• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my head I'm trying to work out how RE7 could be made. Firstly RE6 was hugely ambitious (I thought it was an awesome game for what it's worth). I would have to put at least a 60 million dollar budget on it.

So to make an RE7 it needs to be bigger right? That's how developers think these days anyway. So you have a game that needs to be big to live up to its legacy and if you're following in the footsteps of last 2 games you have to make another hugely ambitious campaign. So now it just comes down to money, Capcom aren't in great financial shape, Street Fighter 5 hasn't been setting the charts on fire....

So then you think about a company like Sony stepping in to help out. What's in it for them? They get another console exclusive on their belt but at what cost? How many millions would they need to throw down to tick all of the boxes above?

I'm a huge advocate for RE7, maybe more so than most but I've been scratching my head about this for awhile...

RE7 sells in all regions, people would buy a PS4 for the game and Sony have enough money, they didn't make UC4 and the like on a happy meal budget. There's nothing to tell here, if RE7 is exclusive to PS4 then Sony ponied up the moolah because they ain't gonna turn down such a big franchise, RE6 was so shit and it did well. Capcom are cheap as chips at this point, I don't think they're paying for anything internally.

I honestly believe that Nintendo are paying fully for MH, Sony for DMC and MS for DR4. I really hope RE7 ain't exclusive though, Capcom surely can't cheap out on their biggest franchise........then again those MH PS2 assets still being used leaves me going :/

I dont believe VR means any sort of exclusivity to a particular platform other than the VR version. Aren't there already multiplat games with PSVR exclusivity announced?

So... I dont really think if it's that it's a big deal, especially as with XB1 in it's current state, it can't do VR anyway and on PC fans would without a doubt mod in VR functionality if there is no official solution offered.

Unless you mean it is VR game only.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Everyone assumed VR meant, well VR.

But Dragon sort of hinted that VR has more to do with the games origins then actual virtual reality. As in VR stands for something else.

RE7 seems like its big enough that Capcom would probably want it on everything and feel OK taking that one on themselves.

A new Devil May Cry though.... DMC is not exactly a consistent hit. And if Capcom are gun shy I think that would be the one they go pitching to first parties.

Rozart

I've got a bowl of strawberry sorbet set aside for MS's conference and now, I'm pondering on what I should have for Sony's. That E3 Food & Snacks thread has got me good.

CrayToes

I hope RE isn't exclusive. That would suck for a lot of people and judging by SFV, I don't think it would really do the game any favours, either.

DMC5 makes much more sense as it represents a risk for Capcom to self fund and PlayStation is undoubtedly it's target audience.

LuuKyK

I hope RE isn't exclusive. That would suck for a lot of people and judging by SFV, I don't think it would really do the game any favours, either.

DMC5 makes much more sense as it represents a risk for Capcom to self fund and PlayStation is undoubtedly it's target audience.

To be fair though, and I could be wrong here as I haven't personally played or followed closely SFV, but it didn't really bomb right? Also most of the criticism and complaints from the community came due to the fact that it was an incomplete product, so I don't think having it as an example in this case is valid, considering that it being exclusive wasn't really the reason it underperform.

CrayToes

To be fair though, and I could be wrong here as I haven't personally played or followed closely SFV, but it didn't really bomb right? Also most of the criticism and complaints from the community came due to the fact that it was an incomplete product, so I don't think having it as an example in this case is valid, considering that it being exclusive wasn't really the reason it underperform.

I was talking more about the quality of the game. Generally, aiming for one platform with the backing of the platform holder will lead to a higher quality product. I'm not sure that was the case for SFV.

Feorax

Find it really interesting that all eyes are on Sony this year. Not sure whether it's because of last year or just the current state of the platforms. Either way, this is the most skewed E3 I can remember in terms of expectation,

I feel like Microsoft is going to have a really good show (a shame about the leaks though), but how it's viewed is going to come down to how people judge Sony's offerings. I think if Sony have a poor showing, especially compared to last year, MS might take something of a victory by default, much like Sony did when Ms was dicking about in the early days of Kinect.

I guess what I'm trying to say is MS have nothing to lose by simply being "solid", whereas I'm not sure Sony have that luxury this year.

EA will have helped though. I mean, nothing could be THAT bad, right?

Turin

Banned
Certainly not expecting Sony to blow my socks off like they did last year.

I'm just hoping to see more new IP announcements like Horizon.

duhmetree

Some guy on twitter who has leaked things about Destiny before has posted some pictures... They look like Cabal themed to me.. Interesting.

Cku_3tuXIAAghb5.jpg

Cku9M25WYAEgLII.jpg

Cku9kDNWkAAw_WI.jpg

Destiny 2 reveal? Or I'm looking too far into it..

edit- how can I make them smaller?

Elfstruck

Some guy on twitter who has leaked things about Destiny before has posted some pictures... They look like Cabal themed to me.. Interesting.

Cku_3tuXIAAghb5.jpg

Cku9M25WYAEgLII.jpg

Cku9kDNWkAAw_WI.jpg

I played only the first year of Destiny, so correct me if I'm wrong, but those concept arts look rather new to me. So maybe Destiny 2.

duhmetree

I played only the first year of Destiny, so correct me if I'm wrong, but those concept arts look rather new to me. So maybe Destiny 2.

Yeah, I have well over 1000 hours. These are new to me as well.

edit - It doesn't fit anything we've seen already and it doesn't fit the mold of Rise of Iron. We haven't seen what Cabal territory looks like. This could be it.

TEH-CJ

Banned

Cku_3tuXIAAghb5.jpg

Cku9M25WYAEgLII.jpg

Cku9kDNWkAAw_WI.jpg

edit- how can I make them smaller?

Probably from the new DLC coming out soon.

wapplew

EA will have helped though. I mean, nothing could be THAT bad, right?

It could.
If Spider-man and RE both as 15 minutes VR experience. GoW4 still is Kratos at greek, Dead don't ride just another open world tower zombie game. It will be worst than EA.

I was convinced I would wake up this morning to a flood of Sony leaks. Glad that wasn't the case!

But anything can still happen from now until the presser.

duhmetree

Probably from the new DLC coming out soon.

The warlock looks cabal themed to me. The scarf looks like it belongs patrolling the sand dunes of Mars, where the Cabal currently reside.

Those structures are something we haven't seen before. We've seen Vex. We've seen Fallen. We've seen Hive. Cabal architecture is the only one missing.

The pieces fit... or I'm jamming them into place... I guess we'll find out soon

Certainly not expecting Sony to blow my socks off like they did last year.

I'm just hoping to see more new IP announcements like Horizon.

I think they can do better then last year in terms of showing a lot of games that are far along in development. They have by the biggest list of games they can show, exclusive or otherwise.

TEH-CJ

Banned
The warlock looks cabal themed to me. The scarf looks like it belongs patrolling the sand dunes of Mars, where the Cabal currently reside.

Those structures are something we haven't seen before. We've seen Vex. We've seen Fallen. We've seen Hive. Cabal architecture is the only one missing.

The pieces fit... or I'm jamming them into place... I guess we'll find out soon

You might be on to something here. We will find out soon :)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Have there been any rumblings about a PS4 slim? Sorry if this has been asked a lot.

Thought I read something in one of the neo threads that there wouldn't be much cost savings in shrinking the ps4 and that's part of the reason they are doing the neo refresh due to similar costs.

Audioboxer

Have there been any rumblings about a PS4 slim? Sorry if this has been asked a lot.

Doubt they can slim the console much. However not having something with 4k BR playback this fall will be a mistake with the One S due. Sony being beat to BR playback puts a little egg on their face.

jelly

It will be interesting to see how Sony respond to the Xbox slim with 4K if they don't have one themselves other than Neo. I imagine they do have a slim though, cost savings alone must be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom