• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Paris Games Week 2017 Pre-Show to Host 7 New Game Announcements

I hope those predicting a price drop on the PRO are correct, I am looking to get one to go with the PSVR I got in the summer. Would be perfect timing, plus maybe additional black friday deal on top of the price drop would be icing on the cake.

mortal

Gold Member
I hope those predicting a price drop on the PRO are correct, I am looking to get one to go with the PSVR I got in the summer. Would be perfect timing, plus maybe additional black friday deal on top of the price drop would be icing on the cake.
I'm hoping so as well.

thsantos

4VG6D_s-200x150.gif

And after all that, a picture of MGSV on the avatar.

ehead

Hmm, cautiously optimistic. The last game I've played on my PS4 is Horizon which I thoroughly enjoyed. After that, I haven't turned it on for like 4 months. I'm ready for a Monster Hunter demo though.

Lucreto

Things I will lose my shit over if they are announced.

Okami sequel by Platinum
Ratchet and Clank game
Puppeteer remaster

I am not expecting to lose much shit.

est1992

Hopefully I'm interested in whatever it is that they're working on.
If you're a fan of Rocksteady you will, whether it's Superman, another Batman, or even a new IP. They always find a way to reel people in. I didn't want another Batman game at all after Origins, but when I saw that trailer for Knight, they got me

tr00per

The last time, these games were shown for the very first time:

Gran Turismo Sport
Detroit: Become Human
Driveclub Bikes
Robinson: The Journey
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Tekken 7
Matterfall

That's pretty significant in my book. Are they streaming this anywhere?

Edit:
It’s going to be a wild day. Hope you can join us! We’ll be streaming live on live.playstation.com, Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.

RedHill

Banned
I'm reading Reddit rumors that
there will be a Legacy of Kain reboot announcement, Rocksteady is making Superman but it's too early to show, and WB Montreal's Batman game is straight up cancelled.

Personally I don't believe it.

there will be a Legacy of Kain reboot announcement, Rocksteady is making Superman but it's too early to show, and WB Montreal's Batman game is straight up cancelled.

Can you post the link?

CheckMate

GoW release date is a sure-thing.

Wonder how fast GAF reaction will be with less members ;p

LoK is dead - Squares US branch will make Marvel games now.

RS should be waaaays into their new game so idk about that.

Last one is true and was reported by kotaku.

est1992

I don't either. I read where it came from on 4chan and all the dude said was that he knew some guys at Rocksteady.

Rocksteady should be well into their next game. Those Superman leaks were from a couple years ago.

Ricker

According to Gamezone:

''Sony teases 7 new game announcements, 21 updates for next week(tomorrow)''

We shall see.

g11

Every time Sony teases something like this recently it's either a huge let down or games that are like 2 years out. I'm not getting my hopes up this time.
Sony, please Bloodborne 2. Please.

Said it a few times, but its either this show or PSX for Shenmue HD. Its a Christmas game so... makes sense. Plus it was Sega Europe who registered the HD domains.

Jigolo

I don't expect anything major tbh. Sony just has too many events (more than any of the other Big 3) and this seems like one of the smaller ones for them. Even if they are touting 7 new game announcements, I'm guessing it isn't going to be that big a deal. I'm more interested in new trailers and dates for some already announced games.

I don't expect anything major tbh. Sony just has too many events (more than any of the other Big 3) and this seems like one of the smaller ones for them. Even if they are touting 7 new game announcements, I'm guessing it isn't going to be that big a deal. I'm more interested in new trailers and dates for some already announced games.
Yep, even though 7 announcements could sound big and exciting, the titles can be minor. I hope I'm wrong though...

Garuda1One

Yep, probably some indies (dont get me wrong, love indies), and not anything major or AAA. Im expecting a few new games for PSVR thou..

PUBG Please

That would be great, but I think it will be revealed at PSX...

Yea, it could. Either way, it's getting to be time they share something with us. I'm just dying to know the style they are gonna choose, and interested in seeing the effort they are gonna put into it.

All I can say is that I'm hoping it's the exact same style as REmake and RE0, as in 3rd person, preferably pre-rendered or 3D with highly detailed backgrounds that pan in certain areas, but offer the same "What's around the corner" type still shots of say Code Veronica.

This could be the greatest REmake of them all if done properly. But the question is whether Capcom is willing to put up the cash to make it so.

Its hard for me to gauge what is likely to be announced on Paris Games Week. If I'm honest I rather they push the big announcements and surprises to PSX. Since I'm going to be there lol.

RedHill

Banned
I'd imagine any big announcements during their conference would be third party devs and they save the big first party stuff for PSX

Nerix

Hope to see more about Dreams, can't believe that they actually showed first concept at PS4 reveal in Feb 2013. Wild would be also great.

Btw, sad to see that there are so few posters left... A thread like this would've had dozens if not hundreds of pages a few hours prior to such an event.

Top Bottom