• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony @ Leipzig - Conference Thread

8:23 a.m. -- You can use this streaming content to create custom playlists and it can be accessed via Remote Play on your PSP, and also including phone support. Wow, I'm actually pretty impressed by that

probably some 96bps quality music.

8:23 a.m. -- You can use this streaming content to create custom playlists and it can be accessed via Remote Play on your PSP, and also including phone support. Wow, I'm actually pretty impressed by that

Xater

wsippel

Banned
DMPrince said:
8:22 a.m. -- Speaker is -- again -- pleased to announce a new music service for 23 PAL territories. VidZones.

4th announcement.
I think you missed a few. I'd consider the SCE/ SOE publishing deal an announcement for example.

gantz85

Banned
Mahadev said:
It's the same PS3 with bigger HDD and 70 euros of free downlodable games. You have to be really stupid to be confused by this SKU.

He's not stupid, he's deliberately trying to portray Sony in a certain way.

8:25 a.m. -- Music and video are focal points for the PAL territories. Streaming service will be launched Q1 of next year. Music download service will be Q3 of next year. Ah, to clarify then, there will be two services for boths streaming and downloading. Groovy.

Xater

8:25 a.m. -- Music and video are focal points for the PAL territories. Streaming service will be launched Q1 of next year. Music download service will be Q3 of next year. Ah, to clarify then, there will be two services for boths streaming and downloading. Groovy.

8:27 a.m. -- SingStar trailer, the beat is infectious. If I were Greg Miller, I would be dancing right now. But I'm not, so I'll contain myself. SingStar logo sweeps over screen as people dance to the beat. They look super pumped to be... alive, I guess.

JimiNutz

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
8:22 a.m. -- Speaker is -- again -- pleased to announce a new music service for 23 PAL territories. VidZones. It's going to be seperate from the already established video service. Intriguing. Unlimited streaming of music on demand, totally FREE of charge. Um, all kinds of awesome? Yes, yes it is.

It's about time Sony started treating EU well. Fuck America they hate you over there :D
New keypad didn't excite me at all until I heard them mention a touch pad which may be used in games.

8:27 a.m. -- SingStar trailer, the beat is infectious. If I were Greg Miller, I would be dancing right now. But I'm not, so I'll contain myself. SingStar logo sweeps over screen as people dance to the beat. They look super pumped to be... alive, I guess.

Singstar time. i hope there's something to fight Lips. I hope it's some ass feature!

Haunted

sp0rsk said:
How about announcing a cheaper ps3?
Don't be ridiculous.

If this continues, the PS3 will still be 400€ by the end of this gen, with a 320GB HDD, two controllers and 5 games or something. >_<

AVclub

Ah so there's the catch...stream it for free, but if you want to have custom soundtracks with it, you'll need to pay to download the music. (this is only my theory, btw: based on what the reporter is typing)

TheOddOne

17:27:36 -"I'm sure you want to know about the games." Not half, Dave. "As we are in Germany, what better game to begin with than SingStar?" A PC RTS, perhaps?

Eurogamer is awesome.

Supposed

Banned
Why do we need this 'new' music streaming service when you can go on Youtube on the internet browser and have access to hundreds of thousands more?

8:28 a.m. -- Oh, new service to play the tracks from our PS2 versions of the SingStar games onto your PS3! Just throw in the PS2 disc and you can grab the tracks! This will be available through a firmware update.

so are they saying we can copy the songs off the ps2 version. save it to hdd in a ps3 version singstar or what?

Xater

8:28 a.m. -- Oh, new service to play the tracks from our PS2 versions of the SingStar games onto your PS3! Just throw in the PS2 disc and you can grab the tracks! This will be available through a firmware update.

I bet they are counting all these as announcements:

- PSP 3000
- SOE deal
- PS3 160GB
- PlayTV
- Little Big Planet
- Vidzone
- Keyboard addon
- Singstar Vol3

4 left?

Haunted

theBishop said:
I'll never understand why people pay for Ringtones when they are easy as balls to make using completely Free software.

plenty of tutorials to be found everywhere, too.

Top Bottom