• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony @ Leipzig - Conference Thread

Wollan

Sony_logo0506.jpg
@
leipzig_gc2008.jpg

For everything else Leipzig please visit Hammer24's GC Leipzig thread.
Sony's the only platform holder with a press conference this year and it's starting now. EDIT: Finished, all announcements below.

Live Blogs:

http://www.videogaming247.com/

http://www.eurogamer.net/

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/899/899988p1.html

News summary:
• LittleBigPlanet - October 29th for PAL countries
• PSP model 3000 announced (almost same size as Slim&Light, smoother more curved corners, increased intensity and colors to lcd screen (also much less glare), built in microphone. October 15th in EMEA territories. 199euro w/game, Old PSP's will cost 169euro without)
• 160GB Limited Edition PS3 for 449euro (comes included with 70euro worth of DL games) October 31st.
• PS3 controller Keyboard add-on (attaches on top) with touch-pad for cursor control, coming for eight different languages
• Play-TV September 19th
• Vidzone for 23 PAL countries. Free Music streaming PS3 app (Q1 09), no charge. Downloads in Q3 09.
• Go!View Sky Service (PSP) set for Q3 08
• SingStar PS3: You can now rip your old PS2 SingStar games (PS3 firmware upgrade needed)
• SingStar DISNEY announced 'Singalong with Disney'
• SingStar Turkish Party (!) announced
• EyePet announced 'Stroke the animals, draw toys for them' 2009 Impressive Trailer
• Heavy Rain *bow* 2009 (Dedicated Thread with Trailers)

51661420080820_180947_2_big.jpg

51661420080820_180947_1_big.jpg

2780863293_f892bd4206.jpg

2781722342_c342129cd5.jpg

2780856573_4e37748452_b.jpg

80/20 Split on the so called reeve announcement. 80 being more focused on casual. 20 on everyone else. COME ON! BE GOOD! and let's count down those 12 announcements!

and I have Eurogamer up but i don't want to refresh so it can die on me :lol

Loudninja

8:03 a.m. -- And now a gentleman takes the stage and kindly begins delivering German poetry in both German and English. I mean it, he's really reciting poetry now. Sony knows how to start a show. Bob Dylan quote given, now that's poetry.

8:02 a.m. -- By the way, LittleBigPlanet has had a crazy showing here, with tons of billboards and a giant inflatable SackBoy -- I kid you not. More games now, including some Buzz, LocoRoco, Infamous, Fat Princess, woo!!!! And The Last Guy. Another Woo! Now there's some bug creatures running around. Music is intense. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm very excited.

8:01 a.m. -- A colorful trailer begins, showing Wipepout, Ratchet, MAG, MotorStorm, Resistance and other goodies. Oh, it's Siren and Home too. Lots of fun stuff.

8:00 a.m. -- Ah, and at last, it begins, and we finally got seats. IGN for the win. A massive screen dominates a stage on the show floor, and the crowd heaves in anticipation.

7:59 a.m. -- The hall is filled with happy videogame nerds, the scent of high-quality beer and booth babes that aren't regulated by any of the ridiculous "laws" that bind the awesomoness of US booth babes. Clearly this is the place to be. Unfortunately, this press conference is already crazy crowded... and we were kicked out multiple times.

7:58 a.m. -- Hey everyone, Ryan Clements here, the coolest member of the PlayStation Team. Dave Clayman and I are here in Leipzig for the German Games Convention, and Sony's press conference is about to start.

8:06 a.m. -- They'll be showcasing LittleBigPLanet, Killzone 2, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, and Resistance 2. We've seen them before, but we're going to be seeing some "firsts" today, like firsts in technology, products and games -- even global initiatives. Your mom's a global initiative, by the way. Yeah I said it.

Xater

They'll be showcasing LittleBigPLanet, Killzone 2, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, and Resistance 2. We've seen them before, but we're going to be seeing some "firsts" today, like firsts in technology, products and games -- even global initiatives. Your mom's a global initiative, by the way. Yeah I said it.

OMNOMNOM

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
WEeeeee

Should retitle this thread to the Sony @ Liepzig thread of why didnt they do this at E3.

10:07:22 -

That will be coming "first to Europe" and everything!

10:07:10 -

But wait! New games and technology too, says Dave!

10:07:03 -

He's going to showcase LBP, Killzone 2, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift and Resistance 2. "Games you have seen showcased before," he helpfully observes.

New games? Tell Moar Mistur Reeeves.

8:08 a.m. -- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G is named as a big game recently, as well as Crisis Core. By the way, if you haven't played Crisis Core yet, do so. PSP 3000!!!!!!! On man, here it is!!!!

IGN

8:08 a.m. -- Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G is named as a big game recently, as well as Crisis Core. By the way, if you haven't played Crisis Core yet, do so. PSP 3000!!!!!!! On man, here it is!!!!

;o

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Just noticed there are two Helghasts standing by the stage. Perhaps they are Bob Dylan's copyright lawyers come to take Dave away.

8:09 a.m. -- It brings you all the functionality of the old PSP, looks the same, actually... hmm. Hm, the LCD screen is "enhanced" He's explaining what that means. The intensity of colors have been increased. Crisper colors in outside natural light, reducing glare. Screens for the win!

PSP 3000? Whaaaat?

I'll probably get one, but seriously they need to reach a point where they start saving features for the PSP2.

"We will be enhancing the LCD screen. What this actually means is we have taken the already high quality screen and increased the intensity and number of colours it can display."

:lol selling old slim psp for this.

add me a built in camera that has mic input that would be swell. i would pay money for it Sony!

Otheradam

I wonder what will be different about the new psp. 2000 seems like it came out not long ago. It's only been like, what? A year?

Top Bottom