• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is teasing a game reveal on 4/19 "Will vengeance bring redemption?"

If it could do Uncharted, it can do God of War.

Golden Abyss isn't even in the same ballpark as Uncharted 3 when it comes to visuals. And it doesn't even run native at the Vita's own resolution.

And if they aren't going to support it with AAA software, why did they even bother launching the Vita?

Why would the feed it ports of PS3 games? Like I said, who the hell is honestly going to want a the weaker version of GoW4? It's a series that's known for cutting edge visuals. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't make a GoW title for the system, but a port wouldn't be worth the effort. No one is going to buy a Vita for a port.

vio

Well as discovered on other thread... url of the image is..
url..blablabla... gowa_fb/1.png wich would mean god of war announcement_facebook.

Hanmik

He's not playing anyone. Sony's announcing something really cool on the 19th. You have every right to be excited.

so you are the one playing everyone..! just tell us... is it a new Wrestling game with stone cold steve austin and the rock...?
God of War 4

winstano

Well as discovered on other thread... url of the image is..
url..blablabla... gowa_fb/1.png wich would mean god of war announcement_facebook.

Also the url of the image in the OP is "Exactly_what_you_think_it_is.jpg", so... yeah.

Why reveal God of War 4 at such a random date this close to E3?

They've done this twice now. Preview and reveal all of their big stuff prior to E3, and then go "and now gameplay" at the conference instead of announcement + trailer.

I would imagine it gives them incredibly value information as to how they should taior their E3 conference based on how the public reacts to each of the game reveals leading up to the conference.

At least thats how I would leverage it.

I could see this being for Vita, to generate a shocker reaction. GOW4, the next big installment, on the PS Vita, that is if they're willing to take the risk.

Gawny

Neo Member
At the top of the image... Kratos?

d45bc44065041de4592258d579a583e33395eef2.jpg

to get all the media attention to themselves now?

Exactly. We have the interwebs now. Why would you bother to wait for E3? Sure it is nice to 'win E3' in the eyes of fans, but all that is largely irrelevant in this day and age. Better to market on your own terms rather then getting lost in whatever bullshit Microsoft is peddling this year.

E3 is really only a showcase for animated gifs. Personally I think Sony should be applauded for announcing things earlier to give people extra time to design and create them. There are some extra special gifs created at the spare of the moment, but let us all be honest. Most of the best are pre-created, just waiting for that perfect moment to be posted.

I don't know when a GOW4 gif will be needed during E3, but you all know it will. Especially if it has Kratos violently killing something. That is bound to get used. Then there are cases where graphical superiority is questioned, so they will come handy for that too.

El-Suave

I think they did something similar before with LBP2, KZ3 etc announced a few months before E3

Sony's policies have been pretty stupid though this gen. I remember when they had review embargos for their biggest and best games end three weeks before their launches. You get people excited early that way, but your game is basically gone from the big website's front pages when it actually launches and you could use those free ads and buzz.

spanks

If they decided to go with Jaffe's multi-myth, Zelda-style idea, this might be the first GoW that I get into. Fingers crossed.

Sony's policies have been pretty stupid though this gen. I remember when they had review embargos for their biggest and best games end three weeks before their launches. You get people excited early that way, but your game is basically gone from the big website's front pages when it actually launches and you could use those free ads and buzz.

That's dumb, but revealing games at non-gaming isn't. It's basically the Rockstar way of doing things. By showing trailers and revealing games on their own time they're able to get all the attention. Next Thursday and Friday will be all about GoW4.

Loudninja

Really who cares how they reveal something?

Its silly how people think they must save them for an event.

Even though I enjoyed the GoW games can't say I'm that excited for yet another sequel. Really wish we were seeing more new IPs from the powerhouse studios. Saying that, a more open world GoW game akin to Dark Souls might be interesting.

rdrr gnr

Even though I enjoyed the GoW games can't say I'm that excited for yet another sequel. Really wish we were seeing more new IPs from the powerhouse studios. Saying that, a more open world GoW game akin to Dark Souls might be interesting.
I'm inclined to agree, but, goddamn, this game is going to look good.

Top Bottom