• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Press Conference 6/9/14 @ 6PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I am glad I can watch this compared to Nintendo and Microsoft (Work!) and expect lots of titles to roll around. Sony has the advantage and they need to keep it. I would love Disgaea 5 announcement and Persona 5 footage.

Well:

Disgaea developer Nippon Ichi Software has confirmed it’s currently working on a PlayStation 4 game. Gematsu reports Nippon Ichi announced its PS4 debut at an event today, but gave no further details ahead of a Tokyo Game Show reveal. Stay tuned for September, I guess, and with any luck, NIS America will localise whatever it is.

Hoping for a new Disgaea as well

anime-makai-senki-disgaea-422679.gif

Where are the Syphon filter rumours from? Is there any source or hint for it, or is it just wishes?

I also want a Ticket, please :)

Wishes + guesses made from connecting random pieces of puzzles that may not even be for the same board piece.

Bend is making a PS4 game.
2 years since their last game, about time for their cycle of appearance.
One of the trademarks registed by Sony recently was Kill Strain.
One of the Syphon Filter games had the subtitle Omega Strain.

Robbok

from dualshockers and they're bullshit and already basically proven false

Wishes + guesses made from connecting random pieces of puzzles that may not even be for the same board piece.

Bend is making a PS4 game.
2 years since their last game, about time for their cycle of appearance.
One of the trademarks registed by Sony recently was Kill Strain.
One of the Syphon Filter games had the subtitle Omega Strain.

Thank you for clarification. ;)

yurinka

Where are the Syphon filter rumours from? Is there any source or hint for it, or is it just wishes?

I also want a Ticket, please :)
Sony registered Kill Strain and some people thinks that since it's similar to Syphon Filter Omega Strain then it may be related to a new Syphon Filter.

Bend (previously known for Syphon Filter games) has been rumored to be working in a AAA home console game, so people assume it may be a Syphon Filter game. And considering the time elapsed since they released their last game it would make sense to see them announcing a game somewhere soon.

Dual Shockers made a supposed leaked Sony E3 conference list, which seems to be only a Sony fanboy wet dream.

There is no solid rumor or hint by trustable insider or news page pointing to a new Syphon Filter as I remember. Just whises from fans (like me) who would like to see Bend doing a AAA PS4 Syphon Filter game.

And for what it's worth, Shinobi ( on Twitter ) said that Kill Strain is not being developed by Bend, so that link has no connection in the first place.

That doesn't discount the possibility of Bend's game actually being a SF-title, but given Yoshida's association of the word 'panic' with the game that Bend is working on, I can't connect Syphon Filter with panic.

thuway

And for what it's worth, Shinobi ( on Twitter ) said that Kill Strain is not being developed by Bend, so that link has no connection in the first place.

That doesn't discount the possibility of Bend's game actually being a SF-title, but given Yoshida's association of the word 'panic' with the game that Bend is working on, I can't connect Syphon Filter with panic.
Panic makes me think of horror. Horror without zombies.

Panic makes me think of horror. Horror without zombies.

I've been asking for a next-gen Disaster Report game for a long time.

I'm still bummed out by the cancellation of Disaster Report 4 for the PS3, though it can't be helped as that game was in development around the time of the Japanese earthquake tragedy.

Alchemist

This is why I love GAF - 10/10.

That's excellent. Sony is in such a strong position, I mean if even half of that is true then they're "winning" it no matter what. Uncharted + Project Beast + TLG would be more than enough. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

TLG reintroduced as a PS4 title would be huge. Honestly, Uncharted 4 gameplay, Project Beast reveal, TLG and a release date for FFXV would do me fine.

SgtCobra

Am I the only one over here hoping for new IP's? :p
I see people over here mentioning a lot of the same stuff.
Also can someone explain me why TLG for PS4 is a megaton? (Or huge, or whatever you may call it) it has been hinted several times that the game is coming and has been moved to PS4 yet I see posts talking about it as if it's Half Life 3 or Shenmue 3..

Corpsepyre

Banned
This is why I love GAF - 10/10.

TLG reintroduced as a PS4 title would be huge. Honestly, Uncharted 4 gameplay, Project Beast reveal, TLG and a release date for FFXV would do me fine.

I'd kill for a next-gen Norse/Egyptian God of War as well. But yeah, not happening.

Well, we know GG, MM, probably Bend, QD, and Sony Japan are probably doing new IPs. Along with whatever other second party games they have, and I'm sure I'm missing some (Studio London maybe?). There should a good amount of new IPs, it is Sony after all. Perhaps not necessarily at this E3, but I think we'll be seeing it over the year.

Also can someone explain me why TLG for PS4 is a megaton? (Or huge, or whatever you may call it) it has been hinted several times that the game is coming and has been moved to PS4..

Because we haven't seen it in 5 years and lots of people
mistakenly
think it's dead.

Coxy

I've been asking for a next-gen Disaster Report game for a long time.

I'm still bummed out by the cancellation of Disaster Report 4 for the PS3, though it can't be helped as that game was in development around the time of the Japanese earthquake tragedy.

oh man, imagine if sony got that and bumpy trot 2 back on track with Granzella

Asd202

Nice! I am glad I can watch this compared to Nintendo and Microsoft (Work!) and expect lots of titles to roll around. Sony has the advantage and they need to keep it. I would love Disgaea 5 announcement and Persona 5 footage.

About Persona 5. The new issue of Persona magazine comes out on 10th of June in Japan which is about the same time E3 starts.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Sony must have threatened everybody this year, lol. Last year even mods were teasing some stuff weeks before E3, this year there is nothing, NADA.

I honestly doubt that.

Even if we only pretty much got games that we already knew about they could make a pretty great showing. Mainly Project Beast+TLG+Uncharted. We already know about these games but we haven't seen them in action (with TLG being probably quite different). In addition to those we still have yet to get a real blowout of The Order gameplay for public, Arkham Knight gameplay, Eidos games ect.

I'm not expecting much totally new AAA stuff that we know nothing about. The stuff we already do know about make a fine showing already if the footage is good. Tho I'm still a lil hopeful about either GG new IP or whatever Media Molecule is doing. But honestly if MM is working on Morpheus I don't think this is the place for that reveal. I think Morpheus will not get much more than a mention at this years E3.

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. We're still in early stages, like a month left. I doubt any insiders are going to drop potential reveals other than hint at TLG ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom