• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sons of Anarchy - Season 6 - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The show's gonna be even more subtle!

bTgR5hs.png

But seriously, I'm glad it's the final season. The show has been running on fumes for the better part of the past two? three? seasons.

Jax dies? I can't wait to see how this ends. Will he kill Gemma? I'm just glad Tara is gone. She ruined last season. Way too much focus on her shit.

Jax dies? I can't wait to see how this ends. Will he kill Gemma? I'm just glad Tara is gone. She ruined last season. Way too much focus on her shit.

Yeah, I feel like between Tara and Clay the show finally shed all the baggage that really held it back for the past couple seasons.

Yeah, I feel like between Tara and Clay the show finally shed all the baggage that really held it back for the past couple seasons.

Speaking of Clay I feel like they really messed up by killing him when they did. It would have been perfect for Opie to kill him once he killed his dad or for Jax to do it for him. It just felt like the way it went down was so anticlimatic and didn't have the force it would have had earlier. I hope they don't spend alot of time on Jax trying to fight for control of his kids now.

Speaking of Clay I feel like they really messed up by killing him when they did. It would have been perfect for Opie to kill him once he killed his dad or for Jax to do it for him. It just felt like the way it went down was so anticlimatic and didn't have the force it would have had earlier. I hope they don't spend alot of time on Jax trying to fight for control of his kids now.

Yeah, I thought Clay was a great character, but I knew he had to die. And since I knew he had to die, I wanted it to have some sort of meaning - they stretched it out for so long that you basically lost all suspension of disbelief as to how he was still alive. He was basically just around to give Ron Perlman work, and despite my opinion that Ron Perlman should have decent work whenever the hell he wants it, that's not how you make good drama.

Zaph

Yup, Sutter not having the balls to kill one of his darlings at that point was when the show really went down hill for me. He had created this violent universe, but when it came down to it, he couldn't keep to his own rules. This lead to Opie becoming an impossible character to write and ending up the sacrificial "look guys, I can kill main characters (but only after they've become impotent)" lamb and those godawful "We can't kill Clay because of the CIA/Irish" (still cant believe they did the same story twice).

Same with Gemma too - another character that shouldn't be alive but is forced into the show because she's the boss's wife. After years of teasing JT's letters, the story goes absolutely nowhere because Sutter didn't want to write the only realistic outcome. This meant Tara's character couldn't evolve naturally because she was needed to give Gemma something to do - the amount of times it made perfect sense for Tara to tell Jax about the letters but she didn't was staggering - almost as high as the amount of times Gemma being in the right place at right time to intercept a letter/package for Tara as a plot point.

Ugh, rant over. This show could have been so good if Sutter wasn't such a pussy.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yup, Sutter not having the balls to kill one of his darlings at that point was when the show really went down hill for me. He had created this violent universe, but when it came down to it, he couldn't keep to his own rules. This lead to Opie becoming an impossible character to write and ending up the sacrificial "look guys, I can kill main characters (but only after they've become impotent)" lamb and those godawful "We can't kill Clay because of the CIA/Irish" (still cant believe they did the same story twice).

Same with Gemma too - another character that shouldn't be alive but is forced into the show because she's the boss's wife. After years of teasing JT's letters, the story goes absolutely nowhere because Sutter didn't want to write the only realistic outcome. This meant Tara's character couldn't evolve naturally because she was needed to give Gemma something to do - the amount of times it made perfect sense for Tara to tell Jax about the letters but she didn't was staggering - almost as high as the amount of times Gemma being in the right place at right time to intercept a letter/package for Tara as a plot point.

Ugh, rant over. This show could have been so good if Sutter wasn't such a pussy.

Sending him this post through Twitter ATM so he can e-break your legs.

Just kidding.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The worst part is that he seems unable to confront his own shortcomings, so he keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again...

Self criticism is an alien notion to him.

Soooooo...Courtney Love.

"The Hole frontwoman has signed on for a multi-episode arc in which she’ll play Ms. Harrison, a teacher who Variety says takes a “special interest” in Abel, eldest son of Jax."​

I just hope Jax doesn't fuck her, because seeing her in a sex scene might just make my wiener fall off.

Oh god, the only thing I have seen her in was Sid and Nancy and the few seconds of screen time she had was absolutely terrible. Can't stand Love, hope she doesn’t have a huge role because I would like the final season to be good and not tainted by her presence.

Vert boil

Soooooo...Courtney Love.

"The Hole frontwoman has signed on for a multi-episode arc in which she’ll play Ms. Harrison, a teacher who Variety says takes a “special interest” in Abel, eldest son of Jax."​

I just hope Jax doesn't fuck her, because seeing her in a sex scene might just make my wiener fall off.

At least we'll get some decent humour out of that arc.

Oh God.

Edit: for the record, I'm a big fan of Hole. But nope.

There's just so much I could do with this post. I don't know where to begin.

Frog-fu

Banned
Last season had some really brilliant moments that felt like earlier seasons. The last five minutes of the finale really pissed me off though. Once this final season is over I am done with all things Sutter. The dude is a fucking hack. I finished watching all of The Shield seasons a few days ago and I could just tell (later confirmed by internets) which episodes were written by him by its sheer ridiculous, trite content made purely for shock value (e.g. Aceveda
getting sexually assaulted)

Soooooo...Courtney Love.

She's a good actress, atleast from the stuff she did before. Also this article let me know that Marilyn Manson is playing a white supremacist lol

She's a good actress, atleast from the stuff she did before. Also this article let me know that Marilyn Manson is playing a white supremacist lol

Funnily enough i am actually looking forward to seeing Manosn in this, i liked him in Party Monster (even though it was a small part) and the idea of his character is very interesting for him to play so it could be fun.

Love though, i just cant stand the woman so im less interested in seeing her on screen.

So fucking hyped. I'm probably the only one who thinks that season 6 was the best season of the last year. Whatever. The last season will make people change their minds.

This is one of the few shows I watch where I really don't like the main character. Jax is so unlikable to me

I hate him as much as Gemma (how is she still alive?!?)

Luckily, Tig is the greatest character ever. But if they kill him I will be sad

This is one of the few shows I watch where I really don't like the main character. Jax is so unlikable to me

I hate him as much as Gemma (how is she still alive?!?)

Luckily, Tig is the greatest character ever. But if they kill him I will be sad

Since season 5 he is meant to be hated. He's become Clay.

I just wish these two would appear.

767_1_front.jpg
XsxauK2.jpg

This. But the one who REALLY NEEDS to be in is Michael Chiklis. He's the only big Shield name which hasn't appeared yet.
Marilyn Manson's role should've been his.

I hope the series ends with Jax standing upon the ashes of everyone around him. He places his palm face down on it all. Then rubs the ashes all over his face. Then just walks away. All this while Nuclear by Mike Oldfield is playing.

What a powerful ending that could be.

Ghost Rider?

Jax is death. It means he's going to kill everyone. Hopefully starting with Tig, bastard should have died back in season 2, but nope.

Tig, Gemma, the rest of the Sons, the Irish, the other gangs. Final scene in the final episode sees him in a cabin raising his sons and telling them about Tara and how much she sacrificed for them.

Camera zooms out, we see zombie Gemma watching them from afar, she cracks a smile and slowly shuffles off into the mist.

Fin.

Gemma can't die because she's the head writer's waifu!
He's just going to make her being raped for the third time that's all!

Gemma's the villain. Obviously she's still alive. I don't know if she's going to survive the last season or not, but she's pivotal to the show, now more than ever.

Aβydoς;120233419 said:
Gemma can't die because she's the head writer's waifu!
He's just going to make her being raped for the third time that's all!

Gemma's the villain. Obviously she's still alive. I don't know if she's going to survive the last season or not, but she's pivotal to the show, now more than ever.

Gemma has Tig under her little finger, wouldn't surprise me if she uses him to take down Jax when it becomes apparent she no longer has any control over him and what he plans to do with her grand kids.

Gemma has Tig under her little finger, wouldn't surprise me if she uses him to take down Jax when it becomes apparent she no longer has any control over him and what he plans to do with her grand kids.

Yep, that's one of the things that crossed my mind. That awkward thing they had at the end of season 2 was never brought up again, but if there's something Sutter is good at is character consistency. So, maybe...

- Deadline: FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Final Season To Debut September 9
It’s almost the end of the road for biker drama Sons of Anarchy but there still more to come. FX announced today that the last season of the Kurt Sutter-created series will start up its motor on September 9. The seventh season of the show with begin with a 10 PM 1-hour and 45-minute episode. It’s going to be very rockstar on SOA this coming season with Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson joining the cast in recurring roles. The Season 7 debut will be followed by a live post-show Anarchy Afterword. The post-show will also air after the very last SOA later in the season.

A tiny snippet of not-particularly-spoilerish info from the PR:
In season six Jax Teller (Charlie Hunnam) has finally solidified his leadership of Sons Of Anarchy by murdering Clay Morrow, his stepfather, for past sins. Season Six ends with his formidable mother Gemma committing an unpardonable sin. Unbeknownst to Jax, she brutally murders his wife, Dr. Tara Knowles, thinking she’s protecting the club. Juice Ortiz kills Sheriff Eli Roosevelt to protect Gemma. Season Seven begins
ten days later with Jax in jail on a parole violation, grappling with the loss of the woman he loved. With the club’s full support, he sets in motion the brutal machinations that will lead to complete and merciless retribution.

The Season 7 debut will be followed by a live post-show Anarchy Afterword.

When they announced the after show for the final season of Breaking Bad, I predicted that every show would have it's own after show. The flood is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom