• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony planning a movie about the console wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lulz.

http://www.slashfilm.com/is-sony-planning-a-movie-about-the-video-game-console-wars/

Update: Kris Tapley of In Contention says he’s heard about this project, and that “a Social Network of video games” is exactly how it was described.

Of course, if Sony does produce and/or distribute a film about the “console wars,” that is focused on gaming technology, we don’t expect it to be particularly, er, fair and balanced.

The domains (registered) include the following:

console-war.net
console-warmovie.com
console-wars.net
console-warsmovie.com
consolewar-movie.com
consolewar-movie.net
consolewar.net
consolewarmovie.com
consolewars-movie.com
consolewars-movie.net
consolewarsmovie.com
theconsolewar-movie.com
theconsolewar-movie.net
theconsolewar.net
theconsolewarmovie.com
theconsolewars-movie.com
theconsolewars-movie.net
theconsolewarsmovie.com

Quick

Banned
You don't pay $599 for a PS3 without taking a few jobs.

ibiiaGzSAaxMSm.gif

Brofist

It'll be interesting to see what happens in their alternate reality version. Vita outsells all iThing devices combined.

Cagey

Banned
It'll start with young upstart Japanese tech firm Sony developing the greatest most unique idea in history: CDs with games on them. Nintendo, the big evil old stodgy cliche monolith, tells Sony thanks but no thanks because your new ideas are stupid compared to our old business methods.

Sony then goes on its own and BOOM, shoving it in those old fuck's faces. Sony's young hip CEOs order bottles, get all the models.

Later, a new challenger appears: the big evil old stodgy cliche monolith but with AMERICA FUCK YEAH attitude, Microsoft.

Also, Nintendo's got young guns in charge who jumped ship from Sony for megabucks, revitalizing the company and looking to take down their predecessor.

Sony's looking doomed. What can Sony do?

Spoiler alert: Sony wins.

/fin

Also, somewhere along the way, there's some crazy romance drama between a Sony director and someone from the competition. Starring Shia Lebouf.

‎"Your telling me we only sold 20 million gamecubes?"
"18 million"
"People are out there, they want to hear Nintendo being sucessful"
"Not this round, Reggie. Not this round"
"I thought my body would be ready but I just. I just don't know anymore"
"They want more games, Reggie"
"They always want more fucking games..."
"It never stops, Steve. I'm getting old. I'm getting tired..."

--

‎"We've sold 100 million PS2's"
"By god, we're unstoppable. We can do whatever we want. We can sell whatever we want"
"What are you saying sir?"
"We have the money, we can build a computer....No...not just any computer. A Super Computer!"
*flashforward*
"In order for this project to be viable we have to charge Five Hundred and Ninety Nine US Dollars..."
*People at a round table looking at eachother in shock and awe*

--

"Wii's are sold out everywhere sir"
"Get Jack Tretton to say that if someone finds a PS3 in store he'll give them a thousand dollars or something"
"The situation isn't like that sir, we're not selling at all..."
"You're telling me that some fucking Gamecube without a controller is selling as if there's a solid long term concept behind it?"
"Wii Play outsells all our software"
"Wii Play doesn't even deserve a fucking price"
*pauses thinking to himself*
*fit of rage*
"Fucking bullshit. Fuck!"
*lobs boomerang controller across the room only for it to return to his hand*
"We're trapped here, Bill. They'll eat us alive, slowly..."

I'd watch it.

I'd see it. I can't wait for the recreation of Yoichi Wada tapping Don Mattrick on the shoulder. It'll essentially be the point when Andrew Garfield finds out his ownership of Facebook drops to less than 1%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom