• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

Do you think we'll see any more launch day 1st party games unveiled at E3, or do you think most of the first party games shown at the unveil is more or less what we'll see at launch?
I think that is the launch day lineup,we'll see more launch window (~3 months) at E3 IMO.

tusken77

ScjzeD0.png

B.O.O.M

Do you think we'll see any more launch day 1st party games unveiled at E3, or do you think most of the first party games shown at the unveil is more or less what we'll see at launch?

Absolutely. At least one new reveal will be made. I mean they will definitely have the new Sony BEND game I think. With Sony splitting up their reveals etc between E3/GC/TGS I wouldn't be surprised if they left new footage of games like Killzone to Gamescom. Question is when will they show the stigs new game and ND's new game.

They will show gameplay for titles like knack, driveclub, second son + 3rd party games + reveal of the new console's design + prices etc so I think they might leave the ND's next game reveal to VGAs at the end of the year

3rd party - yes. 1st party - unlikely.

They have 4 games that are likely to launch with PS4 (DriveClub, KZ:Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son & Knack) - those cover most of the popular genres: racing, FPS, open world and family adventure, so I think Sony will spread their other games evenly over the following 12 months and rely on 3rd parties to provide the rest.

It's a smart move. That's not to say there won't be other unannounced exclusives though.

3rd party - yes. 1st party - unlikely.

They have 4 games that are likely to launch with PS4 (DriveClub, KZ:Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son & Knack) - those cover most of the popular genres racing, FPS, open world and family adventure, so I think Sony will give spread their other games evenly over the following 12 months and rely on 3rd parties to provide the rest.

It's a smart move. That's not to say there won't be other unannounced exclusives though.

I think that we could see some first party digital titles. Or at least first party in the sense that Sony publishes them.

I think that we could see some first party digital titles. Or at least first party in the sense that Sony publishes them.

Oh we'll certainly see or hear about a few first party / Sony published digital downloads for launch. I'm talking full retail releases available in stores.

I personally think it's better if both the systems are around the same spec. No more bad ports and tech wars.

Sony's ace has always been it's studios and I value that more than anything else. That should make everyone focus on gaming development and less on tech limitations.

MasLegio

Banned

I sure hope so because what I saw at the unveil are not system seller games for me. I would not even buy them for my PS3.

Maybe small stuff.
But ReadyAtDawn might have an Ps4 exklusive title for launch. Thats not 1st party, tho.

DBT85

I would argue so were Sony's specs before ps4's announcement.

Except that we had multiple sources pointing in the same direction, including Kotaku and Edge.

The only real hardware shock of the PS4 announcement was the 8GB of ram. Everything else had been heavily rumoured.

Kyoufu

Sony aren't going to blow their load on launch games. They'll have a few first party games for 2013 but the majority will be scheduled for 2014 and beyond.

MasLegio

Banned
wow

dat xbox next gen tech sure is dandy!
why play games when you can order pizza and mountain dew with your kinect!
or even order directly from the ads!
would I like to buy some Anusol? YES! but why cant I buy it from my xbox!!
well now you can!!!!
get comfortable with 720

Have to say I just played with the Pizza Hut app on Xbox last night and I think it is brilliant. I would definitely use the Xbox to order food and drinks and I hope more apps like this are coming. The app works really well and visualizes the pizza as you are customizing it. People have complained about Xbox dashboard ads for things you can't buy on the Xbox and now you can order a Mountain Dew or fast food delivered directly to your home with great specificity. The biggest stumbling block of the console is how long it takes to jump between apps and the lack of resume/instant-resume in task switching. The next Xbox is supposed to address both issues at the OS level and this will make huge useability advancements as a result. If they can get natural voice recognition working well with apps like the Pizza Hut one then they have something really big.

netBuff

I would argue so were Sony's specs before ps4's announcement.

Except that this latest pastebin rubbish doesn't make a lick of sense: It's pretty clear at this point that the PS4 is going to be significantly faster than the next Xbox (PS4 is confirmed to have a much better graphics processor as well as an abundance of memory bandwidth compared to the most believable leaks of the future Xbox).

Let's hope we'll see that advantage put to good use in games - it will certainly at least ensure multiplatform superiority for Sony this time around, which is going to be good thing.

Hype for E3 is rising: I wonder whether the latest rumours of some additional changes to the DS4 controller are true and we'll see a slightly revised version at the conference?

There definitely will be. I don't think that Sony showed its entire hand so many months before release. There will be bombs dropped. If they did, then I would be a little worried.

I holding out on the fine threads of hope that Sony have a first party rpg in the works for PS4 preferably a jrpg. I know we might get FFXV but I want more. Even better an rpg with Miyazaki form FROM working with them or even better a Ratchet and Clank game for PS4. Man I'm losing it.

Kyoufu

I holding out on the fine threads of hope that Sony have a first party rpg in the works for PS4 preferably a jrpg. I know we might get FFXV but I want more. Even better an rpg with Miyazaki form FROM working with them or even better a Ratchet and Clank game for PS4. Man I'm losing it.

Level 5 is making a game. Most likely published by Sony.

Guerrilla Games is rumored to be working on something that has fantasy lore (lots of references to Harry Potter type stuff in a Christmas card that went out).

All I've read for weeks is how "developers go to the lowest common denominator" ... now that there is some random rumour going around that the next Xbox is more powerful a swath of those people preaching that line are now acting like a more powerful Xbox means more than a more powerful PS4.

At least have some consistency here people. They act like they have an agenda or something.

vercity82

Spoke to a SONY rep yesterday and was told all what was shown at the conference in FEB are launch titles......Also the champions league final WILL air the first PS4 Ads covering the half time because sony sponsors the champions league...If Microsoft are using Call of Duty to show off there console and exclusivity just wait for PS4 and battlefield maybe they will launch side by side?

without the rep giving out too much info GAKAI will be part of the press conference on JUNE 10th expect a firmware update.

hope the info wettens your tastes and we can all go back to this day that i qouted this information :)

Mr. RHC

Spoke to a SONY rep yesterday and was told all what was shown at the conference in FEB are launch titles......Also the champions league final WILL air the first PS4 Ads covering the half time because sony sponsors the champions league...If Microsoft are using Call of Duty to show off there console and exclusivity just wait for PS4 and battlefield maybe they will launch side by side?

without the rep giving out too much info GAKAI will be part of the press conference on JUNE 10th expect a firmware update.

hope the info wettens your tastes and we can all go back to this day that i qouted this information :)

Sooo.... Final Fantasy Versus XIII/XV launch title, too?

ibkrzYu5406ktG.gif

LastNac

Even Deep Down and Knack?

Sid

Battlefield? Isn't EA supposed to partnering with MS?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Has there been any evidence for this. Destiny seems to have exclusive content with PS, COD seems to have exclusive content with Xbox....BF who knows.

No, not outside of Respawn's game which is an EA Partner's title. People took the fact that EA wasn't at the PS4 reveal and spun it out of control.

Has there been any evidence for this. Destiny seems to have exclusive content with PS, COD seems to have exclusive content with Xbox....BF who knows.

Destiny is getting exclusive PS content, but that doesn't mean the next Xbox isn't as well. Seeing as the next Xbox hasn't been unveiled, it's not as if Bungie can really say anything. Given the past relationship history between Bungie and Microsoft, I think it's a safe bet 360 and the next Xbox will get some form of an exclusive.

I agree about CoD - they will continue their 30 day exclusive DLC on 360 and next Xbox. I hope Sony scores something with BF4, but a week's exclusivity on DLC is incredibly weak. Outside of third-party exclusive games (MGS4, Demon's Souls, Ni No Kuni, etc.), Sony's exclusive content has been weak, IMO. Batman Arkham Asylum got Joker DLC no one really cared about, and the new trend seems to be "60 minutes of exclusive missions!" a la Assassin's Creed 3 and 4, Watch Dogs, and possibly Destiny.

Shayan

Banned
Destiny is getting exclusive PS content, but that doesn't mean the next Xbox isn't as well. Seeing as the next Xbox hasn't been unveiled, it's not as if Bungie can really say anything. Given the past relationship history between Bungie and Microsoft, I think it's a safe bet 360 and the next Xbox will get some form of an exclusive.

I agree about CoD - they will continue their 30 day exclusive DLC on 360 and next Xbox. I hope Sony scores something with BF4, but a week's exclusivity on DLC is incredibly weak. Outside of third-party exclusive games (MGS4, Demon's Souls, Ni No Kuni, etc.), Sony's exclusive content has been weak, IMO. Batman Arkham Asylum got Joker DLC no one really cared about, and the new trend seems to be "60 minutes of exclusive missions!" a la Assassin's Creed 3 and 4, Watch Dogs, and possibly Destiny.

Those exclusive DLCs from EA/2K wont have any impact on consumer's purchase decision . But an exclusive from Square would have the effect since looks miless ahead of BF4/next COD game

Mario007

I doubt Sony would give time to Destiny at their conference if they didn't have exclusivity for DLCs secured.

Also there is a very good reason why Batlefield or CoD weren't at Sony's conference- they are competing primarily with Killzone in the same genre and let's face it Killzone will look miles better than CoD and Battlefield seeing that it is a game designed ground up for the PS4, as opposed to COD or B4 which are cross-gen, never mind multiplatform. I doubt Activision or EA would want their games to be at the same event and compared to Killzone from the graphical point of view.

Except that this latest pastebin rubbish doesn't make a lick of sense: It's pretty clear at this point that the PS4 is going to be significantly faster than the next Xbox (PS4 is confirmed to have a much better graphics processor as well as an abundance of memory bandwidth compared to the most believable leaks of the future Xbox).

Let's hope we'll see that advantage put to good use in games - it will certainly at least ensure multiplatform superiority for Sony this time around, which is going to be good thing.

Hype for E3 is rising: I wonder whether the latest rumours of some additional changes to the DS4 controller are true and we'll see a slightly revised version at the conference?

According to that one dev, they've done some very interesting things with the finalized version of the controller.

This paste bin stuff is utter bullshit in the wake of a long line of negative rumors for the Durango. It's a way for console warriors to level the playing field a bit via fantasy.

Shayan

Banned
Hahahaha.

This literally screams: "I just learned about these things called GDDR5 RAM at Sony's event so now Microsoft must have them!!!!"

Goes to show how easily we all can be fooled

Designing a motherboard to incorporate 8g GDDR5 and 6gig DDR3 would take 400$ and an additional 6 months, not to mention 100s of millions already spent on games with 8g ddr3 in mind

I think my good friend DCRIDER might have posted that out of excitement :)

I doubt Sony would give time to Destiny at their conference if they didn't have exclusivity for DLCs secured.

Also there is a very good reason why Batlefield or CoD weren't at Sony's conference- they are competing primarily with Killzone in the same genre and let's face it Killzone will look miles better than CoD and Battlefield seeing that it is a game designed ground up for the PS4, as opposed to COD or B4 which are cross-gen, never mind multiplatform. I doubt Activision or EA would want their games to be at the same event and compared to Killzone from the graphical point of view.

Sony had Bungie present to say "Bungie is finally on PS3 and PS4!" and it was a wise thing to do, albeit the announcement and showing were short and lacking. It's no different than Blizzard being there to announce D3 for PS3/PS4, yet when Geoff Keighley interviewed them after the event and asked if the game was exclusive, they all but confirmed it was coming to 360 and the next Xbox. The entire reason they were there was to show strong dev support and more importantly, show major studios were embracing PS4.

Killzone is one my my favoorite series, but Sony can in no way, shape, or form compete against BF4 or CoD. Not having one of those games present at the conference will be a HUGE mistake, as both games alone have grossly outsold the entire KZ series combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom