• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference 2016 |OT|

What are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can anyone clarify that slide they threw up towards the end about the $10 PSN credit and 6/19? I was watching and working at the same time last night and could barely hear what was being said...

That was for folks who went to the e3 experience, the vip card you got will give you all that stuff, you need to redeem it by 6/19

Turkoop

Banned
And it makes no sense to show 1 game but in 2 different times. And after Days gone reveal at the beginning, the gameplay demo was available on Youtube. So they cut it 100%

xxl30001

Banned
And the whole flow of the presser felt like they were making room for something big at the end.

I was half expecting them to show a teaser of something big after the demo ended, even though they said it was the last thing; be such a Sony thing to do. Shame it didn't though.

Although if they did cut it out because of the Orlando shootings, couldn't they just cut out that particular segment? They could of really just shown the logo and people would of been excited.

Cornbread78

That was for folks who went to the e3 experience, the vip card you got will give you all that stuff, you need to redeem it by 6/19

Oh, got you, TY.

I was half expecting them to show a teaser of something big after the demo ended, even though they said it was the last thing; be such a Sony thing to do. Shame it didn't though.

Ya know, if the whole thing is true, they could have just thrown up a 5 second slo-mo clip with the title popping up and that would have been good enough for the event. This would have given R* additional time to reedit the trailer. Sony literally could have explained exactly why it was not shown and explicitly stated it was because of Orlanda and nobody would have said a word negatively about it.

Cheech

Fine, I respect your opinion, but the bolded has me raising my eyebrow. If you are honestly comparing Days Gone (wasn't that the title of a walking dead episode?) to Dead Rising, I'm not sure we are seeing the same thing. Dead Rising is an arcade-y take on zombie survival, while State of Decay looked to me to be a co-op or MMO type game (maybe I am wrong).

It does however look like the Last of Us, but with more intense action. Honestly, if I had to categorize it, it would be Walking Dead on steroids, which is fine. People really like these type of games, or studios wouldn't be making them. We've only seen a small part of the game, so maybe it offers a lot more than what we've seen in the past.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. I'm a sucker for zombie games, but just hanging out and mowing down waves and waves of zombies with an assault rifle does not look entertaining in the slightest.

State of Decay is pretty much an open sandbox. Sure, you go on missions, you build bases, etc., and at times it feels like a single player MMO. But it is incredible. You NEED to play that game ASAP. Easily my favorite zombie game I've played, because it captures the feeling so well of being stuck in a zombie apocalypse. TLOU is a close second, but only because I prefer the sandbox type experience over a structured narrative.

From the demo, Days Gone (which, BTW, I think you're correct and it was a WD episode title) looked like an unimaginative Dead Rising. I hope I'm wrong and the demo was not representative of what the game actually is, because graphically it looked incredible.

Simo

Oh, got you, TY.

Ya know, if the whole thing is true, they could have just thrown up a 5 second slo-mo clip with the title popping up and that would have been good enough for the event. This would have given R* additional time to reedit the trailer. Sony literally could have explained exactly why it was not shown and explicitly stated it was because of Orlanda and nobody would have said a word negatively about it.

Exactly. I mean Agent was just a logo for it's E3 reveal.

Melchiah

I loved everything I saw even Detroit so much except for Days Gone

nothing about it made me excited

open world
zombies

so tired -__-

hopefully the next gameplay footage will be more interesting

Oh, I forgot Detroit completely. I'm looking forward to it, although its first video was more interesting to me.

As for Days Gone, the only downside is that it's open world. I loved the horde, that reminded me of World War Z movie.

I'm slightly biased (meaning Sony has generally hit the right notes in game diversity to appeal to me), but I thought this was a really well done presentation.

I'm still going to wait before deciding to invest in VR and I'm not really into Resident Evil or Crash, but for almost everything else, I'm there.

Finally got to watch the conference. Good list of games that I'm excited about. Sort of sad Sony didn't have a trailer for Persona 5 in there somewhere.

AndyVirus

The worst part about Red Dead not showing, whatever the reason, is we now still have no clue when we'll see it. :(

Whenever Rockstar want to show it. With GTA 4 and 5 all they did is update the website for a trailer countdown to cause an internet meltdown. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same here.

vpance

It was a good conference, even without Neo.

But that RE7, wow. Capcom shit the bed, badly. Seeing those gameplay streams confirmed it.

I watched the NBA Finals instead of the conference but I just caught the full archived show. That was a FANTASTIC conference! One of the best ever. Live orchestra was on point! Zero down-time, and any speaking was concise. Entire presentation was so good. Sony blew it out of the park.

Games, games, games, and that lady's ill-ass beatbox. Awesome conference. Loved it.

She like the white, female Michael Winslow / Doug E Fresh with those effects. Then she broke into song. Beautiful.

Boke1879

Maybe something was cut, but you want to know why I think it felt shorter? Because there was no BS. No PR speak, no corporate BS. Just game after game, and demos of those games. THey didn't have their indie section which was kinda odd.

But I have to say. What a great conference. They streamlined the hell out of it. Loved how they started off with their own IPs. and then they streamlined VR into the conference. Like I plan on getting VR but what they showed and the games compatible make me excited for it.

I just think they did a great job.

AndyVirus

Maybe something was cut, but you want to know why I think it felt shorter? Because there was no BS. No PR speak, no corporate BS. Just game after game, and demos of those games.

I agree. If they cut something and felt it was too short and needed to add more the Nioh, Nier & Gravity Rush trailers were right there.

SDCowboy

Maybe something was cut, but you want to know why I think it felt shorter? Because there was no BS. No PR speak, no corporate BS. Just game after game, and demos of those games. THey didn't have their indie section which was kinda odd.

But I have to say. What a great conference. They streamlined the hell out of it. Loved how they started off with their own IPs. and then they streamlined VR into the conference. Like I plan on getting VR but what they showed and the games compatible make me excited for it.

I just think they did a great job.

It felt rushed to me. To the point where it felt like there was a gaping hole at the end where a big reveal was supposed to be.

Is October 13 PSVR confirmed for EU already? House only mentioned the US yesterday.

It felt rushed to me. To the point where it felt like there was a gaping hole at the end where a big reveal was supposed to be.

It is possible they kept something for Gamescom after the other shows.

SDCowboy

It is possible they kept something for Gamescom after the other shows.

That doesn't really have any bearing on cutting something out of the E3 presser or not. My point is, if felt like the conference was boom boom boom, all games, rushed out, to make room for something huge at the end that didn't end up being there.

Who knows if that was the case or not though. But the pacing, to me, felt very odd otherwise.

Boke1879

Or maybe that was the big reveal. Gameplay of their new IP. I mean are we sure Read Dead was supposed to show up? Has Shinobi said anything about it?

Again they didn't have an indie section, and you didn't have anyone really on stage doing their typical PR stuff.

I thought what they showed was enough and it was great for it.

Amazing conference 10/10

mOHI4yd.gif

SDCowboy

Or maybe that was the big reveal. Gameplay of their new IP. I mean are we sure Read Dead was supposed to show up? Has Shinobi said anything about it?

Again they didn't have an indie section, and you didn't have anyone really on stage doing their typical PR stuff.

I thought what they showed was enough and it was great for it.

Again, I have no clue. The conference may well have been as it was always intended. To me, though, the pacing felt very odd as it stood. It didn't just feel like they were cutting out the talking bits that few care about. To me, it felt like content was getting shown in a hurry to get to something big at the end that didn't show. Otherwise, why make the conference so insanely short? There are all kinds of other games they still could have shown off and kept the same fast paced formula.

Elandyll

Banned
Between the shorter than usual presser and the weird pacing at the end, it did feel like something was missing.
But if the RDR reveal + Sony partnership is real (remains to be seen), I imagine it's not something they would want to release via PSA or during an average interview.

They might as well wait 8 weeks for GC imo.

Boke1879

Again, I have no clue. The conference may well have been as it was always intended. To me, though, the pacing felt very odd as it stood. It didn't just feel like they were cutting out the talking bits that few care about. To me, it felt like content was getting shown in a hurry to get to something big at the end that didn't show. Otherwise, why make the conference so insanely short? There are all kinds of other games they still could have shown off and kept the same fast paced formula.

idk I think the pacing was fine. It was all games and people were hyped throughout the entire conference. That's what we want. No fluff, no lulls just game after game. And they gave it to us.

Obviously we all expected Red Dead and I was wondering where it was at the end of it all. But it just wasn't there and I doubt something like that would be "cut". They didn't have their indie section, No time dedicated to Destiny, No Shu on stage, No Boyes on stage.

I think maybe they just felt confident in a more streamlined showed. Where they start off their their first party IPs, GOW, Horizon, TLG, Days Gone, Detriot. Show 3rd party games compatible with VR. I think they handled the COD portion VERY well. It looked great. Spiderman exclusive. Remastered Crash games, and then end off on your new IP Days Gone. Oh and How could I forget about Kojima on stage.

dresi

And it is just weird to announce game at the beginning and then show gameplay at the end. Are there other games that were announced like that?

Nephtes

All said and done, I came away from the Sony press conference whelmed.
I need:
Horizon

I'm curious about:
Death Stranding

I came away from Microsoft's press conference whelmed.
I need:
Gears of War 4

I'm curious about:
Recore

Scorpio is still too far away to get too invested in. No Bloodborne 2, no Red Dead, no TLOU2... still no further info on FFVII remake.
These are things I wanted to see...

Maybe Sony "won" for you, maybe Microsoft "lost" or whatever...
But compared to last year, I walked away not needing much of anything from both companies.

(Except one of those stupid personalized Xbox controllers... I want one...)

Melchiah

Well, they've gotten a quite lot of flak for the indie games before, so perhaps that's got something to do with it.

Magnus

Regarding the bonus codes from the PS Experience last night in theatres:

Is anyone else having trouble redeeming theirs? I'm in Canada, and I did change the URL to 'en-ca' and now, instead of saying invalid/used code, it just says 'Technical Difficulties'....

Wtf? :(

Top Bottom