• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony dismisses downgrade rumour as "ridiculous"

Jim

sugarhigh4242 said:
i think sony's been a little to quick to respond to rumors lately. any time gameradar throws something out there, they respond.

SCEA or SCEJ don't respond to anything of the sort, normally... SCEE for whatever reason, does though, especially when they start hitting bigger European sites. Just like in this case.

Must be their love of tabloidy stuff :) Or something.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Fishie flop oog said:
Truth be told, Sony's claims cant really be used as proof that someone is lying or not credible though(altough im sure Kotaku is definitly wrong on this one), just remember that they restated that stuff at E3 2k5 was REAL after people reported it was CG and they kept saying spring when everybody with cranial capacities was saying they wouldnt make that.
So yeah, because Sony is saying something it doesnt make it automatically more credible then things that contradict em.

But again, I do believe em this time.

Truth be told, Fishie's claims cant really be used as proof that someone is lying or not credible though....

DCharlie

Banned
did i ever mention as a newly converted sony fan how GREAT i think external power packs are?

only shit systems have internal power packs!
Truth be told, Fishie's claims cant really be used as proof that someone is lying or not credible though....

huh?! fishie hating aside - what isn't true about sony blowing smoke up yoz ass in 2005?

dalyr95

I don't think SCEE do anything apart from talk to journalists, but it reminds of that time the SCEE guy said he was doing his best to get PS3s for Europe first and he did, so well done him.

Also Sony should release official transcripts of interviews with Ken so that way it can't be taken out of context...

Oh wait nobody but GAF cares

sharukins said:
they still dont deny the numbers though. delayed launch?

If this isn't a joke post this guy must have the lowest IQ amongst gaf mambers.

...oh wait

Fishie flop oog said:
Truth be told, Sony's claims cant really be used as proof that someone is lying or not credible though(altough im sure Kotaku is definitly wrong on this one), just remember that they restated that stuff at E3 2k5 was REAL after people reported it was CG and they kept saying spring when everybody with cranial capacities was saying they wouldnt make that.
So yeah, because Sony is saying something it doesnt make it automatically more credible then things that contradict em.

plz disregard the first sentence of my post

seriously though these people give GAF a bad name

Effulgence said:
No, im pretty sure that never happened. Individual developers for the games, particularily Killzone 2, said that the demo was representative of real gameplay.

Must be why they are hiering an executive producer for the game like now, oh and artists and programmers and stuff as well.
I know a bunch of guys at guerrilla, they had jack and squat last year.
The only thing that existed was that CG, period.

Everything shown of Killzone 2 is definetly real time.

killzone-liberation-20060510112324432.jpg

fortified_concept said:
If this isn't a joke post this guy must have the lowest IQ amongst gaf mambers.

...oh wait

plz disregard the first sentence of my post

seriously though these people give GAF a bad name

Here we go again.

What you are about to see is ALL GAMEPLAY, Spring launch, WiFi standard, World wide launches are stupid, dual SKU's are stupid etcetera etcetera.

Just because Sony says something and maintains it for the better part of a year DOESNT MAKE IT TRUE.

DarienA

DCharlie said:
huh?! fishie hating aside - what isn't true about sony blowing smoke up yoz ass in 2005?

Oh nothing I just like attempting to get a rise out of Fishie sometimes... return to your normally scheduled Sony burning at the stake.

Fishie flop oog said:
Applying for an invitation to the playa haters ball?

Will Buck Nasty and Silky Johnson be there?

DCharlie

Banned
Oh nothing I just like attempting to get a rise out of Fishie sometimes... return to your normally scheduled Sony burning at the stake.

thanks i will, we're still burning through the tard fest from 2005. If you have firelighters, they are appreciated.

Fishie flop oog said:
Here we go again.

What you are about to see is ALL GAMEPLAY, Spring launch, WiFi standard, World wide launches are stupid, dual SKU's are stupid etcetera etcetera.

Just because Sony says something and maintains it for the better part of a year DOESNT MAKE IT TRUE.

Unless 360 has full backwards compatibility like they said it would have after a few months or the HQ touched up pics they release every now and then are representative of the games they're showing, I think MS is too conspiring against you, the gamer. Oddly enough I've never seen you troll 360 threads or claiming that they're not to be trusted etc etc. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you're still a bitter Sega fanboy.

ypo

don't forget the hard drive in every box, standard wireless, all games playable on the tard pack, etc, etc.... but the bitter sega fanboys have aligned themselves with *the other side* to battle the evil empire to *notice* the lies.

fortified_concept said:
Unless 360 has full backwards compatibility like they said it would have after a few months or the HQ touched up pics they release every now and then are representative of the games they're showing, I think MS is too conspiring against you, the gamer. Oddly enough I've never seen you troll 360 threads or claiming that they're not to be trusted etc etc. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you're still a bitter Sega fanboy.

Hahahahaha

Do a search here on the forums for threads in April 2k5.
I wasnt back on gaf back then but a few threads were started about what was then known as xbox2, this was before the MTV unveiling.

I mentioned on the board we cant talk about here that what they had so far was definitly underwhelming and some games just looked like current gen stuff.
Back then of cours I was called a sony and Nintendo fanboy because of what I said, later on before TGS and before Namco showed Ridge Racer 6 I was blasted again because I said RR6 was dissapointing and looked like a tarted up Ridge Racers PSP.

Believe whatever you want though.

ypo said:
don't forget the hard drive in every box, standard wireless, all games playable on the tard pack, etc, etc.... but the bitter sega fanboys have aligned themselves with *the other side* to battle the evil empire to *notice* the lies.

Yes yes, pigeonhole those who you disagree with into a little easily dismisable box of fanboyism so you can disregard EVERYTHING they say regardles of merit.

And I am the fanboy here?

DCharlie

Banned

oh that makes 2005 all true now! awesome!

of course, your posting history shows you are totally the middle ground!

Fishie flop oog said:
Hahahahaha

Do a search here on the forums for threads in April 2k5.
I wasnt back on gaf back then but a few threads were started about what was then known as xbox2, this was before the MTV unveiling.

I mentioned on the board we cant talk about here that what they had so far was definitly underwhelming and some games just looked like current gen stuff.
Back then of cours I was called a sony and Nintendo fanboy because of what I said, later on before TGS and before Namco showed Ridge Racer 6 I was blasted again because I said RR6 was dissapointing and looked like a tarted up Ridge Racers PSP.

Believe whatever you want though.

Ummm... you haven't explained why you still only troll Sony when like you admitted MS lies too. You always go into Sony threads to shout how Sony is conspiring against gamers, but you never do that in 360 threads. I wonder why.

PS. I'm lying. I know why.

DarienA

fortified_concept said:
Ummm... you haven't explained why you still only troll Sony when like you admitted MS lies too. You always go into Sony threads to shout how Sony is conspiring against gamers, but you never do that in 360 threads. I wonder why.

I just want Fishie to be a more balanced equal opportunity troll. :( That way you'll never be able to guess what he's going to say or where he's going to pop up next!

fortified_concept said:

Let me guess, because im a bitter Sega fanboy?
:lol

DarienA said:
I just want Fishie to be a more balanced equal opportunity troll. :( That way you'll never be able to guess what he's going to say or where he's going to pop up next!

There just isnt much to say about MS and Nintendo at the moment.
Nintendo more or less delivered on their promises at E3 and MS is now in its grace period where the games have to do the talking for them, that and they do seem to be delivering on their Live promises, if Live Anywhere is a dud though I will call out on that.

Meanwhile the PS3 has been proven to be deception of unprecedented proportions and I saw that play out the last twelve months, everytime I visited a dev or talked with other journalists and insiders i was told the same thing, WTF IS SONY PLAYING AT?

That is something that never happened with MS or Nintendo, yeah they had their little lies and mishaps along the way but deception and lies at the scale Sony threw at us we had not witnessed since the Project Reality days and that is factoring in on my comments.
The bigger the lie, the bigger the outrage.
But apparently that is not allowed here.

ypo

"Yes yes, pigeonhole those who you disagree with into a little easily dismisable box of fanboyism so you can disregard EVERYTHING they say regardles of merit."

but the thing is you are a bitter sega fanboy who BS all the time. And stangely that's a trait of pretty much all bitter sega fanboys.

"oh that makes 2005 all true now! awesome!"

oh good thing I didn't say that. You are such a genius.

"of course, your posting history shows you are totally the middle ground!"

:lol sorry but I'm not you. I didn't claim that I'm unbiased because I own more than one system like you did. I've already said that I'm biased, but if it makes you feel better I'll say it again. I'm biased. Oh shit that was easy. Now it's your turn to give it a try. Or are you still on that charade of yours?

DCharlie

Banned
Roh oh! He just said he's looking for various opportunities to work on PS3. And :lol at his "I rather not answer that" when asked if he had the chance to mess with the system.

eh, Too Human is pretty much the shittiest looking game at E3. To suggest it looks better than anything is just delusional.
I heard Sega fanboys said the same thing about the DC. It's that true guys?

"The big difference between us and Sony, I think, is that we’re not forcing consumers into big technology leaps now"

No big technology leaps? You can definitely say that MS.

Here's what's common on the PS3:

smooth, stable framerate.
Very little or no screen tearing

on the Xbox 360:

chug chug chug
tear tear tear.
I see hair! and it's long!
and no screen tearing!!!
"So you're saying it looks on par with current 360 stuff? "

"I'm saying it looks pretty average."

So where's the disagreement?

i'm not sure which side of the fence ypo sits on, should you ignore him? probably!
sorry but I'm not you. I didn't claim that I'm unbiased because I own more than one system like you did. I've already said that I'm biased, but if it makes you feel better I'll say it again. I'm biased. Oh shit that was easy. Now it's your turn to give it a try. Or are you still on that charade of yours?
you can't even come near to me. You dream of being even close to my stratosphere of awesomeness. You are too busy being a sony whore to comprehend that i HATE sony whores and not sony. It's okay - maybe some education and a few years of experience and you'll get it ...

anyways, to clarify - i have nothing against sony. GAF is not real life. It's an arena for having a go at total cumwads.

Again, i HATE with a passion hard core sony fan boys. if that means i hate Sony (which i don't particularly thing i do) then fine - sign me up - I HATE SONY.
"oh good thing I didn't say that. You are such a genius."

awesome - so you think sony lied in 2005 too then? so why the sarcy comments? seems to be completely without merit unless you believe what sony said surely?

Kittonwy

Banned
Fishie flop oog said:

Well if the great FISHIE is saying they're wrong... well there's no hope for Kotaku, it's seppuku time for them.
Indifferent2.gif

You did?
Indifferent2.gif

So you're saying the Unreal presentation, the duck demo and the Dr. Octopus demo weren't real?
Indifferent2.gif

Developers should really keep target render footage strictly to internal presentations, I don't see any problem in using them to show the games to get ideas approved though. :3

DarienA

Fishie flop oog said:
There just isnt much to say about MS and Nintendo at the moment.
Nintendo more or less delivered on their promises at E3 and MS is now in its grace period where the games have to do the talking for them, that and they do seem to be delivering on their Live promises, if Live Anywhere is a dud though I will call out on that.

Meanwhile the PS3 has been proven to be deception of unprecedented proportions and I saw that play out the last twelve months, everytime I visited a dev or talked with other journalists and insiders i was told the same thing, WTF IS SONY PLAYING AT?

That is something that never happened with MS or Nintendo, yeah they had their little lies and mishaps along the way but deception and lies at the scale Sony threw at us we had not witnessed since the Project Reality days and that is factoring in on my comments.
The bigger the lie, the bigger the outrage.
But apparently that is not allowed here.

How is it that MS lies during the gestation of the Xbox 360 are now only classified as little? Oh **** it I'm not going through this with you again.

ypo said:
"Yes yes, pigeonhole those who you disagree with into a little easily dismisable box of fanboyism so you can disregard EVERYTHING they say regardles of merit."

but the thing is you are a bitter sega fanboy who BS all the time. And stangely that's a trait of pretty much all bitter sega fanboys.

"oh that makes 2005 all true now! awesome!"

oh good thing I didn't say that. You are such a genius.

"of course, your posting history shows you are totally the middle ground!"

:lol sorry but I'm not you. I didn't claim that I'm unbiased because I own more than one system like you did. I've already said that I'm biased, but if it makes you feel better I'll say it again. I'm biased. Oh shit that was easy. Now it's your turn to give it a try. Or are you still on that charade of yours?

Please tell me, what bulshit have I spouted here?
If I do it all the time im sure you will have no problems pointing out all the BS posts I have made.

Kittonwy said:
Well if the great FISHIE is saying they're wrong... well there's no hope for Kotaku, it's seppuku time for them.
Indifferent2.gif

You did?
Indifferent2.gif

So you're saying the Unreal presentation, the duck demo and the Dr. Octopus demo weren't real?
Indifferent2.gif

Developers should really keep target render footage strictly to internal presentations, I don't see any problem in using them to show the games to get ideas approved though. :3

Oh they were real alright, just not running on a PS3 devkit

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
DarienA said:
How is it that MS lies during the gestation of the Xbox 360 are now only classified as little? Oh **** it I'm not going through this with you again.

I'm amazed Fishie can so persistently pick Sony up for certain things they never promised - like "standard" wifi - but excuse much more significant things like MS's retreat on a HDD in every box as little white lies :lol Oh, and what's that? Sony delivering on MS undelivered promises? :eek: I wonder what Fishie thinks of that? :p

TheDuce22

Banned
gofreak said:
I'm amazed Fishie can so persistently pick Sony up for certain things they never promised - like "standard" wifi - but excuse much more significant things like MS's retreat on a HDD in every box as little white lies :lol Oh, and what's that? Sony delivering on MS undelivered promises? :eek: I wonder what Fishie thinks of that? :p

Your one to talk. :lol

gofreak said:

For your information, I did make a thread here apologising for being wrong and comending Sony for making HDD standard in PS3, before I got my thread making capabilities stripped is.
Do a search for threads started by me.
So its not like I cant admit it when im wrong and cant give Sony credit where credit is due like you seem to imply.

nothing about Sony lying about final specs will EVER be ridiculous. Doubtful that this later rumor is true, but :lol at Sonyand their rebuttle. Their example of fitting components into small packages is their console re-releases years after the components have been in production and signifigantly downsized?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Fishie flop oog said:
For your information, I did make a thread here apologising for being wrong and comending Sony for making HDD standard in PS3, before I got my thread making capabilities stripped is.
Do a search for threads started by me.
So its not like I cant admit it when im wrong and cant give Sony credit where credit is due like you seem to imply.

But you still insist on bringing that shit up over and over - "standard wifi". And you're still prattling on about E3 05 CG and 'the great deception', holding out a few blind fanboys of evidence of that deception. Most people here got it a long time ago! Yet you go on and on and on and on and on about it. If you're trying to make a point about the credibility of statements coming out of a company, I've news for you - they all have lied, they've all made crazy claims. Are we to doubt any claim ever made?

TheDuce - flesh out your comparison, I need a laugh!

ypo

"Please tell me, what bulshit have I spouted here?"

well for one, you claimed the reason you didn't bitch about the *lies* of MS because you weren't around. :lol yea right.

"awesome - so you think sony lied in 2005 too then? so why the sarcy comments? seems to be completely without merit unless you believe what sony said surely?"

:lol it was a follow up post to fortified_concept's post, smart guy.

TheDuce22

Banned
gofreak said:

Your like a bizzaro/more polite verison of Fishie. You both spin everything related to Sony, just in opposite directions. I dare you to say one nice thing about MS or Xbox 360. Just one! :lol

artist

Banned
TheDuce22 said:
Your like a bizzaro/more polite verison of Fishie. You both spin everything related to Sony, just in opposite directions.
WTF, oh wait! :lol

DarienA said:
What person in their right mind would respond to an article posted on Kotaku?
Jonathan Fargher, Sony spokesperson

:D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TheDuce22 said:
Your like a bizzaro/more polite verison of Fishie. You both spin everything related to Sony, just in opposite directions. I dare you to say one nice thing about MS or Xbox 360. Just one! :lol

I have more of a tendancy to spin stupidity, and Sony receives a lot of it. Mix that with a liking for PS3 et voila.

There's a fundamental difference between having a positive bias and having a negative one that trolls threads. A really big difference. If I wanted to be a bizzarro sony-leaning fishie, I've no doubt you'd find me a billion times more irritating.

As for nice things about MS or 360, don't assume that if I don't talk much about it I've only negative things to say. I'm sure if you'll try hard enough you'll find something :) If you're stuck, ask me about something specific if you really care that much.

gofreak said:
But you still insist on bringing that shit up over and over - "standard wifi". And you're still prattling on about E3 05 CG and 'the great deception', holding out a few blind fanboys of evidence of that deception. Most people here got it a long time ago! Yet you go on and on and on and on and on about it. If you're trying to make a point about the credibility of statements coming out of a company, I've news for you - they all have lied, they've all made crazy claims. Are we to doubt any claim ever made?

No they dont and I pointed it out in another thread.
Guys like you and SSX were saying crap like spring doesnt end till July, it would be a generational leap past the 360, next gen didnt start till spring and whatever all at a price the same or lower then that of the 360.
And suddenly those things changed to anyone who expected a big leap over 360 didnt know what they were talking about, 600$ is a steal for what you get and nobody was expecting a spring release anyway.

The historical revisionism with regards to PS3 defies belief and those who were saying from the start that the PS3 was NOT a generational leap over 360, those who were saying that it wouldnt see a spring release, those who were saying it wouldnt fit in the mock ups were ridiculed and banned(saying it wouldnt fit into the case previously shown was a bannable offense here, guess what final shell is 40% larger then what they showed and in volume the PS3 is bigger then the original XBox now) yet now those who were proven right are still on the defensive exactly because they were right.

Those who have been proven right are still attacked exactly because what they said played out.
Its as if the so called sony defense force here took their cues from the Bush white house.
Attack those who were proven right for being right in the first place.

DCharlie

Banned
There's a fundamental difference between having a positive bias and having a negative one that trolls threads.

given that it's usually based on unproved info (well, sometimes) then i'm not sure i agree - but anyways. There's always going to be two sides to everything, with the same people lining up on the same sides.

positive bias can be offensive too! ;)

stealth bais can be even more offensive, if you are a stealth troll you are part of the problem.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Fishie flop oog said:
it would be a generational leap past the 360, next gen didnt start till spring and whatever all at a price the same or lower then that of the 360.

What a load of crap. I dare you to find me saying any of that.

I've argued PS3's technical superiority, but never "a generational leap". I don't think ever used the term "next gen starts..". I predicted $500-600 pricepoint and was called crazy for it pre-E3.

DCharlie said:
positive bias can be offensive too! ;)

At worst it's naive if it's completely blind. Do you find me offensive?

ypo said:
"Please tell me, what bulshit have I spouted here?"

well for one, you claimed the reason you didn't bitch about the *lies* of MS because you weren't around. :lol yea right.

"awesome - so you think sony lied in 2005 too then? so why the sarcy comments? seems to be completely without merit unless you believe what sony said surely?"

:lol it was a follow up post to fortified_concept's post, smart guy.

I did trash MS for their crap, I just wasnt here when that happened.
And as I mentioned before, some of those did carry over to gaf when I aired my displeasure on the other board and those too were done of as the ramblings of a fanboy.
There were threads here over my next gen xbox is underwhelming and ridge racer 6 is just PSP RR in high res posts before they were officially shown.

But again believe what you want to believe, the facts remain that I gave MS a hard time as well.

Razoric

Banned
How can anyone say Fishie is in the Xbot camp? Did you not read his impressions before E3 2005? He knew 360s showing was going to be total shit.

bigfurb

Guys like you and SSX were saying crap like spring doesnt end till July, it would be a generational leap past the 360, next gen didnt start till spring and whatever all at a price the same or lower then that of the 360.
I think you have these guys confused with somebody else, but if you can point us in the directions of the threads they made those statements then more power to you

DCharlie said:
i'm not sure which side of the fence ypo sits on, should you ignore him? probably!

you can't even come near to me. You dream of being even close to my stratosphere of awesomeness. You are too busy being a sony whore to comprehend that i HATE sony whores and not sony. It's okay - maybe some education and a few years of experience and you'll get it ...

anyways, to clarify - i have nothing against sony. GAF is not real life. It's an arena for having a go at total cumwads.

Again, i HATE with a passion hard core sony fan boys. if that means i hate Sony (which i don't particularly thing i do) then fine - sign me up - I HATE SONY.

awesome - so you think sony lied in 2005 too then? so why the sarcy comments? seems to be completely without merit unless you believe what sony said surely?

The saddest thing about GAF and gamers in general is how pathetically immature and antisocial the mostly 20 to 40 year old male demographic can be. It's awful that people that ENJOY playing games have to contend with both fanboys and haters alike...haters being equally as bad. Even the most seasoned of GAF veterans can sometimes fall into these categories. Why must everyone sink so low?

Can we please revert back to the days where people just ignored PR hyperbole like normal human beings with other interests do? You don't see people writing on forums and sub-journalistic websites about how OXY CLEAN doesn't get out those pesky grass stains like it claims on the infomercial! This industry and its patrons need to seriously grow the **** up.

Top Bottom