• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some good support for the PSVR coming from E3

ranmafan

For me the PSVR announcements have been the real highlights for me this e3. Very excited for what's been announced and looking forward to the future of psvr even more. Especially after the Skyrim Vr announcement, which is a dream game for me. It's also made me really hopeful especially for tgs this year. Considering how popular psvr has been in Japan and how many people still want it and can't get it (still can't believe you can't buy one here in stores yet), I'm hoping that excitement will lead to some nice annocements at TGS by Japanese developers.

Elfstruck

For such an expensive accessory that's only been out for a year I expected more variety. Time crisis / point to walk shooters have been the bulk of VR's content, so seeing mostly more of that was disappointing. There were of course a few games that stood out Skyrim, Moss, The Inpatient and that weird game Ubisoft are making all look potentially neat, but I was hoping for a stronger AAA push from Sony.

Well, Sony did invest in 2 WWS studios just for VR. I expect both to be AAA.

Usobuko

Banned
Just curious, how many space exploration VR content is on PSVR concurrently?

I really dig exploration VR content.

Kalentan

Just curious, how many space exploration VR content is on PSVR concurrently?

I really dig exploration VR content.

None at the moment. There is a fair amount (at least in comparison to the amount of PSVR games there are currently) that are games that take place in space. But mostly they're space ship shooters.

pagrab

Yeah. Lots of nice support. Planning to get my hands on Skyrim VR, FF15 Monsters of the Deep and Gran Turismo Sport tomorrow.

Saw a guy playing Legolas with bow & arrow in Skyrim today.

Please, do ask them. I am really dying to know, as I hate teleportation system in VR games.
(EDIT: quoted the wrong answer - what I meant is, please ask them about free movement)

I think the thing with PSVR is well, major titles went going to commit until sales seemed solid enough. Considering they are now the VR market leader (iirc that is) I think we will see more pop up as the years goes by.

Crayon

I'm willing to try the teleportation stuff, but I'd like an option because so far I've only tried vr once but I didn't get sick even with a fast game that got choppy in parts.

eFKac

Indeed, very solid support.

Only disappointing thing was the lack of BF2 VR implementation, all those rumours leaks and pr statements made it seem like it's gonna have one and now it looks there may not be anything.

Loudninja

Bravo Team as Aim support
Getting our hands on the Aim controller was an enormous inspiration for this. Supermassive Games has always enjoyed designing and building around the best features of great new controllers – and the Aim is no exception. Feeling that you are actually holding and interacting with the weapons in Bravo Team is incredibly exciting to us and elevates the experience to an entirely new level.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...tactical-co-op-shooter-bravo-team/#sf88079818

Was looking to find more info on VR stuff consolidated. Glad I came across this thread. It's a shame we aren't getting even more content yet.

Elandyll

Banned
I wanted to get one day one just because but I really had to wait for games.

They're here now. Time to pony up.
Hehe rhat was my thinking too. Have been on the fence between a pro or psvr, planning on one or the otherbthis end of year.

Seeing these games make me want one...

Mr. Hyde

I really want a VR system. I hope it keeps growing. With the new PC VR systems that use less wires and the growing game library, I'm excited for its future.

Wollan

I bailed on the Skyrim queue as I had to wait 4 hours 30 to play 10 minutes. But all three of Bethesdas VR offerings are looking well implemented (and we already know that they are meaty). Love the bullet-time in Doom when choosing teleportation point and dual wielding + bow & string action in Skyrim.

Yeah, it's been an excellent show for PlayStation VR. I know some were concerned it may not get much attention, but it's actually got more support than even I was expecting -- and I was optimistic.

Really exciting.

120v

as an oculus owner i'm pretty jealous of the PSVR rollout. definitely tempted to impulse buy if the budget pares out this holiday

Gaz_RB

Im incredibly happy they aren't just dropping VR like they usually do their other offshoot endevours. I'll be picking up a lot of those games.

Does doom use the aim controller?

ChouGoku

God I can't wait until Skyrim, I really wanted a game in VR I could spend 100+ hours in. Games like RE7 and Farpoint are cool but I am glad for an open world game

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Picked up a Pro last month and a VR this month and very happy with both. If only Sony would make some solution for 16 work days that leave me too tired to play anything.

Ah well, that's how I make the cheddar to be so irresponsible.

I'll probably pick up most of the stuff listed. It's a good time to have a psvr!

First trailer for The Persistence had left me pretty cold, but this game play showcase actually has me interested. RE7 has shown that survival horror in VR can be pretty powerful when done right.

Burglekutt

Great E3. I was hoping for maybe 3 or 4 psvr games announced and I would have been happy with just a Skyrim VR announcement. Sony really stepped up with great PSVR support.

FingerBang

Definitely happy with the games they announced, and the fact that Bethesda is on board, bringing their most famous franchises to VR, is great.

I really hope they take advantage of PS4 pro though... Supersampling is essential for VR.

Spill them beans!

I want a PSVR so bad right now lol. Just need to pony up the cash.

lol, don't know the actual games they are working on but these sony studios are working on PSVR games:

- London Studio
- Manchester Studio
- Japan Studio
- Santa Monica Studio

Plus, Media Molecule's Dreams and Polyphony Digital GT Sport

As a PSVR owner I was very heartened to see the VR montage during Sony's press conference. There looks to be a lot of good stuff on the horizon.

TheMan

any more info on gt sport vr?

not all tracks supported
no online mulitplayer
you can only race against one other car at a time
unclear if all cars included, but I would guess not

Aside from GT sport being dumbed down, I'm also excited by the level of support our little headset is getting. Really curious about Warthunder though, they should just cancel that shit. Also, ultrawings was supposed to coming relatively soon, I was hoping we'd hear something at E3. Also, I want a mech game that's not a rail-shooter.

they did say it would really hit it's stride in a year. also they've eclipsed 1M in sales so I'm sure all the devs and pubs who were gun-shy about it are ready to support

Listonosh

This was a great E3 for PSVR owners.

For the love of Christ though, give us a HDR capable breakout box with no signal dropouts.

Whoa, so that's what's causing that. I was ready to start blaming my TV, but this has been annoying me pretty recently. Jesus.

Aside from that, hell yes, very happy with the PSVR showing during this E3. And for the love of god, RELEASE SUPERHOT VR TODAY

Top Bottom