• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, what do you want to see in the new The Legend of Zelda (GC) game?

AniHawk said:
GAMES WITH GANONODORF/GANON:
The Legend of Zelda
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures

GAMES WITH ZELDA:
The Legend of Zelda
Adventures of Link
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventures

And there have only been 4/5 games in the series which have the same storyline:
OoT > TWW > LoZ/ALttP > AoL

I really would like the new game to take place in the main storyline. I don't think there's anything wrong with Ganondorf or Zelda (especially since the series is NAMED AFTER HER), just as long as they aren't tacked on at the end
like how horribly it was done in Four Swords Adventures

Zelda was in MM's. I'd forgotten about her appearance but when you pick up the Ocarina (3rd day, 1st cycle), you get a cutscene with Zelda in it.

AniHawk

TheGreenGiant said:
Zelda was in MM's. I'd forgotten about her appearance but when you pick up the Ocarina (3rd day, 1st cycle), you get a cutscene with Zelda in it.

She was in Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons as well, but those games weren't centralized around her rescue, and featured only brief appearances.

Vargas

Why must you be so difficult? Just support my idea of a Ganon and Zelda free Zelda game. Link should get the axe also. I just plain don't like him, now a kung fu dog would be awesome as a main character. He would get the chicks.

Vargas said:
Why must you be so difficult? Just support my idea of a Ganon and Zelda free Zelda game. Link should get the axe also. I just plain don't like him, now a kung fu dog would be awesome as a main character. He would get the chicks.

link axe? teh ban. kung fu dog? go play simpsons drivin game.

TheGreenGiant said:
no one else had a problem with the constant inventory swappage?
I personally don't have a problem with the inventory, as there are always 3 buttons you can map items to, which is a lot compared to most games. MGS2 allows you one weapon and one item at a time, but also has on-the-fly inventory management. I don't necessarily think that would be the right direction to go. That might be something they'd want to experiment with. But I quite like how it's done in OOT-WW anyhow.

Nikashi

Banned
I want this game to take place directly after Adventures of Link and deal with reclaiming the monster infested wasteland that was once lush, green Hyrule. ANd judging from some of the early shots, that might be what's happening (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE).

And the rediscovery of the Master Sword, of course :)

geogaddi

Banned
I don't call myself a real Zelda fan because I haven't played the Oracle games, because, quite frankly, I am very skeptical of them since I can't really trust Capcom to handle one of my most nostalgic and favorite games of all time.

Anyone here think the Oracle games are any good, up to par with the "nintendo seal of quality", so to speak?

beerbelly

Banned
I want this game to have as many dungeons as OoT and 2-3 times as much of the miniquests found in Majora's Mask. I want some side quests that requires me to be familiar with an area and to be able to alter the environments maybe similar to Dark Cloud's town-building.

Tritroid

AniHawk said:
That'd be like including Link's Awakening in the Zelda list because she tells Link to go on the voyage in the first place.
Buh? No she doesn't. :p The only mention of Zelda in Link's Awakening is the very beginning when Link mistakes Marin for Zelda.

And Zelda actually plays a pretty big role in the Oracles, though some people don't really know it. Connecting the two games reveals the true plot of Twinrova, that included sacrificing Zelda in order to revive Ganon. So in the end, she needs rescuing after being kidnapped in classic form.

AniHawk

Tritroid said:
Buh? No she doesn't. :p The only mention of Zelda in Link's Awakening is the very beginning when Link mistakes Marin for Zelda.

I thought that was part of the backstory. I thought I read it in the manual years ago.

Tritroid

AniHawk said:
I thought that was part of the backstory. I thought I read it in the manual years ago.
Nah:

Though you fufilled the Hyrulian prophecy of the Legendary Hero and destroyed
the evil tyrant Ganon, the land of Hyrule enjoyed only a precarious peace. "Who
knows what threats may arise from Ganon's ashes?" the restless people murmured
as they knitted their brows and shook their heads. Ever vigilant, you decided to
journey away from Hyrule on a quest for enlightenment, in search of wisdom that
would make you better able to withstand the next threat to your homeland.
Months of difficult travel passed. After a long and fruitful voyage, you
breathed deeply the sea spray from the deck of the ship that carried you home to
Hyrule. But your homecoming was not to be. Suddenly a squall struck your ship,
and though you valiantly fought the waves, a lightning bolt reduced your ship to
splinters.

Your world faded to black as you sink into the darkness of the storm-tossed
sea with the remains of your craft. But in the cold darkness of the deep, you
heard a comforting voice that reminded you of home. It was the voice of Princess
Zelda!

"You're going to be all right!" the voice said. "What a relief!"

You opened your eyes to find Princess Zelda standing over you - or was it?!
Actually, it turned out to be a woman named Marin. She explained that you had
drifted with the wreckage of your ship to the shores of Koholint Island. This
mysterious island was unique for the gigantic egg which crowned its centeral
mountain... etc.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
- Challenge
- bigger world with many hidden places.
- no more sailing and no flying
- more enemies
- darker story
- more dungeons
- metal soundtrack (Zelda Theme Song by Iron Maiden? Bring it on!)

edit : Son -y + g

Kon Tiki

Banned
- Milk maid hookers.
- Replace master sword with Squall's gunblade.
- Link dresses like a man as a disguise.

Edit: Tritroid, wtf man? You do not want challenge?

shibbs

Well.. basicly i want the same stuff everybody wants.

- more towns (i love towns :eek:)
- new items
- enough dungeons (about 8)
- land but i would like a sea
- more shops

ge-man

I wouldn't mind seeing a revamping of the controls. Actually, I think if Nintendo is serious about updating the fighting egine this will be unavoidable. The z trigger is virtually unused, maybe it's time to use it for cycle functionality? That will free up the y and x buttons for different battle functions and allow the R trigger to remain as the guard button. Hopefully will get a combo based system like SC2 or VJ. Bring back the sword master for this game and let a play a vital role in increasing Link's knowledge of swordplay. Hopefully Nintendo can make this work while at the same time keeping the pick up and play aspect.

Another thing I would to see is making spells or magic items count. I was never forced to used to shield or warp spells in OOT, and the magic sheild is really not worth looking for in TWW. When I think about, this probably should fall under the challenge aspect. A tougher design in the vain of the original LOZ would make this little things worth wanting to find and use.

I want more time based gameplay. TWW was a step down from MM in that respect, plus I thought it sucked that time didn't pass in real time whenever you're on a populated island. While not centering the game completely on timed based tasks, a return of the MM system would be welcomed just for the immersion.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
even though my own wishes are in the beginning of this thread, after reading through it... I'd prefer nintendo treat this as a "what NOT to do with zelda" rather than how it should change =\

AssMan

Banned
It would be nice if Nintendo could make one of the environments REALLY phucked up looking in a bizzare way. Something along the lines of where the NPC's in the village or town resembles character designs, like in Nightmare Before Christmas or Stinky Cheese Man.

TheDiave

Banned
A scene where Link encounters this goofy kid with an Xbox hat and a PS2 t-shirt jumping up and down shouting "teh kiddy," and in one swift motion, grabs him, spins, and lops his head clean off (aka Mark of Kri).

That'd be sweeeeeeeet.

AniHawk

TheDiave said:
A scene where Link encounters this goofy kid with an Xbox hat and a PS2 t-shirt jumping up and down shouting "teh kiddy," and in one swift motion, grabs him, spins, and lops his head clean off (aka Mark of Kri).

That'd be sweeeeeeeet.

It just wouldn't be Zelda, you know what I mean?

GIR

Banned
What I want:
-Fierce Deity Link.
-Dynamic Music.
-Iron Knuckles.
-More Iron Knuckles.
-A Dungeon full of Iron Knuckles and the boss is one big bad ass Iron Knuckle.
-A fight featuring that kick ass sword Ganon was using in the Space World demo.
-Mirror shield puzzles.
-A backflipping sword uppercut move. (see Tusk in Killer Instinct)
-A sword move using the handle to conk enemies on the head with.

What I don't want:
-Voice acting.
-Dampe.

That is all :)

Top Bottom