• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Controller to Be Named "Move." Bye bye Gem? truly outrageous

gofreak said:
VG247 now says that Sony will be putting out an announcement about date & a list of partners today/tomorrow (not totally clear?) ahead of their Wednesday press conference.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/08/arc-date-and-partners-expected-to-be-announced-tomorrow/

Uhh...so...does that mean 5pm PST tomorrow, or 1am GMT tomorrow? Cos they're different days :lol :D

PREPARE THE COUNTDOWN. MIGHT BE OFF BY ONE DAY.

So apparently the people that run that site never cleared up what they meant about those times/days. I guess we'll find out in a little less than an hour though.

deepbrown said:
Should've looked like this:
ps3-magic-wand-motion-controller.jpg

As nice at that mock up looks it just wouldn't work in real life.

The handles are seem too short and there's not enough finger room between the glowing ball and the triggers.

But I would like it is the Arc and PSnunchuk could join together to form a more standard controller.

dose

Just mocked this up (sorry RockmanWhore :D), so something like this? So the nunchuck doesn't have a ball?

ak7exe.jpg

Wireless nunchuck is awesome but can reduce the number of players at a time to 3, thus eliminating 4-player awesomeness (especially if they all work with bluetooth). However, if it uses a separate USB device (like the one for Buzz Buzzers) then it's fucking gold, jerry!

dose said:
Just mocked this up (sorry RockmanWhore :D), so something like this? So the nunchuck doesn't have a ball?

ak7exe.jpg

Awesome mockup! Doesn't make sense having X and O for both Nunchuck and sphere, though. Sony should just add Start, Select, L1 and L2 on Nunchuck and the rest on the sphere. But then again, who the fuck beside our Deepthroat knows...

Oh well, can't wait for proper unveiling!

expy

Banned
Totobeni said:
no.

from the trailer , I think Eyedentify was supposed to be LifeLine and Deka Voice successor ( voice-recognition / Voice Commands Adventures from SCEJ ) so using Acr instead of mic to control the game just mean shitting on the original idea.
Arc can't work without the PSEYE, which has a built-in mic. The ARC allows for further controls.

expy

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Wireless nunchuck is awesome but can reduce the number of players at a time to 3, thus eliminating 4-player awesomeness (especially if they all work with bluetooth). However, if it uses a separate USB device (like the one for Buzz Buzzers) then it's fucking gold, jerry!
Well, if the arc is designed that way, can't it have its own piconet? (Arc+nunchuk)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
expy said:
Arc can't work without the PSEYE, which has a built-in mic. The ARC allows for further controls.

again , no controller is just the entire point of these games, you control the entire thing with your voice ( it's clear from the target trailer that it's voice-recognition type of game ) so a controller of any kind will be just wrong.

shagg_187 said:

Awesome mockup! Doesn't make sense having X and O for both Nunchuck and sphere, though. Sony should just add Start, Select, L1 and L2 on Nunchuck and the rest on the sphere. But then again, who the fuck beside our Deepthroat knows...

Oh well, can't wait for proper unveiling!

L1 and L2 is on Nunchuck. Start, Select and T-trigger is on Arc.

Haunted

Good news about the nunchuck. Expected of course, but still nice to have some sort of confirmation.

And I haven't seen the button configuration on the lightbulb but I'm seriously doubting they'd be changing the classic rhombus button layout.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I do hope that VG247 is not BS-ing us on when we'll see new infos from from SCE regarding the lineup... It'd be really nice to know now what they had up their sleeve to show us during the conference tomorrow.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
DMeisterJ said:
I do hope that VG247 is not BS-ing us on when we'll see new infos from from SCE regarding the lineup... It'd be really nice to know now what they had up their sleeve to show us during the conference tomorrow.

VG247 didn't say anything about lineup in their rumour. They said date and partner list.

We already got an internal SCE lineup at TGS. Albeit with zero details/info.

If someone has an 'official pic' e.g. a PR pic, it sounds to me like they will sort of more properly announce and show off the thing at GDC. I'd guess we'll see one or two games for it to go with that.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Oozinator said:
I have access to an official pic but doubt I can post it

If u don't do it, I'll do it, getting all the credit and becoming even more legendary.

If only I actually had the pic :lol

DMeisterJ said:

Dark Cloud 3. Sony's "mature Zelda" with waggle.

Being serious, that would be awesome.

Top Bottom