure there is only one doesn't negate the fact I destroyed your existence.

Only I would know the difference, scientists my missus or my kids would not have the slightest clue.

Still waiting for someone to explain what gets lost in the process. Without using mind/matter dualism.

And stop using the word clone. "Exact copy" is the right word, a clone is by biological standards never the same.

And another thing I'm curious over is what science would define the teleported you as not being you?

LCfiner

fascinating thread. I love how seriously we all take the question.

fwiw, if the tech existed EXACTY as on star trek with all associated bullshit pseudo science behind it, then yes, I would use it.

If it exists in the way people are explaining it's use in the "real world" and the requirements of death and recreation, then no, I wouldn't use it

Shanadeus

Banned
jakershaker said:
Still waiting for someone to explain what gets lost in the process. Without using mind/matter dualism.
In my perspective, I would get lost.

jakershaker said:
And stop using the word clone. "Exact copy" is the right word, a clone is by biological standards never the same.

And another thing I'm curious over is what science would define the teleported you as not being you?
Oh it'd define it as qualitatively identical to the being that stepped into the teleporter at point A. It'd still be regarded as a whole new person, even if it's identical to you - as can be show by extending this little scenario to creating more than just one person.

I in turn direct you to read my little example with the identical non-sentient objects.

Ducarmel

I always wished I could live long enough to one day to see star trek/star wars tech especially the teleporter, after reading this thread fuck that shit.

Worm holes, event horizons, rips in space and time, instant transmission FTW!

Shanadeus said:
Oh it'd define it as qualitatively identical to the being that stepped into the teleporter at point A. It'd still be regarded as a whole new person, even if it's identical to you - as can be show by extending this little scenario to creating more than just one person.

I in turn direct you to read my little example with the identical non-sentient objects.

I'm having a hard time believing that any branch of science would regard a teleported person as a new one. It doesn't make sense in any way.

Just as a teleported rock would be the same rock.

If you can't by any way define what the difference is, if any, then it's the same.

Still waiting for good examples on how any science would manage to define any teleported object as a new object when it's in fact an object that has been reassembled.

Evlar

Banned
jakershaker said:
I'm having a hard time believing that any branch of science would regard a teleported person as a new one. It doesn't make sense in any way.

If you can't by any way define what the difference is, if any, then it's the same.

Still waiting for good examples on how any science would manage to define any teleported object as a new object when it's in fact an object that has been reassembled.
The difference is obvious, and among the most elemental differences in the physical sciences: spatial.

EDIT: I would add that the nature of the Teleporter as a remote cloning device is obscured by one of its magical properties: it destroys the original. Presumably, if an adequate power supply is available at the receiving end, this would not be necessary under any conventional understanding of the conservation of energy, meaning two of whatever-is-teleported would be the expected normal function.

Evlar said:
The difference is obvious, and among the most elemental differences in the physical sciences: spatial.

EDIT: I would add that the nature of the Teleporter as a remote cloning device is obscured by one of its magical properties: it destroys the original. Presumably, if an adequate power supply is available at the receiving end, this would not be necessary under any conventional understanding of the conservation of energy, meaning two of whatever-is-teleported would be the expected normal function.

Something tells me that the spatial difference should be expected when you're teleporting things.

J-Rod

I think the idea of the original not being terminated and having them both existing at the same time pretty much proves that this teleportaion method means one is dying, because there would be two distinct mental existences though they are exactly the same. Cutting one off at the same moment the new one is formed doesn't mean the old one's existence magically jumps over to where the new one's starts.

J-Rod said:
I think the idea of the original not being terminated and having them both existing at the same time pretty much proves that this teleportaion method means one is dying, because there would be two distinct mental existences though they are exactly the same. Cutting one off at the same moment the new one is formed doesn't mean the old one's existence magically jumps over to where the new one's starts.

Or even allowing for the destruction of the original as being necessary for the data storing process, there would be no scientific problem with creating an unlimited number of similtaneous duplicates, rather than just one.

jakershaker said:

If all the best scientific minds can't agree on the nature of conciousness, I wouldn't bother asking for us to explain instead.

Graphics Horse said:
If all the best scientific minds can't agree on the nature of conciousness, I wouldn't bother asking for us to explain instead.

Haven't seen dualism making any kind of comeback recently and don't expect it ever will. For me the interesting discussion is outside any scenario containing assumptions about dualism anyway. I'm not expecting anyone to explain it, just to define what goes missing in the process without making up words for soul(if you mean soul just say it ^^).

Whats wrong with asking for defined arguments in this super serious discussion about a Star Trek teleporter :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Shanadeus said:
In my perspective, I would get lost.
no, you'd be quite convinced it worked exactly as it said on the tin.

i imagine you'd run out and tell your friends they just had to try it, you'd tell them about the doubts you had but explain how pleasantly surprised to find yourself whole and hale on the other side. you might even talk your family into using them for your next vacation.

Jakershaker I think you need to learn the difference between objectivity and subjectivity because you're displaying a fundamental misunderstanding about this.

Nexus Zero said:
Jakershaker I think you need to learn the difference between objectivity and subjectivity because you're displaying a fundamental misunderstanding about this.

Well it's getting kind of late. Anyway, lets hope this gets back on topic instead.

Arment

Wickerbasket said:
It was really after watching 'The Illusionist' that I realised how fucked up the idea of teleportation is. In 'The Illusionist'
the only difference in the machine used from a star trek teleporter is that, the orginal still exists therefore needs to be disposed of for their only to be one 'original' remaining

You mean The Prestige? :lol

And the fundamental difference is that The Prestige machine is a
copy maker
while Star Trek transporters transport you from A to B. Everything is the same, you're just being transported by means far above our technical understanding.

Therefor I would use the machine, as you are not being killed and cloned, just transported.

Shanadeus

Banned
jakershaker said:
Haven't seen dualism making any kind of comeback recently and don't expect it ever will. For me the interesting discussion is outside any scenario containing assumptions about dualism anyway. I'm not expecting anyone to explain it, just to define what goes missing in the process without making up words for soul(if you mean soul just say it ^^).

Whats wrong with asking for defined arguments in this super serious discussion about a Star Trek teleporter :lol
There's been loads of arguments made, and I don't think even a single one involves dualism or anything metaphysical like that.

jakershaker said:

The re-creation or copy isn't different in any way except by it not being the original person stepping into the teleporter. If we had an non-sentient object such as a rock, and used the teleporting technology to merely create a duplicate of it - would you stand there and claim that both rocks are the same rock? That if I destroyed one rock, the other would also be destroyed since they are after all the very same rock. If you realize that they are not the same rock, while they at the same time are as they have the exact same properties, then you have stumbled upon the inaccuracy and ambiguity of our language - with it's definition of "the same" being too wide of a definition.

Again, the situation created when you teleport is that an object is destroyed - while a perfect blueprint of the object is saved in the computer. The computer then create a new object with the help of this blueprint, an object that is identical to the first one. This is pretty much what scenario two teleportation entails you destroy and analyze an object down to quantum level and then you create an identical object at the end destination with the help of this blueprint. Scientifically speaking, they're not the same object at the same time that they are identical - if you break down the teleportation process then you must realize that.

In my example with the rock I am trying to show you why this is a dilemma that arises out of our use of an very imprecise language, if we use this machine just to analyze the first object without destroying it and then create an identical copy of it - are they both the same object? If we were to name the rock "Peter" and later pulverized one of the rocks - would you say that "Peter" has been destroyed? Or would you while staring at the pulverized remains of the second rock say that "Peter" hasn't been pulverized at all?

You're not really wrong at all to say that Peter hasn't been destroyed even though we just pulverized Peter, because both rocks are peter. And that is what I've been trying to explain, the words we use to denote the rocks, or the person entering and leaving the teleporter, are too "wide" semantically speaking.

Gaborn said:
Then what ARE you? Your body? So every time you cut yourself the "you" that is "you" dies? Your body naturally replaces every cell in your body every 7 years or so, so unless you're 6 or so you're not really "you" by the definition you seem to be suggesting.

I think it was Terry Pratchett that came up with the analogy of a hunting knife. It's been passed down in a family for almost 200 years. Oh sure, the blade's been sharpened over time, it even got replaced once when it snapped off. The handle too, that handle has been repaired, rebuffed, and replaced - But it's still a 200 year old knife. Or is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

The ship wherein Theseus and the youth of Athens returned [from Crete] had thirty oars, and was preserved by the Athenians down even to the time of Demetrius Phalereus, for they took away the old planks as they decayed, putting in new and stronger timber in their place, insomuch that this ship became a standing example among the philosophers, for the logical question of things that grow; one side holding that the ship remained the same, and the other contending that it was not the same.

Yep, it's an age old argument that's been brought up in mind uploading discussions as well.
And many attempts have been made at solving this paradox:

In one sense things can be "qualitatively identical", by sharing some properties. In another sense they might be "numerically identical" by being "one". As an example, consider two different marbles that look identical. They would be qualitatively, but not numerically, identical. A marble can be numerically identical only to itself.

One solution to this paradox may come from the concept of four-dimensionalism. Ted Sider and others have proposed that these problems can be solved by considering all things as four-dimensional objects. An object is a spatially extended three-dimensional thing that also extends across the fourth dimension of time. This four-dimensional object is made up of three-dimensional time-slices. These are spatially extended things that exist only at individual points in time. An object is made up of a series of causally related time-slices. All time-slices are numerically identical to themselves. And the whole aggregate of time-slices, namely the four-dimensional object, is also numerically identical with itself. But the individual time-slices can have qualities that differ from each other.
As a four-dimensional object in spacetime, I would be destroyed at point A and reconstituted at point B. But I assume you will simply see it as your four-dimensional existance "skipping" or taking a big jump between point A and B while staying the same individual. Which would then make me have to reiterate what I previously said:

What if a person wasn't destroyed in the teleportation process, but lived on instead while the copy ended up at point B?
Would you still define A and B as the same person? And I'm not speaking of a nano- or millisecond after they'd undeniably diverge, but the exact moment A is copied and B is created.

They would in one sense be the same person, and that's just a failing of our own language to precisely define who we are. Because while they'd have identical consciousnesses, they couldn't be the same person as they'd exist as separate entities simultaneously.

The simplest way I can convey what I mean is to think of your consciousness as a river moving through time and space, parts of it being lost and others being added to the entire flow until it at one point could be considered to contain none of the original fluids from when the stream started - while remaining the same river as these changes would have taken time and the whole of the river adapted to the gradual loss and addition of water.

And even this metaphor doesn't precisely encapsulate my views on the matter, and I chalk it up to my, perhaps our, language not being precise enough. Words such as "same", "me" and "existence" are too wide and loose definitionally speaking for a discussion such as this.

Pandaman said:
no, you'd be quite convinced it worked exactly as it said on the tin.

i imagine you'd run out and tell your friends they just had to try it, you'd tell them about the doubts you had but explain how pleasantly surprised to find yourself whole and hale on the other side. you might even talk your family into using them for your next vacation.
Oh that wouldn't be me, it'd be my copy.
I would be lost, I being the conscious four-dimensional creature that steps into the teleporter.
I would at the same time step out of it and try never again to use the teleporter, because I wouldn't want to lose myself.

jakershaker said:

Your word for it was illusion, the illusion would be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom