• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

Kazuhira

Goddamn! Awesome news.
I really love the studio's logo,pretty obvious that shinkawa designed it.
Dark souls was the first thing that came to mind when i saw it.
bloodborne 2 by KP confirmed
This opens up new horizons for kojima and his team,i wish them the best.
A shame that is a ps4 exclusive and this is coming from someone who owns the console.

Shenmue

Banned
Who owns the Snatcher and Policenauts IPs by the way?

I would pay so much for a game set in either of those worlds or a remaster like they've been doing with Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, and Maniac Mansion.

Yudoken

About the announcement...
pb27baO.jpg

Hopefully it will be on pc too

Really cool from Sony to work with him together, Kojima and his team hopefully work in peace.

Mooreberg

it will probably be UE4 or built on Sony's shared technology thing
I was under the impression that UE4 has the best documentation for Japanese devs. You would think Sony would be up to speed on that as a Japanese company, but nothing about SCEJ's rate of output would bolster that claim. I am just glad that the texture blur in of UE3 is a thing of the past. That shit was absolutely wretched in a lot of games.

Acosta

The most exciting news of this for me is seeing Kojima outside of Metal Gear. I will be glad to see him doing a complete restart.

Aside of that I would really love something futuristic, wonder if he conserves the love for Snatcher and Policenauts settings.

DOWN

Banned
It's kinda like when you're favourite TV programme goes to Amazon Prime and you only have Netflix.

I don't have decent gaming PC anymore, so it may as well be.

More like you only have hulu by choice and everyone on Netflix and Amazon are getting the show

FootballFan

Because it isn't an iOS/Android game??1

Seriously, I know it sucks when a game releases only on a platform you don't own, but it could have been sooo much worse like Kojima making mobile games only form now on.

The fact that we get a brand new IP from Kojima is what is most important to me. Metal Gear is legendary, yet I hope he surpasses it in a weird way.

Platform allegiances should not be the main issue here.

watdaeff4

That's going to be a thing I guess, LOL.

Sony owning IPs of games developed by third parties is actually very common, they released three games under that arrangement this year alone (Until Dawn, Bloodborne, The Order). & there are at least two more coming next year (Ratchet & Clank, Detroit).

Media Molecule & Sucker Punch worked with Sony for years under that arrangement before they were bought out.

This is my point I know that

I misread your statement

:)

Nikokuno

yesss shinkawa the GOAT

definitely see his style in the new logo

excited to see what he and kojima get up to next

This is what I was waiting for, it's almost as huge as Kojima Pro / Sony deal. I was afraid he stayed at Konami.

So we might have our new ZOE-ish game guys!!

Eolz

It's good that it's still an independent studio and that it might also be released on PC.
Wonder what game it will be and its scope, we likely won't hear about it for a good while.

orient

Neo Member
Can we address the font please. A curved sans-serif like an early '00s night club. Sloppy placement, center aligned but off to the right. Doesn't suit the grungy graphic at all. Looks like we can't trust Kojima on his own after all.

kuroshiki

Can we address the font please. A curved sans-serif like an early '00s night club. Sloppy placement, center aligned but off to the right. Doesn't suit the grungy graphic at all. Looks like we can't trust Kojima on his own after all.

apply for a job at kojima studio and become a logo designer. done.

It would have been wonderful if Sony could end the PSX conference with this megaton announcement.

can't. Kojima's contract ended 15th. You can't announce something like that when he was still in Konami.

Raylan

Banned
Guys, just to make this quick (I'm on page 11 here and still reading):
- Kojimas next game is PS4 and PC "exclusive"
- Kojima will own the IP and not SCE

Right?

danthefan

Smartest way to approach this.

Kojima is talented but Sony better than anyone besides Konami knows about Kojima in a workplace. So a partnership first, test the waters, see how the mutual relationship unfolds, whether he proves himself with a new IP.

Then if it's all positive, merge with Kojima Productions. Looking forward to what comes out of this.

Would KojiPro want to be fully integrated into Sony? I'm just thinking the experience of Konami might have him wanting to stay independent. Though Sony studios seem to have large degrees of freedom to be fair.

kuroshiki

They are not hiring a logo designer.

Well then there is absolutely nothing you can do.

Would KojiPro want to be fully integrated into Sony? I'm just thinking the experience of Konami might have him wanting to stay independent. Though Sony studios seem to have large degrees of freedom to be fair.

Konami is not a norm. If Kojima can handle all the finance/management shit then he should stay independent. If he can't and just want to concentrate on the creative stuff, then merge with publisher/become 1st party is not a bad option either.

Remember. You have to feed your staffs.

Spman2099

I feel like Konami did this man a huge solid...

You see, I was always a little wary of the work Kojima did. I think he has made some great games, but I haven't taken to some of his others.

That being said, I will buy his new game. Whatever it is. For only one reason... Fuck Konami.

I hope his new game sells better than any game ever before and the head of Konami spends a great deal of time struggling with his life decisions.

Top Bottom