• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lust for crash is so puzzling.

On the one hand there is such a 'ughhh remaster station 4' attitude and then you have people begging for a dead game frachise with an even deader charcter mascot.

Crash is a relic of the bygone era. Maybe sony was just teasing the uncharted 4 mini game all along. There is no crash revival/remaster/remake.

What happened to championing new IPs?
Knack Driveclub Entwined Matterfall Horizon etc aren't new I.P.'s?

On the one hand there is such a 'ughhh remaster station 4' attitude and then you have people begging for a dead game frachise with an even deader charcter mascot.

I'm with you.
Crash (and Banjo) are both ugly and unappealing.
Give us new stuff or at least remaster good IPs.

Crash is a relic of the bygone era. Maybe sony was just teasing the uncharted 4 mini game all along. There is no crash revival/remaster/remake.

Oh hey, PSN's top sellers for May is up. Let's have a look at the results...

PS one and PS2 Classics:

Crash Bandicoot (1)
Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (2)
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (3)
CTR: Crash Team Racing (4)
Canis Canem Edit (RE)
Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (5)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (RE)
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy (RE)
Disney Pixar Toy Story 2 (7)
Final Fantasy IX (8)

Oh look, all four Crash games have topped the PS Classics list once again. That's really weird since no one cares about Crash anymore. It doesn't make sense that people are still buying those games in droves. 'Cos he's dead. And irrelevant. So why are people constantly buying the games? It's like a paradox or something.

Whatever this is probably won't be announced at E3...but anyway

sie_newtitle_1606059uy0u.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/06/sony-interactive-entertainment-spike-chunsoft-tease-new-titles/

It's interesting to think what this is. I'm assuming he showed him a Bloodborne 2 logo. What else could it be? It would have to be a sequel to something, otherwise the guy wouldn't know how to react. What would be a reboot that would excite in this situation? It would not be Crash... Maybe it's PlayStation Musou...

Liamc723

Boooorrrrrring.

orochi91

I'd be pissed if Sony actually dedicated time and resources to a new Crash game.

I played those PS1 Crash games a while back.

They are boring as fuck and game mechanics are way too basic.

This recent fervor for a new Crash game is the single-worst thing to come out of this gen.

Demand for a new Sly Cooper or Jak & Daxter is understandable, but Crash Bandicoot?

FF12 I think is more SE showing it. I'm glad they are. Means they are confident showing FFXV, KH3 etc.

Sony did this to get news of the announcement out of the way. Next week we'll have another live demo of the game.

But yea I agree. I think there will be a lot of games we see next week that we don't know anything about. I love how people are assuming there's nothing to look forward to now lol.

Yeah, obviously it'll be hard to match last year but it feels great that they are once again confident enough to be revealing pretty big things either themselves or with big partners like S-E again prior to the conference, once again it seems hard to predict Sony's conference with the wide variety of Western or Japanese stuff they could probably put in it if they want to.

That's nobody else's fault but Sony's. Don't turn up to a conference in a Crash t-shirt if you've got nothing Crash related to show in the forseeable future.

This. They had to know what they were doing otherwise it was stupid.

All these announcements and leaks....and it's only Monday! lol

...maybe I should of taken off this whole week as a paid vacation instead of just next Sunday and Monday. =|

Yup, it begins! LOL

RK128

I'd be pissed if Sony actually dedicated time and resources to a new Crash game.

This recent fervor for a new Crash game is the single-worst thing to come out of this gen.

Demand for a new Sly Cooper or Jak & Daxter is understandable, but Crash Bandicoot?

......I don't care about talking about this; why is a new Crash such a damn issue? The games can adapt to modern technology very well and they hold up strongly. They had strong presentation, great level design, solid gameplay and a lot of heart. You know? Like Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper did as well.

I am so sick of people dissing the idea of a new Crash game and people have the RIGHT to be excited about something. Why can't I be excited about a new Crash game? I am some stupid idiot for wanting more 3D platformers on the market?

The 3D Mario Series (World and Land) ARE modern day versions of the Crash titles, blending 2D and 3D in such a natural and fun way.....yet those are phrased so much and rightly so. But people want 3D Mario to come out and happen. So, because they are Crash-like, should we loath them because Crash is such a horrid game, am I right?

Of course not, that is stupid logic but that is what you are employing with your comment. I am sorry if I sound mean but I am so tired of comments like yours with Crash.

.......And I thought making my Crash Retrospective was a good move on NeoGaf. Guess I'm wrong, as so many hate the series here.

THE:MILKMAN

All these announcements and leaks....and it's only Monday! lol

...maybe I should of taken off this whole week as a paid vacation instead of just next Sunday and Monday. =|

They need to clear a full hours worth of games to make way for the pitch for Neo/Iterative consoles! Mark Cerny time...

Well, if you didn't play them when they were new, then you wouldn't understand.

orochi91

.......And I thought making my Crash Retrospective was a good move on NeoGaf. Guess I'm wrong, as so many hate the series here.

I'd agree with you if those original games were good, but that was not my experience with them. You can't possibly expect everyone to be hyped about a new Crash game; there will always be anti-hype that goes hand-in-hand with any game.

Be excited for a new Crash game, and if a new one is actually announced, then fans such as yourself will have a blast. I'll refrain from bitching in a potential Crash OT, but I'm still going to be pissed if Sony wastes time with that IP.

Well, if you didn't play them when they were new, then you wouldn't understand.

I played them a few years back, so no, I don't have any childhood nostalgia linked to this series.

......I don't care about talking about this; why is a new Crash such a damn issue? The games can adapt to modern technology very well and they hold up strongly. They had strong presentation, great level design, solid gameplay and a lot of heart. You know? Like Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper did as well.

I am so sick of people dissing the idea of a new Crash game and people have the RIGHT to be excited about something. Why can't I be excited about a new Crash game? I am some stupid idiot for wanting more 3D platformers on the market?

The 3D Mario Series (World and Land) ARE modern day versions of the Crash titles, blending 2D and 3D in such a natural and fun way.....yet those are phrased so much and rightly so. But people want 3D Mario to come out and happen. So, because they are Crash-like, should we loath them because Crash is such a horrid game, am I right?

Of course not, that is stupid logic but that is what you are employing with your comment. I am sorry if I sound mean but I am so tired of comments like yours with Crash.

Your retrospective threads were awesome. Dont listen to the haters

Booki

8512378.jpg

So, I really don't think that Dead Don't Ride will be a title.

I am thinking Dead Don't Ride has become Days Gone. The trademarks almost always leak before announcement.

I dunno, just find it funny that Dead Don't Ride isn't registered yet.
How many times before ya'll believe me ;)

lol

kevin1025

Banned
I'd agree with you if those original games were good, but that was not my experience with them. You can't possibly expect everyone to be hyped about a new Crash game; there will always be anti-hype that goes hand-in-hand with any game.

Be excited for a new Crash game, and if a new one is actually announced, then fans such as yourself will have a blast. I'll refrain from bitching in a potential Crash OT, but I'm still going to be pissed if Sony wastes time with that IP.

I played them a few years back, so no, I don't have any childhood nostalgia linked to this series.

I think it's more that there is an audience for them, as evidenced by the clamor for it, and so why not let the fans have a new Crash game? If it's not for you, that's completely okay, there are plenty of games for everyone! When there's sports games and fighting games on stage during E3, I'm more of the mind, "that's not for me, but it's cool that it's there", rather than outright wishing a team or studio wouldn't waste time on it.

TL;DR: Games for everyone!

usp84

What's more puzzling is how people like you, who make the exact same comment every once in a while, cannot understand that the crash games are loved by many people and are actually are still top selling in the psn.Hmm so difficult to understand why people want crash bandicoot...

What bugs me in the certainty that you have that there will be no crash game as if you know something.

Lucreto

It really depends on how they bring Crash into the 21St century.

I would be more pissed if Sucker Punch dedicated time and resources to a Spiderman game. Leave this to B tier developer's.

This Playstation Fuite guy is messing with us

Yeah, not buying it either.

Crash has been out of the limelight for too long for something that small like remasters after all the long-term teasing since the PS4 reveal event and culminating in a Crash t-shirt.

I'm expecting at least something like the new $40 Rachet and Clank or Sly 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom