• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

im glad kojima is back to making games as soon as possible
and im glad he has enough funding
and im glad ill be able to play it on my ps4.

but i kinda wish it wasnt sony console exclusive.even though i dont even own an xbone, it feels like sony is noticably slacking on the first party front because theyre so far ahead of the competition.

Skux

Let the legend come back to life!

I love MGS but it's time for something new from Kojima's wild mind. Can't wait to see where this goes.

mekes

after coming out of a bad experience with another 3rd party? I'm sure at this point creative freedom, time and money (for his game) is all that he cares about. Sony is the right partner on that front.

Sony will give him that Last Guardian time if he needs it haha

Melchiah

Dumping, sharing his opinions, whatever.

Sony's 2016 exclusive lineup isn't objectively better than Microsoft's, just how Microsoft's 2015 exclusive lineup wasn't objectively better than Sony's.

People like different things!

The XBO exclusive lineup was pretty barebones during the first half of this year, and the next year doesn't look as full either as it does on the other side.

awesome news but given they've not hired staff yet or started, the scope of kojima games and production time I have my doubts about PS4, maybe PS5

They've got a few staff but they are hiring via their website. List UnrealEngine experience as a preference so you may see it this gen.

Fuck exclusives in general and fuck excluding large portions of audience from being able to play the game. In an ideal world, one in which we are not living in, all games should be on all hardware that can support it, performance and control-wise.

Fully agreed.

Regardless of what Kojima decided to do after the whole Konami fiasco, the gaming community was always behind him 100%.
I'd agree overall, but it became easier to see it from Konami's point of view as MGSV's flaws became apparent.

And they obviously want out of the console game market, which has to come with burned bridges, though the separation seemed unnecessarily messy.

Intrigued more than excited tbh

Dunkley

Regardless of what shit I can give to Sony for the PS2 BC situation and PSN features (name changing and shit), at the end of the day, that was definitely a pretty awesome call.

Definitely leaning more torwards buying a PS4 now rather than an Xbox One because of these news. Even after MGSV I still can't wait to see what Kojima got cooking.

deoee

Umm.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVrdrkOUEAAY5LA.jpg:orig

WBUOuqo.jpg

ENHANCE IT

Mr Moose

Such a lust for game developing, he should have taken a break before jumping straight back in. Whatever he makes I will be interested in and hope it turns out great.

He's been on vacation for months now.

Good to have him and his team back, that logo is sexy, I want to buy one of those jumpers.

Rymuth

Calling him out for what though? I don't understand his point.
* Ryan gave an embarrassing review for Titanfall, suggesting people shouldn't get it on PC but on xbox one

* He's been begging for Phil to let him come work at Microsoft, suggesting he could do the E3 presentation

* whenever he interviews Phil, it's usually softball questions

* his first reaction to this announcement is 'why didn't MS do something'

* He's been dumping on Sony's 2016 lineup

Shu's playfully reminding of his bias

Please be P.T.

Donna Burke @db_singer_actor
Doing horror voice overs for a new game... Lots of different screams... Am scaring myself

[tweet]https://twitter.com/db_singer_actor/status/674094843853844480[/tweet]

This is most likely about NightCry. They recently revealed that they were doing voice recording and they've teased having a lot of horror names in general on board for the game. Donna would fit as a VO since she did voicework for SH2 and 3.

Melchiah

Metal Gear Solid V ends in chapter 2. Chapter 3 was cancelled and never released.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I haven't played MGS series since the PS1 days, which is why I'm hoping Kojima's next game will be more like PT than that.

Sicious

Neo Member
Please be P.T.

Donna Burke @db_singer_actor
Doing horror voice overs for a new game... Lots of different screams... Am scaring myself

[tweet]https://twitter.com/db_singer_actor/status/674094843853844480[/tweet]

Wait, this twitter is a week old. If this is P.T wouldn't that mean all of this mess was already decided?

I guess it could be, like Kojima immediately funding a new studio and sony immediately making a deal with him does seem premeditated, but still, i doubt it.

Blablurn

I'm just glad the Kojima train keeps on rolling. The fact that he starts with Sony is a bonus since I only hava PS4. But all in all I'm just happy that he keeps going.

Plus he doesnt need to make Metal Gear games anymore. Even though this is a sad thing, I'm also looking forward to his new games.

* Ryan gave an embarrassing review for Titanfall, suggesting people shouldn't get it on PC but on xbox one

* He's been begging for Phil to let him come work at Microsoft, suggesting he could do the E3 presentation

* whenever he interviews Phil, it's usually softball questions

* his first reaction to this announcement is 'why didn't MS do something'

* He's been dumping on Sony's 2016 lineup

Shu's playfully reminding of his bias

Wait, I know he's IGNs MS guy so I have no problem with him being more Yay MS but,....he actually asked Phil to let him host E3? 0_o

VinFTW

Only the first came out of a new franchise is exclusive to ps4?

Then, I have to ask, wtf is the point besides excluding Xbox and PC fans? Lol.

Are we looking at a titanfall situation or did is this just alienating two fan bases for the sake of a money hat?

Spizz

Banned

Are we looking at a titanfall situation or did is this just alienating two fan bases for the sake of a money hat?
Who else would logically fund a Kojima game that he would feel comfortable with?

The language of the announcement suggests Sony is funding/assisting in development, which is probably why.

NeoN1

Neo Member
This is most likely about NightCry. They recently revealed that they were doing voice recording and they've teased having a lot of horror names in general on board for the game. Donna would fit as a VO since she did voicework for SH2 and 3.

Looks like you are right. Looking at their Kickstarter page, they started sound recording on December 2.

Mr. RHC

Kojima Productions 2.0: A Studio Reborn.
Very happy for everyone involved! Good luck everyone!

rooting for another game set [partly] in space

Oh and concerning Microsoft...

http://www.kojimaproductions.jp/

NOozpLW.jpg

links to:

http://www.kojimaproductions.jp/pr/jp151216_01.pdf

Document title:
NIlFbjM.jpg]

Microsoft Word- コジマプロダクション(日本語).docx

pf0meOh.jpg

It's not over yet Sony, not yet. Microsoft still has a plan.

Sony Eraser.

pc is not excluded

FootballFan

I'm just glad the Kojima train keeps on rolling. The fact that he starts with Sony is a bonus since I only hava PS4. But all in all I'm just happy that he keeps going.

Plus he doesnt need to make Metal Gear games anymore. Even though this is a sad thing, I'm also looking forward to his new games.

Your opinion on this matter aligns with mine. A new non-mgs kojima game, bayern fans rejoice.

Stillmatic

Fully funding a games development is not a 'money hat'.

Top Bottom