• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost Worlds Debut Trailer [Up: Wii U + 3DS screenshots]

Daingurse

Literally fifteen years later and people still cry about this?

10471559-puzzled-man-at-computer-shrugs-shoulders-and-expresses-lack-of-knowledge.jpg

I guess, haha. I never gave a shit.

Kazerei

Banned
Someone has probably said this already, but the trailer reminds me more of Super Mario 3D Land than Super Mario Galaxy. 3D environments with 2D-esque level design.

qq more

Literally fifteen years later and people still cry about this?
I'm surprised too. I mean... I like Classic Sonic more but I have no problems with Modern. What's worse is that I know people who avoid anything Sonic related as long as he has green eyes, no matter how good it is.

Pac Man is so scary. ;_;

He doesn't look too bad in that pic at least

trying to repress the memories of those grinning pics

augghgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

zainetor

Banned
I don't recall this ever happening. Unless this is a 2P thing?

I don't think anyone was saying otherwise...? Did I miss something?

it happened to me sometimes with normal sonic. With supersonic it's almost 100% sure.

Probably i red something wrong. It seemed to me that somebody was saying old sonics, didnt have bottomless pits.

Doorman

Well...it has my interest at least. I can only imagine how people would've reacted if this game were to come out before Mario Galaxy. I'll remain cautiously optimistic about this, I worry about what will happen when they try to get a bit too twisty with their level designs at high speed.

I hope that the Nintendo side of this partnership playtests the shit out of this and really helps them to nail the controls. I will never be disappointed to see a good platformer come around.

Some of the people in this thread are jaded as fuck about Sonic. This game looks really crisp and colorful, and the focus on abstract level design may allow the designers to really go wild with their imaginations. I'm happy so far with what they've shown - what remains to be seen is how well the new tiered movement system works and if the camera is a bugger.

qq more

@Sky Chase responses:

Oh, I forgot you can sort of do that. Probably an overlooked bug they forgot to iron out.

Probably i red something wrong. It seemed to me that somebody was saying old sonics, didnt have bottomless pits.

Nah, we were all saying that the genesis Sonics (with an exception of 1 half of the times) had pits that were few and far between.

shnord

Neo Member
Assuming the screenshots released aren't bullshots... dat AA. Not a jaggy in sight. Unfortunately that makes 60fps less likely, but oh well. Digging the crispness.

That actually looks pretty cool. Not sure if I like the enemies, I like seeing eggman's machines he comes up with.

needs some good music and minimalistic dialogue/shitty animal friends and it could be a solid game.

Yeah I like this new graphic style. In Sonic you need to be able to see shit clearly.

Agreed. This is how I feel the new Mario game on Wii U will look as well. Graphics similar to Mario Galaxy, but in HD essentially. Nintendo wasn't kidding when they said the graphical upgrades were mainly for the use of 3rd parties who want to employ realism to their titles.

Daingurse

I would took Good gameplay over SOnic impressive graphic..

What's your point and what relevance does that have with his statement? The game is graphically unimpressive, that's a valid point looking at Generations. However it looks fine to me aesthetically. Very clean, good IQ. A steady locked framerate, whether it's 30fps or 60fps is my only concern at this point.

Why don't I own a Wii U again.....

at least the 3DS version looks faithful.

Can't believe I'm this hyped about a Sonic game. Generations didn't even give me this level of hype until I played the demos, and Colors...was okay, I guess.

Coming off the month-long binge of Mario Galaxy 2 I've been doing, this strange Sonic/Galaxy-inspired thing is welcome.

Meelow

Banned
I'm surprised too. I mean... I like Classic Sonic more but I have no problems with Modern. What's worse is that I know people who avoid anything Sonic related as long as he has green eyes, no matter how good it is.

I hate that, it's just green eyes lol, do they honestly stare at his eyes when they play?

Reminds me of when Zelda fans complain how Link is right handed than left handed, I'm massive Zelda fan and been one for years, and I honestly don't give a damn what hand Link is holding the sword.

What's your point and what relevance does that have with his statement? The game is graphically unimpressive, that's a valid point looking at Generations. However it looks fine to me aesthetically. Very clean, good IQ.

Imo I like graphic of this game.. but I dont care if SOnic looks shitty.. If had to choose.. I I l take rather good gameplay over Good graphic..

Daingurse

Imo I like graphic of this game.. but I dont care if SOnic looks shitty.. If had to choose.. I I l take rather good gameplay over Good graphic..

And I'd rather have both, like I experienced with Generations and to a lesser extent half of Unleashed. But enough of this, this is very off-topic. I like the artstyle, but it is not impressive to me graphically whatsoever.

Daingurse

Why in the hell couldn't they do this all along? Wow Sega, wow.

I'm upset.

Will there be a PC version?

image.php

You don't look upset.

I kid, I kid. Just fucking with you. I wish this was on PC as well, but I'm just going to have to bite that Wii-U bullet at some point. I guess it won't be so bad, this game is looking good.

Top Bottom