• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

Steroyd

Sony likes making cinematic games, Kojima likes making cinematic games, perfect publisher for him when you take out the platform warz from the equation.

At the very least he stayee the hell away from Activision, Ubisoft and EA, would have been out of the frying pan and into the fire.

LifEndz

QZhzli0.png

Dat face. Sony out here running up the score when the game is already over.

iMax

Sony likes making cinematic games, Kojima likes making cinematic games, perfect publisher for him when you take out the platform warz from the equation.

At the very least he stayee the hell away from Activision, Ubisoft and EA, would have been out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I wouldn't trust anyone other than Sony or maybe Take2 to give him the freedom he needs.

Kudo

I'm running out of fingers to count things with that Sony have saved this generation.

Does KojiPro own Fox Engine?

Now that you mention it, yeah, I'm glad he didn't hook up with any of those publishers you listed. Really glad.

Is the FOX-engine property of Konami?

Yep. But ti sounds like the chief engineers are joining NewKojiPro, and doubtless Kojima's team will have help from Cerny/ICE Team/Sony programmers to get up and running and a well optimized engine. I wonder if Kojima will still go for 1080p/60fps? Interesting few years. Would be cool to see a concept trailer at PSX 2016 but that's probably too early, really.

Melchiah

I own both consoles, but if it's going to be console exclusive, I'd rather it be Playstation exclusive mostly because the console is more powerful, and we're likely to get a better looking or more ambitious game as a result. That and from a finance perspective, the game will reach a much bigger install base, with potentially more allegiance to his brand.

Not to mention, that it seems like Sony gives more freedom to the developers than any of the other big publishers do. I wouldn't want to have a possible horror IP from him to be diluted by some executives, who think it's too hard to sell. Considering, that Kojima said he wanted the game to be so scary that people have a hard time to play it, as already evidenced by PT.

Ivan

Yep. But ti sounds like the chief engineers are joining NewKojiPro, and doubtless Kojima's team will have help from Cerny/ICE Team/Sony programmers to get up and running and a well optimized engine. I wonder if Kojima will still go for 1080p/60fps? Interesting few years. Would be cool to see a concept trailer at PSX 2016 but that's probably too early, really.

This part is awesome. Sony can really give him the best technical support.

And Kojima really is The Special One, so he basically won't have any limits.

StardustPain

Neo Member
Nice to hear that he is not retiring or something.

How long till the next kojima game? 5..6 years?

I wish it was Playstation / PC, but owning a ps4 I'm happy anyway.

klee123

This must have taken a while to plan and I wouldn't be surprised if SCE went to him as soon as when the news of him being demoted to contractor was floating around.

Wow, Sony really did it. I thought they wouldn't invest in a new expensive AAA-exclusive that's from third party, but I'm glad I was wrong.
Also nice to see that Kojima is free from Konami and Sony is known for giving their studios freedom and time.

It's a win win for everyone. A Kojima game will sell consoles.

kavanf1

no one deserves what he has been put through.
Come on, I like the guy and wish him every success, but he's not Nelson Mandela. He is a very wealthy game creator who fell out with his employer and immediately landed on his feet. I don't think he needs much sympathy. :)

Huge news. I have to say, as much as I love everything Xbox, (by preference, not fanboyism) Microsofts sloth like behaviour on SO MANY FRONTS is really starting to annoy me. Either the company is being run by idiots or they have a huge amount of other plans to show off sometime.

Especially in a casuals eye, EVERYTHING is only on PS. Almost every multiplatform title had something exclusive to PS. STILL being slow with the majority in indie stuff too. There resistance to make quality niche games that they know will sell little too.

They literally came out and apologised about SFV, and it doesn't even seem like they tried here.

Hmph.

Top Bottom