• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroBot

What if we get Kratos vs. Nariko? (Heavenly Sword)

After saying that out loud, I really want a PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale sequel.

Kouichi

I love hearing all these people who want another Playstation All-stars. Glad I'm not the only one who has it on their dreams list <3

And Gravity Rush 2. ;)

2Wh5y4A.gif

Hey, will this also be a PSVR title? Could be even more awesome!

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Another vote for PSASBR2. I enjoyed that game way more than I did Smash 4.
I really fucking hope not. They first teased this game two years ago.
Oh right, back when it was also a Vita game.. ;_;

2 big SCEJ titles in the same year tho.. that's too much for the world to handle. TLG in September, GR2 in April, that's my bet.

They dont need to change PSASBR too much, since its actually decentish beginning step for sequels. Unless that brand is tainted.

Shouldnt PSASBR2 be relativly easy to fix? Removing supers-only rule and making normal health bar would be waaaay better. After that just fix menu. And add fanservice with more songs etc.

Of course Sony has to be serious so they can get even more valuable IPs for it.

Kouichi

Am I the only one who would want PSASBR2 to be a 3D fighter like Tekken rather than a Smash Bros. clone?

I adore Smash clones, but, after the reception of the first, I think they should stray away from it as much as possible. All it does is create negative perception for the game and prevent it from standing out on it's own. I do think it should be 3D as well as it fits the Playstation characters origins just as 2D fits Nintendo, but I'd prefer a Power Stone clone or an arena fighter of some sort. It'd help the game stand out on it's own since arena fighters are practically nonexistent these days. Arena fighters are also usually easy to play and get into as just a fun party game, which I think is the best route to go with crossover fighters.

Javin98

Banned
I adore Smash clones, but, after the reception of the first, I think they should stray away from it as much as possible. All it does is create negative perception for the game and prevent it from standing out on it's own. I do think it should be 3D as well as it fits the Playstation characters origins just as 2D fits Nintendo, but I'd prefer a Power Stone clone or an arena fighter of some sort. It'd help the game stand out on it's own since arena fighters are practically nonexistent these days. Arena fighters are also usually easy to play and get into as just a fun party game, which I think is the best route to go with crossover fighters.
Sorry for being a dummy, but can you explain what an arena fighter is?

delSai

They dont need to change PSASBR too much, since its actually decentish beginning step for sequels. Unless that brand is tainted.

Shouldnt PSASBR2 be relativly easy to fix? Removing supers-only rule and making normal health bar would be waaaay better. After that just fix menu. And add fanservice with more songs etc.

Of course Sony has to be serious so they can get even more valuable IPs for it.

I agree with everything except for the "Remove Supers put in Health bars".
Guess i'm one of the 2 people on Gaf that dont want that system to change :(

I think he means something like Anarchy Reigns for example, a fighting game in third person view. Jojo's Eyes of Heaven & J-Stars Victory VS would also fall into this genre.

I just published my predictions for Push Square. I really enjoy doing these. I always try to keep it quite grounded, and base the predictions off a combination of common sense and rumours, so here's what I've got:

• Conference starts with Crash 4 teaser trailer. Shawn Layden on stage with PSX t-shirt on to confirm brand is now owned by Sony. New game in dev for PS4; emulated versions of original trilogy "available now" for PS4 with Trophies.
  • God of War IV trailer and gameplay demo. 2017.
  • The Last Guardian trailer with 30th August release date.
  • Dead Don't Ride trailer and gameplay demo. 2017.
  • First-party montage showing Gravity Rush 2, New Hots Golf, Dreams, and more.
  • Destiny: Rise of Iron exclusive content.
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare campaign demo.
  • Watch Dogs 2 exclusive content.
  • Resident Evil "7" gameplay demo.
  • Final Fantasy XV trailer. PS4 version of the game comes with exclusive Final Fantasy VII Remake demo.
  • Indie game montage. Her Story, Stardew Valley, and Undertale are coming to PS4.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 reveal trailer.
  • PlayStation VR release date. Reveals of two new games: Star Wars Battlefront VR and Spider-Man VR. (Latter is not developed by Sucker Punch or Insomniac.)
  • PS4K shown off and explained by Mark Cerny. More information at Gamescom. Tentative late September release date.
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn gameplay demo shown running in realtime on PS4K.

I elaborate on all of my thoughts here: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/06/feature_sony_playstation_e3_2016_press_conference_predictions

What do you think?

Javin98

Banned
I think he means something like Anarchy Reigns for example, a fighting game in third person view. Jojo's Eyes of Heaven & J-Stars Victory VS would also fall into this genre.
Just watched a gameplay vid of Anarchy Reigns and I would kill for a PSASBR game like that. Can you imagine if the stages were designed to cater to each character's traits too? Like Nathan Drake could use his rope swinging, Delsin can use vents to vanish, etc.

ar4757

I just published my predictions for Push Square. I really enjoy doing these. I always try to keep it quite grounded, and base the predictions off a combination of common sense and rumours, so here's what I've got:

• Conference starts with Crash 4 teaser trailer. Shawn Layden on stage with PSX t-shirt on to confirm brand is now owned by Sony. New game in dev for PS4; emulated versions of original trilogy "available now" for PS4 with Trophies.
  • Final Fantasy XV trailer. PS4 version of the game comes with exclusive Final Fantasy VII Remake demo.
  • Indie game montage. Her Story, Stardew Valley, and Undertale are coming to PS4.
  • PlayStation VR release date. Reveals of two new games: Star Wars Battlefront VR and Spider-Man VR. (Latter is not developed by Sucker Punch or Insomniac.)
  • PS4K shown off and explained by Mark Cerny. More information at Gamescom. Tentative late September release date.

I elaborate on all of my thoughts here: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/06/feature_sony_playstation_e3_2016_press_conference_predictions

What do you think?

I think it's quite feasible, but that's my problem with it haha - I want at least one big curve ball thrown in, which I know is pretty likely we'll get

Althought the super-only is not THAT bad, like 85% of all people hate that shit and rest just dont mind it too much. If it gives the game better reception then it should be just left behind lol. Also it only restricts characters.

Of course I have had this compromise idea of health bars AND supers would still be instant kills. It would create strategy wether to fight against health bar or trying to land a decisive blow.

I enjoyed the first game a lot, but I don't have a strong enough opinion on the gameplay one way or the other to know what would be the best for it going forward. I don't really played a lot of fighting games and I found it pretty fun and accessible, but I guess a lot of aficionados would be looking for more depth, primarily.

And, for fuck's sake redesign the menus. They looked like they'd been slapped together the week before it went gold in an afternoon or two.

2 big SCEJ titles in the same year tho.. that's too much for the world to handle. TLG in September, GR2 in April, that's my bet.

Good lord @ April for GR2 no no no no no no that will not do

Don't even put this into the universe right now. Switch those dates around pls

Javin98

Banned

What do you think?
Woah, woah, grounded? I see at least two gigatons there! :p

On a more serious note, I can definitely see this happening. However, I hope Sony would close the conference with a mic drop moment. Something like Red Dead 3 would fit the bill. Also, with Kojima Productions English Twitter account going live just a few days ago, you don't think we will at least get a short teaser of his game? Overall, solid list though and if everything does happen, it would easily rival last year's conference for me.

Evilisk

I also like the system

But I also realize that the system wasn't a big hit. People just didn't get it, and even the ones that did were mixed on whether it was actually a good idea.

I'd like it to return and be explored, but I'm saying that purely as a guy that wants to see more Platform Fighters that aren't Smash clones.

As a fan of the series, and as someone that wants to see a sequel really succeed however, I think it would be smarter to just do something else.

Personally I think an Anarchy Reigns styled sequel would be great. The gameplay is loved enough that people would eat it up even if they weren't necessarily fans of the IP's, and there's also no stiff competition either.

strafer

The question isn't whether God of War will be there (it will), the question is...is Kratos the main character?

Hmmm..

Yes. Kratos is the best. He should be the main character in every GoW game.

What are you saying? Will God of War 4 happen?

Don't say no.

delSai

• PlayStation VR release date. Reveals of two new games: Star Wars Battlefront VR

Star Wars VR and the release date are already a thing no?
I think they'll have a F2P montage again and announce some new F2P games like Marvel Heroes.

Just watched a gameplay vid of Anarchy Reigns and I would kill for a PSASBR game like that. Can you imagine if the stages were designed to cater to each character's traits too? Like Nathan Drake could use his rope swinging, Delsin can use vents to vanish, etc.

I like the genre but it could go either way really. When you have those fast characters someone like Parappa would just be useless and underpowered and if he's not in people will be pissed off.
But i agree the idea of dashing around a map with Delsin and fighting other PS All-Stars sounds cool...

Javin98

Banned
I like the genre but it could go either way really. When you have those fast characters someone like Parappa would just be useless and underpowered and if he's not in people will be pissed off.
But i agree the idea of dashing around a map with Delsin and fighting other PS All-Stars sounds cool...
Well, if balanced properly, I don't see it as an issue. But if it has horrible balance like in NRS's games, then good Lord...

Star Wars VR and the release date are already a thing no?
I think they'll have a F2P montage again and announce some new F2P games like Marvel Heroes.

Well, yes and no. We obviously know PlayStation VR is coming in October, but we don't know when in October. And we haven't seen the Star Wars Battlefront game yet, so I suspect they'll have a trailer for it.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Good lord @ April for GR2 no no no no no no that will not do

Don't even put this into the universe right now. Switch those dates around pls
It only makes sense :p Ueda just recently reconfirmed TLG in 2016, we're also getting a Gran Turismo this year, and with Horizon slated for late February, I can't see GR2 coming out any time sooner.

Kouichi

The way I describe it is that, what makes 3D arena fighters different from traditional 3D fighters is the same some of the same gameplay mechanics that separate Smash Bros from traditional 2D fighters, which is the large freedom of movement and the big focus on the stage itself playing an important role, whether it's through dropping items all around the stage, stage hazards, and/or just being able to traverse around the arena to better position your character. But what separates it from Smash is, obviously, the 3D perspective. So yeah games like Anarchy Reigns and Jojos would fall into this, but also Power Stone which I tihnk is the best game to clone for a spiritual successor to All-Stars. Or maybe something completely unique.

Javin98

Banned
The way I describe it is that, what makes 3D arena fighters different from traditional 3D fighters is the same some of the same gameplay mechanics that separate Smash Bros from traditional 2D fighters, which is the large freedom of movement and the big focus on the stage itself playing an important role, whether it's through dropping items all around the stage, stage hazards, and/or just being able to traverse around the arena to better position your character. But what separates it from Smash is, obviously, the 3D perspective. So yeah games like Anarchy Reigns and Jojos would fall into this, but also Power Stone which I tihnk is the best game to clone for a spiritual successor to All-Stars. Or maybe something completely unique.
Yep, looked up Anarchy Reigns and I would definitely dig a fighter like that. You can see some of my ideas for the game above. ;)

delSai

And, for fuck's sake redesign the menus. They looked like they'd been slapped together the week before it went gold in an afternoon or two.

This definitely has to and will happen, no way in hell the next game will have those ugly menus again.

Well, yes and no. We obviously know PlayStation VR is coming in October, but we don't know when in October. And we haven't seen the Star Wars Battlefront game yet, so I suspect they'll have a trailer for it.

Ah, i was pretty sure we had a release date and not just a month, my bad.

FelipeMGM

What do you think?

I like your conference Sammy B, especially if Stardew Valley is out on the PS4 on Jun 14th, need that game ASAP

I hope we see more gameplay (and hopefully release dates) for:

Bound (the ballet-platforming game from SSM/Plastic [Linger in Shadows/Datura])

What Remains of Edith Finch (strange FP adventure/walking sim I guess? by SSM/Giant Sparrow [The Unfinished Swan])

Boundless (looks like No Man's Sky x Minecraft, FP exploration/adventure with PC/PS4 cross-platform play by a developer called Turbulenz)

ABZU (basically Journey, but under the ocean, by 505 Games/Giant Squid)

FelipeMGM

@shinobi602 I don't want leaks of announcements, but do you know if Detroit: Become Human from Quantic Dream or Wild from Michel Ancel will be at E3 ?
Just French concerns.

Im not newman but, Detroit apearead a lot on the Geoff Keighley sizzle reel about his E3 coverage and Guillaume (QD CEO) tweeted this:
Guillaume de Fondaumière said:
Don't miss the Playstation Conference, live on 6/13/16!

So I guess there is a good chance? Who knows, before these two signs I would bet that it wouldnt be there but now IDK

WiLD prob not, Ancel will be too busy showing Beyond Good & Evil 2 at Ubi
BELIEVE

Eggbok

Would be cool if the conference started with Uncharted 4 and it's a new house scene like the one with Drake and Elena in the beginning of the game. But this time he picks up a DualShock 4 and a new game is shown.

Javin98

Banned
With all these bigger megatons, I almost forgot about Bloodborne 2. Does anyone else think we'll see it there? I definitely hope so, Bloodborne was awesome. 2 years sounds about right for From Software's development cycle, right? I'm wondering when it will release, though.

Would be cool if the conference started with Uncharted 4 and it's a new house scene like the one with Drake and Elena in the beginning of the game. But this time he picks up a DualShock 4 and a new game is shown.

That would be the greatest E3 moment ever.

kind of a random question but how hard is it to get into E3 these days?

I went to E3 back in the day when the Wii was first playable. Miss those days and would like to go to E3 again.

Now imagine Elena has a ps 4 in her hands and she tells Drake :Hey I got a PS4 so we can retire our old Playstation and start playing new games!
Drake :I thought you only liked that orange racoon game!
Elena opens a bag and gets Crash Bandicoot Drake's nightmare for PS4 and the crowd goes nuts

I hope we see more gameplay (and hopefully release dates) for:

Bound (the ballet-platforming game from SSM/Plastic [Linger in Shadows/Datura])

What Remains of Edith Finch (strange FP adventure/walking sim I guess? by SSM/Giant Sparrow [The Unfinished Swan])

Boundless (looks like No Man's Sky x Minecraft, FP exploration/adventure with PC/PS4 cross-platform play by a developer called Turbulenz)

ABZU (basically Journey, but under the ocean, by 505 Games/Giant Squid)
I hope to see all of these and Hunger. it's trailer was amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ctdjfUbLDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom