• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, let's talk about the boring stuff.

Expecting spotlights for Destiny (blah), maybe Titanfall trailer again, Call'a Duty, Watch Dogs trailer again, PS VR dev blog...

Mudd

e3_sony.png

You're welcome GAF

Geoff: "There's not a lot of leaks [about Sony], but it's going to be an amazing show... trust me."

They killed everyone that could talk. The people that built the sets, they're dead. The people that filmed the rehearsal, they're dead. It has to be the only way nothing has gotten out.

Stuart444

Posted in the locked thread but will repost here:

Shout out to my fellow UK gaffers staying up. 2am start over here. I've actually lost count at how many I've done this for now.

Even more interesting I really have no idea what's going to be in this conference. Sony has done a decent job holding back the leaks.

Can't wait. I don't think it can beat last year with Last Guardian and FFVII:R but hoping for a great show.

Yeah, I do this all the time. Usually do my best to make sure I have no appointments or anything on Tuesday so I can stay up late without worry. Always fun watching this live.

Simo

It would be a surprise as Rockstar doesn't really debut their games at E3. MS announced GTA4 on stage, but they didn't have anything to show. The actual trailer debuted debuted in March 2007. Redemption was announced in February 2009 and the trailer debuted that December. And GTAV was announced in October 2011 with the trailer debuting a week later. In other words, Rockstar really doesn't do E3. So it would absolutely be a surprise if they announced and debuted a trailer for one of their games at E3.

They've still had a presence at E3 though.
  • 2005: Rockstar debuts a tech demo on PS3 for a Western project that becomes Red Dead Redemption.
  • 2006: Rockstar announces Grand Theft Auto IV. Peter Moore announces it's coming to Xbox 360 with exclusive content.
  • 2007: A new GTAIV Trailer debuts with a "October 2007" release date and again, exclusive DLC is mentioned at Microsoft's Conference.
  • 2008: Rockstar announces GTA: Chinatown Wars. This is done on Nintendo's stage and conference for the Nintendo DS.
  • 2009: Rockstar announces Agent as a Playstation 3 exclusive during Sony's conference.
  • 2013: A GTAV PS3 bundle is announced during Sony's conference as well as GTAV themed Pulse Elite Headsets.
  • 2014: GTAV: Remastered is announced during Sony's conference and a PS4 bundle is announced.

Rockstar skipped E3 in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2015. They skipped 2010 because RDR had just ben released and Max Payne 3 and L.A Noire were nowhere near in a state to be shown and they studio was working on RDR: Undead Nightmare. They had planned to be at E 2011, and there documents proving this, to show off L.A Noire but the state of the game as well as the butting of heads between Rockstar and Team Bondi forced Rockstar to can those plans. E3 2012, again Rockstar had just released Max Payne 3 some 3 weeks prior and weren't ready to show off GTAV.

Raven77

So the image says it starts at 8 central time, or roughly 1 hour from now. The countdown is for 30 minutes. Is it a pre-show or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom