• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetree

Why would Spider Man come out before either God of War or Days Gone when it was clearly not nearly as far along as those games were? Or did I miss the part where the teaser last year had gameplay.

In a clip taken from a recent livestream by Redditor GamingSince95, Penagos says, ”there's even more on the horizon [from Marvel Games] for 2017, like Spider-Man coming to PlayStatin 4 and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite coming to Xbox One, PS4, windows, PC." -Ryan Penagos, Vice President of Marvel's Digital Media Group

https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/03/insomniac-games-ps4-exclusive-spider-man-is-releasing-this-year/

Using Sony's past, I'd compare Days Gone to Horizon and The Order, both released in February.

GoW typically a March release.

August - Uncharted DLC, Hellblade
September - Destiny 2
October - Spider-Man
November - CoD WWII, Battlefront II
December - GT Sport, Knack 2, Ni no Kuni II
January - Detroit
February - Days Gone
March - Monster Hunter, God of War
April - RDR 2

dat potential doe... busy 9 months. Am I missing anything?

Dreams (MM).

belvedere

Junior Butler
guerilla is working on the story dlc of horizon and without a doubt on Horizon 2.

with the closure of Guerilla Cambridge, the chances of a new killzone are pretty slim for the next years

Wow, I knew Cambridge closed but didn't think that left 100% of their resources to Horizon development. Was hoping there was another project in the works somewhere.

Spiderman just seems like the perfect opener to me, a nice 5-7 minute gameplay demo with a longer one released after the show

Open with Spiderman, close with GOW is my bet.

And if there was gonna be a surprise 2017 game I would guess Spiderman. Insomniac isnt typically a victim of the typical Sony published delays. If holiday 17 was the plan all along. I think they could hit it but I also wouldn't be shocked if its closer to whenever Avengers IW is for marketing reasons.

Actually. If Spiderman is 2017 maybe you close with that? End on a high note?

GoW was the game to establish the "its ok to release a game in the early half of the year" and I dont expect that to change here.

Neonep

September - Destiny 2
October - Spider-Man
January - Detroit
February - Days Gone
April - RDR 2

Ni no Kuni II hasn't been shown or talked about in a bit yet you expect it to come out this year? No dice.

Neonep

I don't know what they are going to open with as they have many options but I'm pretty sure they are going to close with God of War.

September - Destiny 2
October - Spider-Man
January - Detroit
February - Days Gone
April - RDR 2

Yakuza Kiwami in August and Yakuza 6 early next year.

duhmetree

Ni no Kuni II hasn't been shown or talked about in a bit yet you expect it to come out this year? No dice.

It was shown 6 months ago at PSX

The new trailer, which debuted this morning during the PlayStation Showcase, gives fans a first look at the gameplay of Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom as well as confirming a 2017 release date on PlayStation 4

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/12/03/beautiful-new-trailer-for-ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-debuts-at-psx/

Spiderman just seems like the perfect opener to me, a nice 5-7 minute gameplay demo with a longer one released after the show
I think they will follow a format like last year. Whatever they show won't be immediately obvious as to what it is. Maybe TLOU 2. Spider-Man would be spotted immediately

In fact I fully expect TLOU2 and GOW to open and close

Here's mine semi-realistic expectation:
- Open show: God of War demo features more combat, skills and crafting, end with boss fight. Release date March 2018
- Shawn appears for 2 minutes
- Uncharted The Lost Legacy trailer
- Crash Bandicoot trailer ends with CTR remake teaser, full reveal at PSX
- Destiny 2 demo, timed exclusive stuffs trailer
- Call of Duty WII SP demo
- Spider-man demo
- Days Gone demo
- Armored Core reveal, full PSVR support
- FFVII remake trailer, Now in Development
- KHIII trailer, Now in Development
- Resident Evil 7 Not a Hero trailer, Available Now
- Monster Hunter World reveal, ends with a character wearing Vergil costume as pre-order DLC
- Ace combat 7 trailer
- Ni no kuni 2 trailer
- Fifa 2018 trailer
- Battlefront 2 trailer
- End show: Sucker Punch new IP

Here's mine semi-realistic expectation:
- Open show: God of War demo features more combat, skills and crafting, end with boss fight. Release date March 2018
- Shawn appears for 2 minutes
- Uncharted The Lost Legacy trailer
- Crash Bandicoot trailer ends with CTR remake teaser, full reveal at PSX
- Destiny 2 demo, timed exclusive stuffs trailer
- Call of Duty WII SP demo
- Spider-man demo
- Days Gone demo
- Armored Core reveal, full PSVR support
- FFVII remake trailer, Now in Development
- KHIII trailer, Now in Development
- Resident Evil 7 Not a Hero trailer, Available Now
- Monster Hunter World reveal, ends with a character wearing Vergil costume as pre-order DLC
- Ace combat 7 trailer
- Ni no kuni 2 trailer
- Fifa 2018 trailer
- Battlefront 2 trailer
- End show: Sucker Punch new IP
+ first party gen 6 feels

Shock32

September - Destiny 2
October - Spider-Man, Dreams
January - Detroit, Yakuza 6
February - Days Gone
April - RDR 2

edit - updated

I don't belive days gone would come out a month before God ofwar. My rebuttal is days gone February and GOW is Atleast may.

duhmetree

I don't belive days gone would come out a month before God ofwar. My rebuttal is days gone February and GOW is Atleast may.

All God of War games have released in March. The only reason I put Days Gone in February was from Sony's past releases. Namely Horizon and The Order, "smaller" first-party devs with new IPs.

Shock32

All God of War games have released in March. The only reason I put Days Gone in February was from Sony's past releases. Namely Horizon and The Order, "smaller" first-party devs with new IPs.

I think it would be a lost cause to release before then. Me. Personally would love it. However if they were to push it right before a "heavy hitter" it would get lost in the casual crowd.

yurinka

But samsung and lg may launch a 5k tv (ces2018) before sony and panasonic launch 8k. Shouldn't the next ps console be focusing on 5k30 now that we know 5k is coming. Not trying to bust your chops but where does it end. Is ddr6 available for mass production? What are its pros and cons over ddr5? Its not as simple as some people would suggest
Right now the amount of people with 4K tvs is very small. In 2020 it will have a good install base to make your console 4K focused. 8K tvs will be too expensive and a smaller niche than 4K is today. I think nobody is going to give a fuck about 5K, they will jump from 4K to 8K

yurinka

We know that Capcom projected new DMC releases by the end of FY 2017
Capcom made the same mentions about releasing a new DMC in FY 2017 than Star Gladiator and Castlevania: Zero. Capcom never said they will release a DMC this fiscal year. Or do you have a link with the source?

We know that DMC HD Collection and DMC4SE sold well. We know that DMC4SE came out two years ago, and that Capcom has a roughly 2.5 year release plan for sequels.

Capcom has five big IPs, DMC being one. They're not jumping on Dragon's Dogma or Rival Schools before DMC.
The last DMC was DmC and sold 1.9M (under Capcom's projection). DMC HD Collection sold only 1.1M. We don't have DMC4SE sales numbers because Capcom's site only mentions the ones who reached 1M copies, so we know it didn't even reach 1M.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen sold 1.7M and Dragon's Dogma sold 1.3M.

In any case, I didn't say Capcom would release a Dragon's Dogma or Rival Schools before a DMC5. I only say that Capcom never said that they will a DMC soon.

MatrixMam.Exe's posts in the Japanese announcements thread makes it pretty clear that World is a console Monster Hunter
It can be a consoles MH and to be published in USA because Capcom trademarket it in USA. But this doesn't mean it's for PS4. It can just be the western name of the recently announced Switch port.
lmao

Yeah, Itsuno is going to work on Star Gladiator and Rival Schools before DMC. I don't think DMC fans are the ones talking crazy around here.
Where did I say Itsuno would work on Star Gladiator or Rival Schools before than in DMC? You are the one talking crazy. I only said that Itsuno also worked in more brands, not only in DMC and Dragon's Dogma. He worked in many other brands, in both new IPs and sequels, some created by him and others don't. He is not limited to work in DMC, he may work in DMC5 or in any other Capcom IP that they may consider. A brand new one or a sequel, the ones I listed in the other post because he worked there or others ones like Onimusha.

duhmetree

I think they will follow a format like last year. Whatever they show won't be immediately obvious as to what it is. Maybe TLOU 2. Spider-Man would be spotted immediately

In fact I fully expect TLOU2 and GOW to open and close

The new SuckerPunch IP would make more sense.

TLoU2 will take over the entire show. There's no need to show it in 2017... The lineup is stacked for Sony

Here's what I would like:

- Sucker Punch new IP
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
- Horizon expansion
- Days Gone
- Bloodborne 2 reveal
- Spider-man
- Detroit + VR component
- Resident Evil expansion + VR component
- New VR IP from London Studios
- Armored Core + VR component
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 + VR component
- FIFA 18
- Call of Duty: WWII
- Crash Bandicoot trailer + CTR announcement
- Spyro Trilogy remake
- Destiny 2
- Final Fantasy 7R gameplay
- Monster Hunter World reveal
- God of War

The God

Capcom made the same mentions about releasing a new DMC in FY 2017 than Star Gladiator and Castlevania: Zero. Capcom never said they will release a DMC this fiscal year. Or do you have a link with the source?

The last DMC was DmC and sold 1.9M (under Capcom's projection). DMC HD Collection sold only 1.1M. We don't have DMC4SE sales numbers because Capcom's site only mentions the ones who reached 1M copies, so we know it didn't even reach 1M.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen sold 1.7M and Dragon's Dogma sold 1.3M.

In any case, I didn't say Capcom would release a Dragon's Dogma or Rival Schools before a DMC5. I only say that Capcom never said that they will a DMC soon.

It can be a consoles MH and to be published in USA because Capcom trademarket it in USA. But this doesn't mean it's for PS4. It can just be the western name of the recently announced Switch port.
If it wasn't for PS4 then I'd wonder why he would bother talking about it in a Sony thread

anyway I'd call that leak

jmaine_ph

Here's what I would like:

- Sucker Punch new IP
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
- Horizon expansion
- Days Gone
- Bloodborne 2 reveal
- Spider-man
- Detroit + VR component
- Resident Evil expansion + VR component
- New VR IP from London Studios
- Armored Core + VR component
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 + VR component
- FIFA 18
- Call of Duty: WWII
- Crash Bandicoot trailer + CTR announcement
- Spyro Trilogy remake
- Destiny 2
- Final Fantasy 7R gameplay
- Monster Hunter World reveal
- God of War

Finally someone that agrees with me that Sucker Punch will open the show.

greatness awaits...again

-SCHoU9nIcwBQa24IQyOKT4lWpemKlLyFoN4c9RNRh6IAW56faMQjordGmcnwPcM2fpUjFNvvqzLVO_PYdMKRvcCna7HvOf2_GA=w400-h225-nc

kevin1025

Banned
If we don't see anything on the game at Sony's conference it isn't coming out this year.

Gravity Rush 2 was never at Sony's conference last year (except the end montage), and was their big December game until Last Guardian delayed, so I have hope even if it doesn't. It had some big previews a few months back, as well. Plus I think there was talk of it being on the show floor, unless someone can correct me!

Ni No Kuni II needs to come this year!

That's more like it!

Going with guessing Sucker Punch's game opens too, of course that depends on what kind of game it is they are making.

Regardless, I think Sucker Punch's game, Spider-Man, etc. are more likely than Destiny for an opener.

Pretty sure whatever they open and close with will be exclusives given how many they have to choose from that we already know about that they could put there let alone any of the surprises like Sucker Punch's game or maybe something from Japan Studio (Though I guess PSX would be more likely for something Japan Studio).

Edit: Agreed, I think they open with something more surprising than God of War.

kevin1025

Banned
Going with guessing Sucker Punch's game opens too, of course that depends on what kind of game it is they are making.

Regardless, I think Sucker Punch's game, Spider-Man, etc. are more likely than Destiny for an opener.

Pretty sure whatever they open and close with will be exclusives given how many they have to choose from that we already know about that they could put there let alone any of the surprises like Sucker Punch's game or maybe something from Japan Studio (Though I guess PSX would be more likely for something Japan Studio).

Edit: Agreed, I think they open with something more surprising than God of War.

I think someone should walk out with just an acoustic guitar, and just play The Last of Us music before the curtain rises and gives us some more Part II goodness.

Thewonandonly

Signs/rumors point to a Soulsborne-style game (possibly with an aztec/Mayan setting if one rumor is to be believed), so not directly a BB sequel, but something in that vein.
Damn Mayan would be so god damn hype like I'm a little Mad u told me because now if it's not true all be disappointed :(

De_Legend

Banned
Detroit I have no clue.. maybe September but I doubt it.

Knack in September/October.

Gt Sports in November/December.

I could see Ninokuni in December or January.

GOW in Feb/March.

Spiderman in June.

Days gone in August/September.

Sucker Punch new IP in Feb/March 2019.

TLOU 2 in June like the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom