• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is really pushing Horizon!

Gudji

According to some gaffer I saw in another Horizon topic we're getting previews of the game on Jan 30th.

I also remember the game director saying we'll be getting more gameplay before launch, maybe after previews? Can't wait to see if they still have more surprises for us in the gameplay department.

I mean the same one you were I believe. That's the impression that most folks I talk to have of the game as well so I'm not sure what I missed.
The current e3 had her running around an open world, opening a big map in a menu, crafting some bombs, riding on a dinosaur and than fighting a mini boss. That looked nothing like uncharted

I still find that hilarious after that horizon threads have been pretty bad. She climbed the dino to reveal the map so the heck what

Before: "game looks good, but it is GG's first RPG, so there's probably some generic open world stuff and lack some RPG depth compared to other more mature RPGs in the market."

After: "omg it has towers the game will be generic open world jank, GG you hacks who's borrowing from popular trends instead of reinventing them!"

Ok guys chill, I really don't have anything substantial here. I just remember hearing a comparison to Far Cry and I really don't like those games so it troubled me. Also, if the story spoilers are legitimate, I don't think I'd be a fan either.

The combat looks cool, but it's the open-world aspects that have me concerned. It seems like the type of game that could have benefitted from a tighter design with set pieces and the like and that's also sort of how they've marketed it. I guess my biggest issue would be that based on what they've shown of the game, in practice it plays differently.

In fact, the impressions I got from the footage I watched at E3 conferences was something closer to Uncharted or Enslaved. But that's not what this game is, even if they're marketing it like that.

EDIT: I seem to remember hearing that the combat was a little limited too, especially for a game being billed as an open-world experience. It seems kind of like an RPG, but without the character building that goes along with that so I'm concerned it will be repetitive as well.

Who knows though. Game could be shorter than it looks or could have more features I haven't seen or haven't been shown off.
I wasn't attacking you or anything. I was just curious about what you heard lol.

Doesn't sound like anything noteworthy or new but you acknowledged that.

Yep, yep.

Before: "game looks good, but it is GG's first RPG, so there's probably some generic open world stuff and lack some RPG depth compared to other more mature RPGs in the market."

After: "omg it has towers the game will be generic open world jank!"
I just want this game to be successful just to cement the fact that gaf has incredibly horrible track record at predicting stuff

Battlefront bombing in sales,
Ffxv and the last guardian wasn't enough
Ps4 was going to be dead last this generation, 4k bluray is a supposedly huge factor, ratchet remake wasn't going to score any 9, I can go on

And for the ignorant person above, nier automata is gonna bomb. Also aren't you the guys who go to every sony sales milestone thread and tout no games bullshit?! I'M surprised you didn't get reprimanded for that

Ps4 was going to be dead last this generation, 4k bluray is a supposedly huge factor, ratchet remake wasn't going to score any 9, I can go on
9/10 it's a loud very vocal minority o pay them no mind Nd enjoy what and enjoy and find posters who are fun to talk with point of the forum.

For instance me and drifting still waiting on ape escape 4 Sony!!

Loudninja

Some small details

On top of showing gameplay, Art Director Roy Postma and Producer Samrat Sharma also answered a few questions from the hosts, giving some interesting information about the game.

We learn that there will be many NPCs in the world, and in some cases they’ll join Aloy on her quests and fight alongside her, while in other cases Aloy will be able to join them on their own quests.

Players will be able to ride other machines later in the game, not just the Broadhead that we have seen so far. Postma was asked whether we’ll be able to ride flying machines, but he said he couldn’t answer that question (some might consider the lack of answer interesting on its own, but of course that would be just speculation).
http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/01...ions-mounts-and-more-more-gameplay-showcased/

Hugstable

Banned
Awesome, hope the game is fun, will definitely be giving it a try. Really like the setting

Suikoden VI.ugh

Funny enough it was when I saw that listed that I knew he was always full of crap. Suikoden is a Konami franchise and to have rumored that Konami was going to have a sequel to their niche rpg series in the works during a time where it seemed like they wanted nothing to do with gaming outside of gambling machines and metal gear gambling machines just seemed very off to me.

I haven't seen any Horizon trailers yet, but I only watched Rogue One so far of mainstream movies.

I did see Uncharted 4 trailers before that release though, I think when I went to watch Episode VII

I think they think Horizon is they're next grand slam like TLOU or Uncharted.

Edit: i hope they're right. I'd love to jump on the horizon bandwagon

After: "omg it has towers the game will be generic open world jank, GG you hacks who's borrowing from popular trends instead of reinventing them!"

Come on - AC games are painfully boring so I was slightly worried when the initial trailers were showing similar gameplay.

Loudninja

Heh

Sony Interactive Entertainment Asia President Hiroyuki Oda is loved and respected by local fans. He is not your usual suit, and he definitely lends himself to funny stunts during press conferences and similar events.

Today, as is tradition, Sony Interactive Entertainment did the honors of marking the opening of Taipei Game Show, and Oda-san performed one of his usual badass entrances, dressed in full Horizon: Zero Dawn cosplay.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/01...ow-badass-entrance-horizon-zero-dawn-cosplay/

I love what I have seen so far. I plan on getting this day one. I just am not ready to pre-order because I am not convinced we see it in February.

Sanctuary

I kinda consider "Action-survival" to be different from pure adventure. The first snowy forest section of the game cements that pretty solidly for me. Oddly, enough more games like that have female protagonists.

Oh come on. Just because it has crafting, that doesn't make it any less of an action/adventure game, especially in the AAA sphere.

Anyway, my Pro is ready.

Game looks phenomenal, hopefully the narrative matches the amazing graphics.

Hopefully the gameplay matches the amazing graphics.

AudioEppa

I love what I have seen so far. I plan on getting this day one. I just am not ready to pre-order because I am not convinced we see it in February.

I'm predicting a delayed push into March. Or a May release. I just got that 'oh, somethings coming' vibe. Almost like I can hear the typing going on by whoever is getting ready to post it on the PS blog lol

VanWinkle

According to some gaffer I saw in another Horizon topic we're getting previews of the game on Jan 30th.

I also remember the game director saying we'll be getting more gameplay before launch, maybe after previews? Can't wait to see if they still have more surprises for us in the gameplay department.

I sure hope so. We NEED to see some open-ended gameplay (meaning, not scripted or semi-scripted sequences). In fact, the lack of a nice long video of some open-world gameplay is partly why I've had this seed of worry in me about the game. That it's not as open of a game as I hope. I'm sure a nice big gameplay walkthrough would alleviate my worries, but we're a month before launch so I wish they would hurry.

JakR

From the first showing the game looks special for me and I can not wait to play it.
I do not need to see more of Horizon, I just want to play it in march. :)

Loudninja

Oh come on. Just because it has crafting, that doesn't make it any less of an action/adventure game, especially in the AAA sphere.

Anyway, my Pro is ready.

Hopefully the gameplay matches the amazing graphics.
The gameplay sounds amazing
Did you get to do much platforming? We just saw that cool footage this week at the PlayStation event, where Aloy was climbing up one of the massive Tallneck machines. That was awesome! I’m hoping there is more of those types of interactions. I just love that it feels like there’s so much variety to every encounter. Just when I think the game has no more tricks up its sleeve, I discover all these different things. Like in my demo, I was able to stealth kill from above by running across a tightrope that connected to two big trees. Machines also look super different (and scarier!) at night, and the weather can affect the difficulty as well. You won’t be able to see those beasts as easily in the fog. The impression I got is we haven’t even seen a fraction of what you can do in that game or the world. Later on you can get a rocket launcher! Can you imagine the machines you’ll be taking down with that? Guerrilla indicated there are so many different machines they haven’t even revealed yet. I feel this great sense of excitement when I explore for that very reason.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...our-hands-on-time-with-horizon-zero-dawn.aspx

Top Bottom