• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is teasing a game reveal on 4/19 "Will vengeance bring redemption?"

Jharp

God of War set in Norse mythology would be interesting.

On the one hand, I'd hate to see them give the same awful treatment of my favorite mythology as they did with the Greeks', but on the other hand... seeing Santa Monica's awesome visual design applied to Norse imagery could be pretty fucking bitchin'

Imagine a Viking warrior climbing the roots of Yggdrasill with two hand axes, while in the background, Nidhogg can be seen gnawing at the bottom. Given how well God of War 3 did portrayed size and scale, I'm imagining something awesome in my head.

Okay, Sony... do it. Let's see you bastardize Norse myth and making something visually exciting out of it.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Two Sony fans duking it out. IT HAS BEGUN.

In the end there will be
no Sony to be a fan of ;_;

Come to think of it, you guys remember that GoW pic from a Tester video or whatever it was, the one that was rumoured to be from GoW 4, but got shot down by Sony? Maybe it was actually GoW 4 after all. Looked kinda Persian to me. Maybe Kratos will go to Persia?

gogojira

Hope it's God of War on PS3, honestly. Love the setting, gameplay and amazing visuals of the series in the past, so let's do it again.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
He's got nothing on Gabriel.

Why have I never watched this movie?
But seriously Gabriel is just a messenger boy....Michael was the God of War.
Heck he takes down Lucifer solo.

Id honestly love to play a dramatized version of Revelations, can you imagine SSMs creativity matched with the madness that is the book of Revelations.

injurai

Banned
I will be pissed if this is God Of War Vita, I mean I want good for the Vita, but I would much prefer a full console GoW.

Massa

Maedhros

I will be pissed if this is God Of War Vita, I mean I want good for the Vita, but I would much prefer a full console GoW.

I would prefer everything on PC, but we can't have everything we want.

It's certainly a possibility (a God of War game for Vita).

Please not be a Vita-exclusive, I do not like the series enough to get a Vita just to play it (waiting for the Vita-2000 before I jump in).

injurai

Banned
I would prefer everything on PC, but we can't have everything we want.

It's certainly a possibility (a God of War game for Vita).

GoW PC, that is beyond wishful thinking. Or maybe not if SCE collapses next-gen. GoW Vita would till be awesome, but If they are introducing a new pantheon that needs to be a main console release. I don't want another portable Greek mythos game.

Hanmik

Crazy theory time...

if you watch that (maybe fake?) teaser (off cam) that surfaced a month ago..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAlEz_43ddk

40 seconds in...

R4wBg.jpg

and then the new picture..

MQazO.jpg

maybe the teaser is real..? or maybe I´m crazy afterall..

The Vita really could use a God of War game, still hope it is for the PS3 (or maybe both?)

But maybe it's only a FB game? haha... ._.

Edit: ^ That trailer looks way too fake for an actual trailer. I mean Artwork with some voice over? That's too cheap for Santa Monica IMO. Even if it is a teaser.

Toppot

Crazy theory time...

if you watch that (maybe fake?) teaser (off cam) that surfaced a month ago..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAlEz_43ddk

You are crazy. The logo at the end has lowercase in it, the God of War logo is always uppercase. Plus there's no hidden omega symbol in it, horrible voice over, no action, looks nothing like past teasers which are always some CG render.

I doubt they will go with 4 though, I should imagine they will go with a subtitle like the psp games.

Toppot

You tease!
They are in the same universe after all, but not going to happen =P Would be cool if there was something related to nariko hidden in the next GoW game. Or just stright out link like Kratos being the Heavenly warrior that brought down the heavenly sword that Narikos clan protects.

Yepp you are crazy.
We are talking about God of War here. If Sony has any flagship first party game franchise of the last gen left, it's this franchise. For the first reveal of God of War 3, they went 60 sec full CG with a complete score not featured in the previous iterations.

And now for the sucessor you are telling me that some, quite uninspired looking artwork, the same score as the "Epic Scale" trailer and some laughably bad & muffled voice-over of a youtube clip, that hasn't been taken down for months, is supposed to be the real deal?

No way.

FireCloud

I believe the consensus here is that it will be a God of War sequel.

.....or, a new Superman game featuring General Zod called...

Zod of War!
image.php

Top Bottom