• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Rush DS--Deserves more acclaim

temjin

Banned
I've enjoyed playing Sonic Rush immensely. However, I haven't bothered to beat the game. I'm up to teh end boss and can't be bothered beating it, nor have I bothered playing as the othe other character whose name escapes me right now.

I still go back and play through the levels with Sonic, blasting through them trying to beat my scores, and it's awesome fun.

teh_bear

Rush was the first Sonic game i ever played to any extent (never had the money for Sega on top of my Nintendo) and i really really loved it. Personally i think it was a better experience than NSMB (although NSMB was more fun to play) because i like "unfair" better than "ridiculously easy". And the music, fitting or not, is just awesome.

dbish

I said it before and I'll say it again: the boss battles SUCK ASS. They are terrible and totally ruin the game for me. I love the levels, but holy shit do those bosses suck. Especially the last one (which I'm currently stuck on).

Seriously whoever decided to give them 8 hit points and not make the boss actually challenging until the last 2 or 3 shoot either be shot in the face or fired from Sega/Dimps STAT.

/rant.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ugh... the game is not as bad as some people make it out to be. I enjoyed it.

the replay value of Sonic Rush i greater then New Super Mario Bros.
the urgency level, action pace of Sonic Rush keeps comming back, and the boss fights lay a familiarity to the Egg Viper from Sonic Adventure 1

ShowDog

.Abras. said:
I bought this game because of GAFs hype.
It sucked, TOP 3 upsidedown.

Same here. Music is annoying, doesn't fit the levels or game in my opinion. Bottemless pits out of nowhere are frustrating. It just wasnt very fun. NSMB is way way better.

.Abras. said:
NSMB is way^500 better.

alright, enjoy your tutrle shell that gets you killed off when you use it, and enjoy your rare ocasions of using Mini or Mega Mario at the right convenient time

the replayability of Sonic Rush has an arcade edge to it that alot of games of today lack

Bebpo

Banned
gutter_trash said:
the replayability of Sonic Rush has an arcade edge to it that alot of games of today lack

Who cares how replayable a game is if you never want to play it in the first place?

.Abras. said:
NSMB is way^500 better.

Yes. Dimps lol

Sonic Rush rox. It's not deep or anything like that, and the boss fights are pretty dull, but the speed and the feeling of adrenaline rush is just intense, I <3 it. Best DS OST too.

herod

I found it mostly unenjoyable. Much like playing an old game that you never played the first time round on a retro compilation.

I got it Christmas but barely played it... so, I've been playing it the last few days and it's pretty good! Could be better, but it's good.

Valtox

for sure is better than mario 64ds.
maybe not better than new mario bros.
I didn't like it so much to finish it also with blaze the cat but it's was the best platform before the NSMB release for me.

Top Bottom