• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone Has Found All 900 Korok Seeds In Zelda

From now on everytime I get a seed from a Korok telling me "Yay! You found me! Take this" I'll think of them saying "Yay! You found me, take my shit! Bye!".

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
- Nintendo makes collecting all seeds a requirement to max inventory space: "Fuck Nintendo, I want to max out my inventory space without having to spend hundreds of hours searching for every last seed.".
- Nintendo makes it so that you only need half of the seeds, but puts a good reward for collecting 900 seeds: "Fuck Nintendo, they locked a good reward behind spending hundreds of hours searching for every last seed?".
- Nintendo puts a bragging rights reward for collecting 900 seeds: "Fuck Nintendo, they expect me to spend hundreds of hours searching for every last seed for this shitty reward?".
- Nintendo makes it so there are only 200 seeds in the game: "I enjoyed searching for all the Korok seeds, this is good game design."

Dryk

Guess what I'm not going to collect 900 of.
You're not supposed to collect them all. That's been abundantly clear from the point that we learnt that you only need 441/900 to max the inventory.

- Nintendo makes it so there are only 200 seeds in the game: "I enjoyed searching for all the Korok seeds, this is good game design."
I think the idea is that the world is huge so if there were only 200 they'd be harder to find unless people actively went looking for them. The way its set up now the average person wandering around is bound to run into a bunch and be able to fill out a few of their inventory slots.

I think it's good game design as it stands

Chumley

Banned
I don't want to think about how much this person must have been playing the game since release. Probably nearly 24/7.

rekameohs

Banned
You really don't see the benefit of having a ton of them and only having half have a pertinent value to the player, with a plethora of upgrades along the way? 200 spread all over that massive overworld, where every single one is needed, would be an awful way to hide them to me.

How about only 2? But there's no hint on that map, and you need both of them to get the upgrade. Randomly placed so you can't just look online, obviously. Would that be even better?

BouncyFrag

negativeman.png

Dsyndrome

You're not supposed to collect them all. That's been abundantly clear from the point that we learnt that you only need 441/900 to max the inventory.

Who the fuck wants to search for more than 400 Korok seeds to max (something many folks try to do)? People got fed up with Riddler trophies and their innovations and you think they want to search for way more Korok seeds?

Anteo

Damn, I didn't care about spoiling the reward since I don't know if I'd ever actually get them all without a guide, but I wouldn't have clicked the link if I'd known the BotW tunic was in the picture, I was gonna gun for all the Shrines and wanted its appearance to be a surprise ):

Looks interesting, hopefully the side quest you do to get it explains why it looks the way it does.

The color? Are you aware there is a npc that can dye clothes?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I like collecting them though, not usually a collecting fan but they do it really well here...only to shit on you for doing so.

Well consider collecting and solving various puzzles to obtain them as a reward in itself then, since you "like" and enjoy doing it.. Like many have said, they serve a very important purpose to increase your inventory and you do not need all of them to do it for full capacity. And you actually have fun doing it! So why can't be that "fun" it's own reward?

It's just a harmless joke, a hilarious one.

What do you expect to get for collecting all 900? Something like the Ultimate Sword or something? Hahah.

i've only actually found one of these. I'll probably go look up a guide to find some more cause im getting really annoyed by the limited inventory space

Its like the proposal ring on BB to try your luck and marry the queen of the vilebloods, its a rare drop (super rare) from the chalices and the result is quite something

Jeff-DSA

All scores for this game will be adjust up to 10/10. In cases where a 10 was already awarded, it will be bumped to 11/10. Also, any reviewer that can't post video of them having this reward shall be shamed.

Anth0ny

They just added up all major events and collectibles and divided 100 by it, which is fine.

I mean let's be honest, if they arbitrarily made dungeons 10-20% each and compressed the korok seeds into a smaller percentage, would it really be any less annoying seeing "95% complete" than "27% complete?"

eh, GTA5 doesn't require you to do every last thing to get 100%

they didn't need to make us get every damn korok seed to get 100% completion, let alone make 900 korok seeds worth 70%. I finished the game after beating the dungeons and saw 12% and was like WOAH holy shit how much side content is there???

and it's korok seeds. korok seeds everywhere.

- Nintendo makes collecting all seeds a requirement to max inventory space: "Fuck Nintendo, I want to max out my inventory space without having to spend hundreds of hours searching for every last seed.".
- Nintendo makes it so that you only need half of the seeds, but puts a good reward for collecting 900 seeds: "Fuck Nintendo, they locked a good reward behind spending hundreds of hours searching for every last seed?".
- Nintendo puts a bragging rights reward for collecting 900 seeds: "Fuck Nintendo, they expect me to spend hundreds of hours searching for every last seed for this shitty reward?".

LOL.

This post is so on point it made my head spin.

i've only actually found one of these. I'll probably go look up a guide to find some more cause im getting really annoyed by the limited inventory space

If you ever walk by something that looks really odd in the environment its usually a korok "puzzle". Eventually you'll start to notice many similar puzzles so you can spot them easier.

Zekes!

Wait...there's 900 fucking Korok Seeds?

edit: Damn, when I saw the image in the link I thought the reward was
Link's green tunic. Took me a sec to see what it actually was

Crayolan

they didn't need to make us get every damn korok seed to get 100% completion, let alone make 900 korok seeds worth 70%. I finished the game after beating the dungeons and saw 12% and was like WOAH holy shit how much side content is there???

They probably shouldn't have included seeds in completion percentage, but does it really matter? It's not like getting 100% does anything. Normal people wanting some sort of level of completion isn't that insane will just do all shrines.

LotusHD

Banned

Percentages aside, there's a bunch of shit to see and do in the game, so like... I find it difficult to actually be upset over that.

I like collecting them though, not usually a collecting fan but they do it really well here...only to shit on you for doing so.

So you want a good reward to be locked away like that? I'm not sure I quite understand.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I think the idea is that the world is huge so if there were only 200 they'd be harder to find unless people actively went looking for them. The way its set up now the average person wandering around is bound to run into a bunch and be able to fill out a few of their inventory slots.

I think it's good game design as it stands
If the intent is for them to be something you're supposed to be just something you randomly stumble upon, then there isn't much of a feeling of satisfaction when you find them. Actively searching for them isn't rewarding either, because 1 korok seed is only a fraction of an upgrade. It's a bad system that stems from the fact that they made the world too large to sustain consistently original and meaningful content.

Oh, so that's one way to find out just how many there are.

I'm up to 218 completely unguided, and from my extrapolation of the reward structure (
in terms of what I expected from potential inventory slots
) and my thoroughness in the past few days of play, I figured it would be in the neighbourhood of 300-400. Now that I think about it, though, I doubled my count over the weekend alone, and in my first few days of the game I wasn't really looking—so from all the places I missed, I could see 900 being the reality.

But it's just a staggering number far beyond my expectations, and certainly beyond my reach. A true 100% is definitely not happening. I was already thinking that Korok Seeds would be a write-off, though I'm quite close to clearing all shrines and
collecting and maxing out gear sets
without resorting to external aid, and that can be done quite readily in the range of 100-150 hours for sure.

Half the battle with the Korok hunt is recognizing a likely spot on sight as soon as you see it in the field. But now I wonder if there are entire categories of puzzles and clues I'm failing to spot.

The color? Are you aware there is a npc that can dye clothes?

I figured that it was dyed I mean the actual design of it. Skyward Sword, the game that takes place the furthest back in the timeline, Link is wearing like puffy flight pants. Then Spirit Tracks, the game that takes place most recently in the timeline, Link wears pants. This tunic has no pants and looks very hand-made with the stitching on the chest, I believe its name is Tunic of the Wild, so it's obviously meant to be The Hero's Tunic of legend but the Champion's outfit is a much more modern design that the Hero's tunic. I assume it's a throwback to the original Legend of Zelda game and tunic, but I'm just wondering if there's an in-game explanation for its look since there is a side quest to get it. (please don't tell me if there is or isn't, I still wanna find out for myself)

Speaking of the timelines though, do we know where BotW takes place yet? I've not yet beaten it so I don't know if one of the flashbacks or end-game cutscenes says it.

stephen08

I'm pretty sure the point of the reward is that it is shitty.

Like they need a lot of the stuff around the map so people can find it and get the upgrades and it's a big map so you need a lot of stuff.

You're not meant to find all of the seeds.

EDIT: It's the same reason why there's not a way to hunt them down but there is for shrines IMO.

Crayolan

Oh, so that's one way to find out just how many there are.

I'm up to 218 completely unguided, and from my extrapolation of the reward structure (
in terms of what I expected from potential inventory slots
) and my thoroughness in the past few days of play, I figured it would be in the neighbourhood of 300-400. Now that I think about it, though, I doubled my count over the weekend alone, and in my first few days of the game I wasn't really looking—so from all the places I missed, I could see 900 being the reality.

But it's just a staggering number far beyond my expectations, and certainly beyond my reach. A true 100% is definitely not happening. I was already thinking that Korok Seeds would be a write-off, though I'm quite close to clearing all shrines and
collecting and maxing out gear sets
without resorting to external aid, and that can be done quite readily in the range of 100-150 hours for sure.

Half the battle with the Korok hunt is recognizing a likely spot on sight as soon as you see it in the field. But now I wonder if there are entire categories of puzzles and clues I'm failing to spot.

Probably. 80 hours into the game I was still discovering new Korok puzzle types, well after I thought I had it all figured out. Considering I finished with less than 200 seeds and I combed over the entire map, I figure I must have never picked up on a several kinds of Korok tells.

Top Bottom