• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is teasing a game reveal on 4/19 "Will vengeance bring redemption?"

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The banner reads "Will vengeance bring redemption?" and below that it says 04.19.12

exactly_what_you_think_it_is.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/PlayStation

Rock if cold?

God of War 4 with Kratos....i doubt it.

Wasnt this the slogan for God of War 3?
He was looking for Vengeance against Zeus and the Titans and Redemption for having decked his family right?
I decided to switch my brain off for the GOW3 story so i might be mistaken.

The shattered Glass effect makes me think they are actually gonna try something new, not Kratos if its God of War 4, and honestly the teaser reminds me not of god of war but more of something less all out Violent but maybe more along the lines of a Quantic Dreams project where you are seeking Vengeance for who the fuck cares its gonna be awesome, but as the story unfolds Vengeance doesnt seem to bring the Redemption the protagonist is looking for.

Anyone remember that movie Crash, when the persian dude thought the hispanic guy got his shop robbed and he decided to go get revenge....im thinking a more dramatic game to that effect would suit this slogan...but hey thats just me.

He was looking for Vengeance against Zeus and the Titans and Redemption for having decked his family right?

That's actually a perfect summary of the entire trilogy's story.

In any case, his final act in GOW3 was meant to bring redemption, so this is GOW4 without a doubt.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

I think the slogan for GoW 3 was 'In the end there will be only chaos'.

I really hope they have a new protagonist....

Fookin Kratos definitely didnt achieve redemption at the last count, but I dont think he can...easily the evilest bugger in the entire series

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sorry for the dumb question but i'm not into the gow saga, who is so kind to explain me the "Rock if cold?" thing?

Sorry for the dumb question but i'm not into the gow saga, who is so kind to explain me the "Rock if cold?" thing?

It's a dumb pun based on "lock if old", since the banner image has been on the playstation facebook for 5 hours and search yielded no results.

rdrr gnr

OP knows what it is. Rock if cold is a play on words. (Lock if old/Mock if old) is commonly found at the end of news threads to save face if the story has already been reported or discussed, given how terrible the search function and Google can be.

So, off-topic, Orwell or Yorke?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's a dumb pun based on "lock if old", since the banner image has been on the playstation facebook for 5 hours and search yielded no results.

OP knows what it is. Rock if cold is a play on words. (Lock if old/Mock if old) is commonly found at the end of news threads to save face if the story has already been reported or discussed, given how terrible the search function and Google can be.

So, off-topic, Orwell or Yorke?
I know the "rock if cold" is a joke based on "lock if old", but i don't get why it is a hint to gow, but now i understand that only OP knows it.
Thanks both.

PS:
Orwell's 1984 is my favourite book, infact "2+2=5" refers to it ;)

dr_rus

I liked GoW3 but after the 3rd part they really need to change the formula to make GoW4 successful and I think it would be wise for them to just let it lay still for some years and work on a new IP in the meantime. But eh, looks like they don't think so.

MasLegio

Banned
Please let it be a new red dead redemption and not another sequel of the most overrated game series that is the emo hack and slash equivalent of CoD

Kratos fighting jesus and god!?

Needs to happen. Sony has like what, 1 or 2 years left in gaming anyway? Might as well go out with a bang and really piss people off.

The goat killing stuff was just testing the waters. Day 1.

Please let it be a new red dead redemption and not another sequel of the most overrated game series that is the emo hack and slash equivalent of CoD

When you think about it CoD really just copied GOW. Hardly any games were known by three letters back then, so your argument doesn't really stand up. And guess what... RDR? Hello? I think you need to give the series a lot more credit and apologise.

Fezan

rteZP.gif

GOW4 is long overdue so pretty hyped and may be gameinformer jaw dropping screen shots are of GOW

Top Bottom