• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Lost Worlds Debut Trailer [Up: Wii U + 3DS screenshots]

CrisKre

I wouldn't be surprised that the entire tiered speed system was created because the game likely doesn't have gravity implemented in an easy to understand way and/or the system isn't very friendly to human error. Needing not one but two buttons to reach top speed (which is likely required to navigate certain sections of the stages) is needlessly complicated. The use of single button isn't even necessary (see Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2). They most likely had players careening off the stages entirely during gameplay tests so they decided on a tiered speed system. That's probably the same reason why the parkour system exists, too.

Nice thinly veiled insult. How mature of you.
Many people, myself included, have expressed how 3d Sonic games seem to lack precision. It somewhat worked on previous 3d Sonic games due to their design. If you are going to add complexity to the level design as shown in this trailer and screens, changes need to be made to accommodate them. Seems like a great choice.
Plus the article states they went with that different direction from the conceptual phase, so I doubt the changes where made after starting playtesting, but rather where implemented first and designed around. .

Daingurse

Don't get this started...

Haha, port begging really is useless. Guy just needs to suck it up and buy a Wii-U when the time comes.

I already raged during the original reveal myself, haha.

tumblr_lkcjuhZ57d1qb5yooo1_500.gif

Fuuuuck! You win Nintendo. I'm so salty right now.

Better comparison to Generations:

Lost World looks better IMO. It's less busy and the new style more than makes up for the less demanding graphics. Also I suspect that this game will be the return to 60fps for Sonic games, I don't really see any other reason for them downgrading the graphics so much. (I'm not saying this as a bad thing)
Despite being less busy and generally more simple looking the end result looks much nicer to me. Looks a lot like Super Mario Sunshine with Super Mario Galaxy-themed geometry.

FlyFaster

Tiered structure to movement speed, depending on if you are holding down neither, one of, or both the triggers.

This sounds great. I actually had a similar thought after playing generations. More control is better.

Shinta

Banned
The OST better be Colors tier too.

I want this kind of magic.

Alright, playing Colors again. Hope you're happy.

I think the new gameplay controls will be awesome honestly. This allows them to finally make a game with much more interesting and complicated platforming, like the Mario series. At the same time, you get more of the speed stuff.

Like Colors and Generations were 2D/3D hybrids, with level designs split in half, this sounds like it's split between exploration and speed.

Count me in. This is a system seller for me.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
welp

i came

I don't recall this ever happening. Unless this is a 2P thing?

It's possible. In single player. I've done it before. You have to do a crazy jump for which Tails doesn't have enough time to catch you before you fall past his plane into the death pit below. His AI has to screw up a bit, basically.

Daingurse

Alright, playing Colors again. Hope you're happy.

I think the new gameplay controls will be awesome honestly. This allows them to finally make a game with much more interesting and complicated platforming, like the Mario series. At the same time, you get more of the speed stuff.

Like Colors and Generations were 2D/3D hybrids, with level designs split in half, this sounds like it's split between exploration and speed.

Count me in. This is a system seller for me.

Yes, Sonic having "gears" like a car, actually makes sense. It will be nice to actually be able to control the motherfucker again, the modern games are not made for walking around.

TriAceJP

This....

This looks like. dare I say it? A Sonic 3D game! What I hoped a 3D Sonic game would look like 14 years ago, anyway.

I have high hopes (hahahaha, Sonic Syndrome).

Thought I should officially claim my name on the run button idea: [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39918978&postcount=5280]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39918978&postcount=5280[/URL]

So, you're welcome Sega. I'm very glad you went with it. :p

KeRaSh

This looks amazing. I haven't been hyped for a Sonic games since Sonic Adventures 1 / 2 (I was a Chao breeding addict... and I'd probably still pay full price for a dedicated Chao breeding simulation).
Being a 3DS owner feels awesome.

Alienous

I didn't even consider that this game could be 60fps. If so, the seeming side-step from Sonic Generations (graphically) is absolutely forgivable.

Top Bottom