• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone posted on reddit a picture of their cousin that just had a cyst removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

Had a cyst on my tailbone, went through surgery. Now its just a tiny scab. Was not fun.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Does a (removed) vestigial tail make you more prone to this? I had no idea this was a thing

I will never understand why people drag reddits trash over here.
I will never understand why people knowingly enter reddit threads to thread shit on them for being reddit threads. I know this sounds nuts, but how about ignoring them?

Who cares where it comes from, especially something like pilonidal cysts, where being informed can help save you months of healing and torment.

Too big to be "believable," would have been plenty more disgusting if video or smaller hole in ass. Thats big enough to be fisted without lube :D

Kinyou

Maybe he'll get an iron butt.

JNgyX1b.jpg

irishcow

I'm a first year resident doing a month of surgery right now. I've done a couple of these procedures.

I'm assuming the procedure was for a pilonidal cyst. They are more common than you think.

CrankyJay

Banned
I will never understand why people knowingly enter reddit threads to thread shit on them for being reddit threads. I know this sounds nuts, but how about ignoring them?

Who cares where it comes from, especially something like pilonidal cysts, where being informed can help save you months of healing and torment.

I haven't seen anything informative. This seems more like a "look at this gross photo!" clickbait thread.

Saganator

Crazy. I was immediately grossed out by the pic and didn't want to look, but then became fascinated and ended up staring at it for a few minutes. How does something like that heal?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
My mom had a cyst on her boob somehow recently (apparently). Brief breast cancer scare not cool. When she told me more about it though I was like "oh that sounds like a cyst, people post pics and vids of those on the internet all the time" lol

irishcow

How does one get them and how do you avoid them?

It's thought to occur when loose hairs dig into your skin. Your body reacts and forms a cyst around it. It can get infected etc.

Risk factors are obesity, sedentary life style, sitting all day, lots of hair, poor hygiene.

Azulsky

How does one get them and how do you avoid them?

They are basically caused by a birth defect though irritating the area and ingrown hairs are plausible. The defect seems to be agitated by sitting on your sacrum(slouching). More common among people who sit all day.

They can't just leave it open like that. How would it heal?

I had a consult done about removal of mine and the surgeon said there are 2 schools of thought but he always closes them.

kd-z

Holy shit that was disgusting. A good thing I had my fingers ready on ctrl + w, closed that shit superfast.

I had one of those fuckers myself 2 years ago. Luckily it was much smaller, so they were able to pull some skin over it, making it a much less gruesome picture. It still hurt like all hell - nowhere near as bad as it was before having it cut away, though. I wasn't even able to sit or lie on my back then.

The reason why these form isn't known, and to make things worse, if you had the precedent of having one, it's very likely you'll get them again at some point.

At least it desensitized my embarrassment of being naked around other people.

They can't just leave it open like that. How would it heal?

They do. There's nothing else they can do. It takes months to heal that hole

Scoot2005

Banned
Just a tip, don't google this. I need the eyewash now.

I'M DOING IT

Edit - That's not that bad. Just looks like a typical giant wound really. I'm used to medical pictures though. Not all of them but most. It's the really fucked up shit that gets me.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
exactly what part of his body that is? the reddit link says it's above his ass, but my mind can't comprehend where exactly it is. are those his legs at the bottom of the pic?

satori

I took care of a patient that had stage 4 pressure sore. Beside the tunneling....this looks much much worse, but not by much ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom