• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Begaria

Shinobi doubling down on that Horizon delay. Eh, that's alright. I've got Dragon Quest Builders coming in October so I'm good.

Zukkoyaki

Horizon being delayed is fine. It's a massive new IP that I feel Sony and Guerrilla absolutely have to nail. More time means a better game and a slower release window means more eyes on it and people buying it.

Plus they have The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo, and PSVR for the holiday season.

DieH@rd

Banned
Lol.

Nope.

Looks like Sony is pushing on with the belief that "wave of inertia" will sell their console during holidays no matter what 1st party games they release in that period... This has served them well so far in PS4 gen, they released more exclusives outside holiday season to boost sales during "quiet" months/quarters.

Anyways, reasons be damned, I hope the game will be great [and that Sony will market it better than Until Dawn/Ratchet].

Daft Punk

Banned
Looks like Sony is pushing on with the belief that "wave of inertia" will sell their console during holidays no matter what 1st party games they release in that period... This has served them well so far in PS4 gen, they released more exclusives outside holiday season to boost sales during "quiet" months/quarters.

With how the PS4 is selling, do they really need to go with MS's "playoff" style game release schedule?

Shredderi

The fact that GG said last year that they would delay into 2017 if necessary confirmed that it wouldn't release in 2016. They were just softening the eventual blow.

Turkoop

Banned
DizzyBabyishCrocodileskink.gif
fantastic
Lol.

Nope.

Sir, can we expect any teaser from you in the next days ?

delSai

so, looks like Destiny's new stuff will be revealed next week, before the Sony's conference
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227353

Before? Huh. I wouldn't be surprised if they still show something Destiny related at the conference tho.

Sir, can we expect any teaser from you in the next days ?

Why do you always want the surprises to be ruined lol. C'mon, E3 is right around the corner, you can survive with out hints/leaks/teases.

Insomniac games announces ape escape reboot using the ratchet and clank engine. Also available after the show ape escape 2&3 for ps2 classics with platinum trophies.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I'm curious: why do people want to see Agent so badly? Did we even see any gameplay of it, or do people want to see it simply because it was being made by Rockstar and became vaporware much like The Last Guardian?

Was that the poem or a new tease?
Yeah, the challenge accepted and the poem.

I'm curious: why do people want to see Agent so badly? Did we even see any gameplay of it, or do people want to see it simply because it became vaporware much like The Last Guardian?
It was a new IP from one of the best developers in the industry. It isn't complicated.

Insomniac games announces ape escape reboot using the ratchet and clank engine. Also available after the show ape escape 2&3 for ps2 classics with platinum trophies.
Yes, please!

delSai

I'm curious: why do people want to see Agent so badly? Did we even see any gameplay of it, or do people want to see it simply because it became vaporware much like The Last Guardian?

I think being a new IP by Rockstar (and Ps3 exclusive back then) was enough reason for many people.

I'm curious: why do people want to see Agent so badly? Did we even see any gameplay of it, or do people want to see it simply because it was being made by Rockstar and became vaporware much like The Last Guardian?
Just from this description alone,
The game is set during the Cold War and will take players into "the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations
and the fact that is being made by Rockstar, should be enough to get anyone hyped, specially after RDR.

SamNW

so, looks like Destiny's new stuff will be revealed next week, before the Sony's conference
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227353

This obviously doesn't rule out Destiny being shown off in some capacity at Sony's conference, but I do like what it suggests about the amount of time that will be spent on Destiny.

On a separate note, I see throughout this thread some talk of "E3 spoilers." I feel like I'm almost alone in just wanting to know everything now. I don't care too much about the song and dance that Sony will do. I'm much more interested in the information itself. The spin and polish are fun to analyze, but they're superfluous.

This obviously doesn't rule out Destiny being shown off in some capacity at Sony's conference, but I do like what it suggests about the amount of time that will be spent on Destiny.

On a separate note, I see throughout this thread some talk of "E3 spoilers." I feel like I'm almost alone in just wanting to know everything now. I don't care too much about the song and dance that Sony will do. I'm much more interested in the information itself. The spin and polish are fun to analyze, but it's superfluous.
Eh, it isn't like people are clamoring for PR speech lol. It is just wanting to experience that surprise of finally figuring out what will be announced.

Imagine if TLG, FF7R and Shenmue 3 had been full blown leaked before E3. Like images and videos and the whole nine yards. Those moments at E3 would have been ruined or at least heavily dampened. Fortunately, there were just reports that nobody believed. :p

I just want to say, I was calling the Horizon delay aeons ago. Even if it was ready in time, releasing a new IP like that in the midst of the holiday season would be sending it to its death anyway. A February-April date will be far more beneficial for the game.

SamNW

Eh, it isn't like people are clamoring for PR speech lol. It is just wanting to experience that surprise of finally figuring out what will be announced.

Imagine if TLG, FF7R and Shenmue 3 had been full blown leaked before E3. Like images and videos and the whole nine yards. Those moments at E3 would have been ruined or at least heavily dampened. Fortunately, there were just reports that nobody believed. :p

Right. I totally get the desire to be surprised. But I'd prefer a leak of everything in Sony's conference right now. The problem is that there's not a good way for leakers to leak trailers/gameplay.

I'm really lowering my hype right now.

I can't see Sony, or any company topping last year's press conference. Final Fantasy VII, Shenmue 3, and the Last Guardian were all confirmed to be real. When was the last time three "legendary" franchises were all resurrected on one stage?

The other thing:
I know the idea of bringing back old IPs sounds great in a forum post; but I just don't see it being one that moves the needle or does any thing for any one outside of the most faithful. This is what kinda gets me when people are calling this year's Sony E3 Dreams 2.0.

I think this year's E3 will be more in line with Sony's 2014 press conference, or Sony's 2008 press conference. They'll have a solid mix of third party, and just enough first party to reinforce their commitment to exclusive content. That's it.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Well, if your definition of what makes a conference great is the announcement of long awaited, eagerly anticipated games, then it stands to reason that last year's will never be topped. If, however, you are of those who can put aside the powerfully distorting effect of the heart and judge any showing by the sheer variety, originality and ambition of the games on stage, then I strongly believe that Sony has what it takes to produce their best E3 to date...

mejin

Anyways, reasons be damned, I hope the game will be great [and that Sony will market it better than Until Dawn/Ratchet].

GT Sport is november. We still don't know when TLG will launch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom