• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony @ Leipzig - Conference Thread

Mahadev

8:09 a.m. -- In addition, the PSP 3000 has a built-in microphone. Along with Skype and Go Messenger, this will make it a "reliable communication device."

Wow so it is PSPhone.

8:11 a.m. -- PSP 3000 will launch on the 15th of October for 199 Euros with one-game bundles. Eight Bundles will be included. Harry Potter, Buzz Master Quiz, Go Messenger, FIFA 09 Slim and Lite will then be priced at 169 Euros. Keep in mind kids, that's Euros, not USD. It will be more expensive here, in a way.

8:12 a.m. -- Moving on, Sony Online Entertainment is showing off The Agency. DC Universe Online. Free Realms. The last one is a fantasy game that will be more widely accessible for a broader audience.

8:11 a.m. -- PSP 3000 will launch on the 15th of October for 199 Euros with one-game bundles. Eight Bundles will be included. Harry Potter, Buzz Master Quiz, Go Messenger, FIFA 09 Slim and Lite will then be priced at 169 Euros. Keep in mind kids, that's Euros, not USD. It will be more expensive here, in a way.

Xater

PSP 3000 will launch on the 15th of October for 199 Euros with one-game bundles. Eight Bundles will be included. Harry Potter, Buzz Master Quiz, Go Messenger, FIFA 09 Slim and Lite will then be priced at 169 Euros. Keep in mind kids, that's Euros, not USD. It will be more expensive here, in a way.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
i just want more ps3 games. another god of war would be welcome.

Hesemonni

Banned
I just hope PSP-3000's screen is as lousy as the current one, response time wise. So I wouldn't have to buy another one. Otherwise I'm fine with Slim & Lite's screen (& CFW).

duckroll

So in Japan I guess the Dissidia bundle will be a PSP-3000.

At this rate Sony needs to come up with more increments really quick.

KH BbS bundle = PSP-3500
The 3rd Birthday bundle = PSP-3750

FFAgitoXIII bundle = PSP-4000

jiggle

Not enough of an improvement for me to upgrade. Guess I'll have to see the screen first, but sounds like I'll be waiting for 4000 next year to upgrade my phat.

theBishop

Banned
badcrumble said:
PSP 3000? Whaaaat?

I'll probably get one, but seriously they need to reach a point where they start saving features for the PSP2.

PSP is still a powerful piece of hardware. I doubt we're going to see a proper PSP2 for a few years.

KTallguy

Banned
I wish they'd announce a completely new PSP.

But if there's a mic I could see myself using this for phone stuff.

Is there still no remote available for the slim??

Xater

The speaker shows that the relationship between SCE and SOE is being strengthened in order to benefit their expanding userbase. Now let's have a quick look at the games SOE has on the table. Trailer begins. Free Realms. Colorful, fantasy, you can play... soccer? Lots of fantastical places to check out, basic hack-n-slash combat.

Evander

"industry expert"
nny said:
better screen? that's always good. It's not like I'm getting another PSP though.

it it's just the screen, then I'll play this like I did when the GBA SPs came out with brighter screens.

If games start using the built in mic, though, or there is some other new feature they mentioned that will elsewise make new games coming out incompatable with what I already have, then that is going to be annoying.

Azrael

If they're going to introduce a third hardware revision, they could have at least added something better like internal storage.

Evander

"industry expert"
KTallguy said:
I wish they'd announce a completely new PSP.

But if there's a mic I could see myself using this for phone stuff.

Is there still no remote available for the slim??

there are two remotes out there (in the US)

a white one for 20 bucks that comes with headphones, and a black one for 30 that comes with a mic-headset.

Xater

"8:16 a.m. -- The host talks shortly about Kaz Hirai. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that Kaz is the man. So, PS3 has a great year. Sales have grown to over 14 million worldwide, and 5.8 million through the end of July -- that's in the PAL territories. Friday of this week, 80 gig PS3 available!!!!! 399 Euros."

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wow, nearly half of PS3 sales/shipments/whatever are in PAL-land.

Sales have grown to over 14 million worldwide, and 5.8 million through the end of July -- that's in the PAL territories.

5.8 out of 14m.

Top Bottom